Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Anyone do nba Topshot?
    Got into it a few months ago but lost interest once it seemed to be getting too saturated. Was also sick of being required to have certain inventory to qualify for premium packs. Thinking about getting back into it now that it seems like the hype has died down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm a dumbass could have sold a James wiseman NFT for $2000 but then the hype faded away and it went down to $200. Still holding tho lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Really don’t get how NFTs have value to anyone but the owner.
    You mean like fine art?

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You mean like fine art?
    Yeah but totally not the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah but totally not the same.

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kinda like saying auto-tune is equivalent to a singer. At this point NFTs are a niche thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Solana up nice today

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Solana up nice today
    It's tested $200+ a few times and has failed to sustain it. I hope this time it does.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For what it's worth, I bought this cheap ass penny stock that does something with blockchain technology.
    Epaz.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I invested in Jasmy which has some real world implementation unlike the hundreds of meme coins out there. I've made close to 100% in value from my original investment a couple of weeks ago.

It's called the "Japanese bitcoin" and was founded by ex-Sony employees.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    dogecoin

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I couldn't find the old crypto thread.

BTC just broke it's old record and is sitting at $66k

ETH approaching it's old record as it just surpassed $4k

I should have bought more during the last big dip after the China regulations.

What are you guys holding and what should I add?

I have:

3 - ETH
    180 - ADA
    8.5 - SOL
    2,409 - DOGE
    201 - MATIC
    3.8 Million - SHIB
    Having zero exposure to bitcoin is criminal IMVHO..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have 50% bitcoin, 25% ethereum, 25% mixture of Solana, cardano, cosmos, and algroland

This seems like a reasonable position….bitcoin is a must have part of this type of portfolio and then fanning out exposure elsewhere if it’s what you want to do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm holding eth and btc looking great there.

It's lite coin and Bitcoin cash I'm still losing on. When I get to a nice point I'm prob gonna dump it all now that I know it's bad for environment and I can't see it ever really being a viable thing in the long run.
    What is bad for the environment?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    never hopped on the wagon. feels late now.
    IMVHO it’s not late; if you understand the level of adoption globally, it’s still minuscule and there is still majorly significant upside to be had; yes even in bitcoin despite what many seem to think..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hah. Only borrowing I do is for mortgages homie
    I think that mindset has made sense for a long time; but now? Definitely something to consider between capital gains taxes along with having an asset thats appreciating so much vs debt that’s cheap…but of course, taking profit is always a good thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And for those that want to own Doge or Shib or whatever - more power to you. Just make sure you take profit when/if you get the chance along the way. And hopefully you use some of that profit to gain some free exposure to bitcoin along the way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think that mindset has made sense for a long time; but now? Definitely something to consider between capital gains taxes along with having an asset thats appreciating so much vs debt that’s cheap…but of course, taking profit is always a good thing.
    When the music of cheap debt stops I plan on having a ton of cold hard US dollars in cash.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So there’s a lot to this and imo this has been refuted credibly and bitcoin mining is moving and incentivizing efficient and eco friendly (aka renewable energy) operations more than any other energy intensive operation.

Everything uses energy - the questions become 1) is there a path and incentive to move towards renewable energy and 2) is the energy use (regardless of renewable or not) worth the output?

I’d say it’s clear on bitcoin the answer is a resounding yes.

Im actually very left leaning and I don’t have a general mainstream media hatred (don’t love it, but I’m non conspiratorial usually) but the MSM is woefully uneducated on not just the mechanics of bitcoin but almost all things related (such as mining) and there’s a lot of intellectual dishonesty surrounding most of the criticisms leveled against bitcoin imo.

The exodus from China for miners was a massive step in becoming more eco friendly and its a process for sure but bitcoin is moving faster than nearly any sector with regards to improving its footprint imo.

Here’s one link from a MSM publication:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...new-study.html

And here’s one from a source that imo is way more connected to things both in justifying why current energy usage is justifiable for what we are getting (all things use energy) and one addressing the shift to renewables:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/moneywe...sumption%3famp

https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...y-consumption/

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2021...king-about-it/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When the music of cheap debt stops I plan on having a ton of cold hard US dollars in cash.
    Not a bad plan; unless you believe that inflation is an issue and money printing..I will definitely have some cash and I don’t believe we are in a hyperinflation environment (many parts of the world are though) but a big reason I believe in bitcoin is that it can’t be inflated by printing more and so I will always hold some and make sure I keep a tight watch on how much cash I have sitting around since with taxes (which I’m fine paying taxes to live in a civilized society) and inflation (our purchasing power has undoubtedly declined if you just held cash) cash loses value over time

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not a bad plan; unless you believe that inflation is an issue and money printing..I will definitely have some cash and I don’t believe we are in a hyperinflation environment (many parts of the world are though) but a big reason I believe in bitcoin is that it can’t be inflated by printing more and so I will always hold some and make sure I keep a tight watch on how much cash I have sitting around since with taxes (which I’m fine paying taxes to live in a civilized society) and inflation (our purchasing power has undoubtedly declined if you just held cash) cash loses value over time
    I'm not sayin i'm gonna be 100% cash but def plan on stockpiling up soon.
    I think the fed and government are going to do everything they can to tax and regulate it in new and weird ways to make it less tenable to hold or lend etc than it is now.
    IMO the golden age of easy gains in crypto is now but near an end. I'll prob hold a small bit of BTC and ETH for lolz. The Fed has consistently painted crypto in a negative light and they will always win.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not sayin i'm gonna be 100% cash but def plan on stockpiling up soon.
    I think the fed and government are going to do everything they can to tax and regulate it in new and weird ways to make it less tenable to hold or lend etc than it is now.
    IMO the golden age of easy gains in crypto is now but near an end. I'll prob hold a small bit of BTC and ETH for lolz. The Fed has consistently painted crypto in a negative light and they will always win.
    Fair enough - I disagree but all good!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So there’s a lot to this and imo this has been refuted credibly and bitcoin mining is moving and incentivizing efficient and eco friendly (aka renewable energy) operations more than any other energy intensive operation.

Everything uses energy - the questions become 1) is there a path and incentive to move towards renewable energy and 2) is the energy use (regardless of renewable or not) worth the output?

I’d say it’s clear on bitcoin the answer is a resounding yes.

Im actually very left leaning and I don’t have a general mainstream media hatred (don’t love it, but I’m non conspiratorial usually) but the MSM is woefully uneducated on not just the mechanics of bitcoin but almost all things related (such as mining) and there’s a lot of intellectual dishonesty surrounding most of the criticisms leveled against bitcoin imo.

The exodus from China for miners was a massive step in becoming more eco friendly and its a process for sure but bitcoin is moving faster than nearly any sector with regards to improving its footprint imo.

Here’s one link from a MSM publication:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...new-study.html

And here’s one from a source that imo is way more connected to things both in justifying why current energy usage is justifiable for what we are getting (all things use energy) and one addressing the shift to renewables:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/moneywe...sumption%3famp

https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...y-consumption/

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2021...king-about-it/
    I read an article somewhere that miners are looking to set up around oil/gas wells. A lot of those wells don’t have pipelines for the natural gas that is produced with the oil. So the natural gas is often flared straight to the environment. This would be a win win win if the producers can monetize the ng, the miners have a good source of relatively clean energy (other than the fracing) and the environment is saved the ng flaring.

Also at some point, there will be a huge move to geothermal energy which can use the water produced from the wells.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I read an article somewhere that miners are looking to set up around oil/gas wells. A lot of those wells don’t have pipelines for the natural gas that is produced with the oil. So the natural gas is often flared straight to the environment. This would be a win win win if the producers can monetize the ng, the miners have a good source of relatively clean energy (other than the fracing) and the environment is saved the ng flaring.

Also at some point, there will be a huge move to geothermal energy which can use the water produced from the wells.
    Correct! Lots of ability to use flared and wasted gases to mine and it helps the environment tremendously. We will be seeing major announcements from the largest oil companies over the next few years on this.

Thread Information