Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you making up stupid scenarios?
    You're the one who said:

There's probably not been the right trade yet.
    That only has two extensions:

1) The Spurs haven't traded Young because they haven't found an offer for which they'd trade Young -- This is obvious to the point of almost being tautological.

2) The Spurs might have found a trade they like but still haven't made it for some reason -- This is the scenario I was asking about, because if they found a trade for him they like but haven't traded him yet, that would be hard to defend. Yet you proposed it like it would make sense. Hence me asking you if you'd truly defend a situation where the Spurs have a trade for Young they think is good but are still sitting on their hands right now. I don't consider that a remotely likely scenario, especially considering they haven't officially shut Young down like they did with LMA. But you brought it up, so I thought I'd ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His greatest legacy will be that funny gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks man for the thoughts.
    One thing that can’t be understated is how much this team seem to genuinely celebrate each other and their accomplishments on the court.
    Yup

this may be the most cohesive unit we’ve had since the big 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one who said:

That only has two extensions:

1) The Spurs haven't traded Young because they haven't found an offer for which they'd trade Young -- This is obvious to the point of almost being tautological.

2) The Spurs might have found a trade they like but still haven't made it for some reason -- This is the scenario I was asking about, because if they found a trade for him they like but haven't traded him yet, that would be hard to defend. Yet you proposed it like it would make sense. Hence me asking you if you'd truly defend a situation where the Spurs have a trade for Young they think is good but are still sitting on their hands right now. I don't consider that a remotely likely scenario, especially considering they haven't officially shut Young down like they did with LMA. But you brought it up, so I thought I'd ask.
    Number 2) is so stupid I can't even. Here's my scenario: you walk into the cafeteria at work and immediate yourself. I mean, no one can imagine how much comes out of your body. Even the ladies scooping green beans onto plates can smell it and the is running out your pant legs. What do you do? Defend why you just yourself for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking on DeRozan, I see that he hit a 3 in the first game of the regular season with 3 steals to boot! On a more familiar note, he turned the ball over with 2 minutes left to play and missed a shot with a minute left to play in a close game lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portal was good bur he was late on a couple of defensive rotations, allowing Orlando to hit a couple of 3s , not sure why he hesitated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun game ... nice home crowd energy ... 1 of the 3 wins I pencilled in for the first 10 games! Game ball goes to Devin Vassell ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun game ... nice home crowd energy ... 1 of the 3 wins I pencilled in for the first 10 games! Game ball goes to Devin Vassell ...

poodle power ftw,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poodle power ftw,tbh
    you have a point ... he was constantly good this game ... but Vassell got the highlights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember when the spurs' achilles heel was young athletic teams ........
    Damn... now this Spurs team is the young athletic team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have a point ... he was constantly good this game ... but Vassell got the highlights

no doubt. Kj got the ball rolling. Then poodle established himself,and devin finished it off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously never felt this way after a win the last 2 years. Last year even after a big win we knew what we had in our team. This year, no idea. Untapped potential.

even if lose the next 4, at least today was fun lol

but with that said, Spurs will shock some people!

That, my friend, is called hope. I was telling my buddies the exact same thing. I haven’t get this easy since the last time nephew was still playing for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking on DeRozan, I see that he hit a 3 in the first game of the regular season with 3 steals to boot! On a more familiar note, he turned the ball over with 2 minutes left to play and missed a shot with a minute left to play in a close game lol.
    He started last season hitting 3s too. He got everyone hope up by matching total 3s in first few games as the previous season. Then for some reason he just stop shooting 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic sucks but that was fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic might be the worst team in the nba with all these injuries. But we played some nice ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one win down, 17 to go

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how other team guards would feel playing against us, we can throw TJ, DjM, DW and DV against them. Pop can even unsettle them by rotating the player defending them so that they are not able to get use to the defenders. Even KJ, LW and Primo are quite good on 1 on 1 D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait till people go back to hating on this team when they lose the next game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait till people go back to hating on this team when they lose the next game
    that's expected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 2) is so stupid I can't even. Here's my scenario: you walk into the cafeteria at work and immediate yourself. I mean, no one can imagine how much comes out of your body. Even the ladies scooping green beans onto plates can smell it and the is running out your pant legs. What do you do? Defend why you just yourself for some reason.
    Oh, you're a poop joke person...

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta say, i didnt expect this big of a win. Now if only these players would stay consistent and play like this most of the time.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can assure you I'll be sniffing for positive takeaways like a bloodhound...

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was fun as to watch. I loved the energy the players showed out there on the court. If this is what I can expect to see night in and night out from them, then win or lose, I will be a happy man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, you're a poop joke person...
    his post literally started with "Number 2"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the best chances for this team to win some games is to wear the other teams down by running players in and out in waves. We have a lot of players on the bench like Drew, Diop, Jones, (and maybe Keldon and/or Devin depending on who starts) who can play a running game with some pressing defense) Exploit our youthful stamina, athleticism, and team speed, and other teams will grow a half step slower by the third quarter. Perhaps that accounts for our pulling away in the second half in this game. It looks like Lonnie and Murray have sorta learned how to make layups.

We have a lot of players who can run and gun, playing fast break basketball out of defensive breaks and motion offense. It could be a very entertaining team to watch, even without All Star caliber players this year.

Thread Information