Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    411 miles per workday "not too far outside the realm of possibility"

what?

not to mention if he's actually tacking on 100k miles per year, even a few less MPG would add substantial cost
    Lol 400+ miles a day is at 7 days a week. 5 days would be about 600

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol 400+ miles a day is at 7 days a week. 5 days would be about 600
    Works if he is a trucker moving servers or computers around Texas but gives him no time as a tech.

Would have to include overtime as transport regulations would dictate how many hours he could drive per day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the latest outrage de jour. Right wing media makes a -ton of money ginning up outrage, because facts and reasoned takes are boring.

I follow a few conservative groups on facebook, and thumb through fox "news" every few days. Always easy to see what ducks or Dupeboi will be posting about before they post it. Gas-prices popped up a week or so ago.
    It's quicker to just look on texags politics forum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get it either, tbh, the first to benefit from these prices are the shale areas like in Texas. Gives work to Americans as well.

I remember when these guys were all about energy independence...
    What don't you get? Historically Presidents get worried when oil gets over $80 and Biden is getting worried. A lot of people are forecasting $100 bbl and some even $150 - $200 bbl, either would be a disaster for Dems. Whether it happens or not, there is no downside to the GOP starting det narrative now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Works if he is a trucker moving servers or computers around Texas but gives him no time as a tech.

Would have to include overtime as transport regulations would dictate how many hours he could drive per day.
    He could be hauling stuff in a trailer hitched to the hybrid Camry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be hauling stuff in a trailer hitched to the hybrid Camry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What don't you get? Historically Presidents get worried when oil gets over $80 and Biden is getting worried. A lot of people are forecasting $100 bbl and some even $150 - $200 bbl, either would be a disaster for Dems. Whether it happens or not, there is no downside to the GOP starting det narrative now.
    Historically we didn't have the means/tech to replace our foreign dependency on oil or alternatives to it. That has changed, and will continue to change.

I do understand this is about the political gotchas, not an actual real drama.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8700 bucks, divided by say... 3 bucks a gallon, is 2900 gallons. Times 43 miles per gallon and that is 124,700 miles.

Fiddle with some of the assumptions and that is still at least 90k miles.

Do a bit of calculating... 10 months with 22 workdays each... roughly 411 miles per workday, minimum

Not too far outside the realm of plausibility, but likely something of an exaggeration, IMO.
    try $4.29/gallon and a rough average of 41 mpg even with hybrid car, factoring in summer and winter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    try $4.29/gallon and a rough average of 41 mpg even with hybrid car, factoring in summer and winter.
    How do you find time to post here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hardly ever drive for work anymore because of covid. Before covid though I would drive a roughly 80 mile commute per day sometimes... DFW is very spread out and rough.

But y'all are missing the main point... completely overlooking driving for pleasure and only factoring in driving for work...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you find time to post here
    My driving is in spurts. There's a lot of days I haven't posted on here... figure it out. Likely either driving, sleeping, or getting laid. Or out doing something with my best friend in Fort Worth (golfing, shooting, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when these guys were all about energy independence...
    Yeah before Robinette shut everything down with his red tape... Red like China!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red China’s economy is doing pretty good at the moment.

So joey is a Biden fan after all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red China’s economy is doing pretty good at the moment.

So joey is a Biden fan after all!

Actually it isn't especially their real estate market. If you just took 2 seconds to google it you'd know how wrong you are you ing re ! Whose dumb ing alt are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it isn't especially their real estate market. If you just took 2 seconds to google it you'd know how wrong you are you ing re ! Whose dumb ing alt are you?
    In 2008, our real estate market went sour too.

China is going through real estate speculation trouble now but over all production is great.

If Chinese government intervened, this would not be in discussion.

Oh, and I am the alt between your ears, continue living with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2008, our real estate market went sour too.

China is going through real estate speculation trouble now but over all production is great.

If Chinese government intervened, this would not be in discussion.

Oh, and I am the alt between your ears, continue living with it.
    So you lied in your last post then? Look over here and not over there... Goal posts constantly moving with you rejects.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah before Robinette shut everything down with his red tape... Red like China!
    How did he shut it down in March 2020?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you lied in your last post then? Look over here and not over there... Goal posts constantly moving with you rejects.
    Did you lie when you said Joe “shut everything down with his red tape?”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you lie when you said Joe “shut everything down with his red tape?”
    NOPE you silly puto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did he shut it down in March 2020?
    Astral projection

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He’s an alt of Joseph Kony, better go hide!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically we didn't have the means/tech to replace our foreign dependency on oil or alternatives to it. That has changed, and will continue to change.

I do understand this is about the political gotchas, not an actual real drama.
    It's about both in this case. I mean we don't have the "tech" to replace our dependency on oil in the near term at least. We can replace foreign oil with domestic production but that requires a lot of capital. Overall shale has been a capital destruction machine and since 2019 wall street hasn't been willing to throw more capital at it and at least for this year shale producers have been showing restraint on production as well. We'll have to see what happens in 2022 but oil at $100+ would be real actual drama for the economy. I don't claim to know what's going to happen because the oil market is complicated and hard to predict but at least in the near term it looks like there will be more pain at the pump

U.S. Oil Hub Emptying to Levels Last Seen When Crude Cost $100
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ives-up-demand

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has to be fueled by something.
    They get charged by the grid, which is FUELED by something.
    Have you heard of wind turning a turbine?
    Lithium is NOT fuel.
    Have you heard of water running downhill turning a turbine?

I know you have heard of natural gas heating water to turn a turbine?
    do you know what a turbine is?

Have you heard of the photoelectric cells charging batteries?
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-22-2021 at 08:44 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DarrinS is already stupid when he’s sober, but then goes full blown re when he drunk-posts here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's about both in this case. I mean we don't have the "tech" to replace our dependency on oil in the near term at least. We can replace foreign oil with domestic production but that requires a lot of capital. Overall shale has been a capital destruction machine and since 2019 wall street hasn't been willing to throw more capital at it and at least for this year shale producers have been showing restraint on production as well. We'll have to see what happens in 2022 but oil at $100+ would be real actual drama for the economy. I don't claim to know what's going to happen because the oil market is complicated and hard to predict but at least in the near term it looks like there will be more pain at the pump

U.S. Oil Hub Emptying to Levels Last Seen When Crude Cost $100
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ives-up-demand
    Shale was in full swing back in the Barry days, and that's because barrels were this expensive and it was profitable... I recall some posters cheering about being energy independent (without giving that administration any credit for it). The government back then was also heavily investing in renewables.

What happened is we ended up with an administration that catered to terrorists like the Saudis and in exchange we got cheap gas. But it's a long term mistake. High oil prices benefit those terror states, Russia, Venezuela, etc.

I expect high oil prices to continue as the worldwide economy ramps up again post-pandemic. It's not just oil, but a lot of things.

But high oil prices also make alternatives much more attractive, so let's see how long OPEC wants to play that game.

Thread Information