Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think of all that future dead infrastructure. No more gas tanker trucks, no more underground tanks. Charging stations will be everywhere, esp parking garages.

Convenience stores will be a dying breed. oil change shops... ditto.

A lot of disruption.
    If and only if tobacco is prohibited. Which I doubt it will be, even despite all the evidence. There's just as much benzopyrene in cannabis smoke, which, causes lung cancer.

For convenience stores around the USA, tobacco is the #1 in-store purchase. It's probably the #2 reason people actually go inside those sketchy places behind taking a mid-trip piss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adapt or get left behind

Hmmm.

Concept:

Restaurant combined with charger stations. Tables come with small monitor where you can monitor charging progress if you don't have the app on your phone.

Lots of covered parking, with solar panels on top charging on-site batteries. Cities could do some incentives for rainwater capture setups that might help alleviate flooding from non-permeable cover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If and only if tobacco is prohibited. Which I doubt it will be, even despite all the evidence. There's just as much benzopyrene in cannabis smoke, which, causes lung cancer.

For convenience stores around the USA, tobacco is the #1 in-store purchase. It's probably the #2 reason people actually go inside those sketchy places behind taking a mid-trip piss.
    Profit margins for ciggies is low. Declining smoking rates (e-cigs aside) in general make it a slowly losing proposition.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...duct-category/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never doxxed you. Try again, beta.
    You still got my address so what's stopping your lard ass from coming down here to see me besides that dump truck you haul around 24/7 and all those spare tires?

FATTY is scared!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmm.

Concept:

Restaurant combined with charger stations. Tables come with small monitor where you can monitor charging progress if you don't have the app on your phone.

Lots of covered parking, with solar panels on top charging on-site batteries. Cities could do some incentives for rainwater capture setups that might help alleviate flooding from non-permeable cover.
    Should be a pizza place where you make your own pie

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Gasoline engines will go away mostly in 1st world countries. I can see cities banning them in fact. They will probably still be present on boats and aircraft for quite some time, however most cities are clogged with cars that aren't going more than a few miles from home. Imagine if 90% of the cars were EV, how quiet and clean it would be.
    I can see all of this happening in 1st World countries not called the United States. Republican Governors and/or Presidents will ban cities from banning gasoline engines for the foreseeable future, just as they've overridden local bans on fracking.

We will be the last 1st World Country to be majority EV's and many 3rd world countries will beat us there as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see all of this happening in 1st World countries not called the United States. Republican Governors and/or Presidents will ban cities from banning gasoline engines for the foreseeable future, just as they've overridden local bans on fracking.

We will be the last 1st World Country to be majority EV's and many 3rd world countries will beat us there as well.
    You can bet Texas, with all the GOP politicians firmly in the back pocket of the oil/gas industry that controls them will lag in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry this is happening to you. Thoughts and prayers.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sorry this is happening to you. Thoughts and prayers.
    Just remember how pro-EV you are and how much "quieter" and "cleaner" they would be when you're on this forum in ten years arguing on behalf of your pro-oil overlords who are standing in the way. I think you'll pretty easily forget or discard your convictions altogether as always.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just remember how pro-EV you are and how much "quieter" and "cleaner" they would be when you're on this forum in ten years arguing on behalf of your pro-oil overlords who are standing in the way. I think you'll pretty easily forget or discard your convictions altogether as always.
    I am pro EV. I am also pro choice and pro 2nd Amendment. I don't blame everything on the Dems when I don't get my way though.

You sound like Boutons. You need to take a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show us who has stock in what when it comes to Congress and especially the Left.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I am pro EV. I am also pro choice and pro 2nd Amendment. I don't blame everything on the Dems when I don't get my way though.

You sound like Boutons. You need to take a break.
    Triggered by the mere mention of Republicans.

I'm not going to self-edit just to avoid offending your sensitivities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triggered by the mere mention of Republicans.

I'm not going to self-edit just to avoid offending your sensitivities.
    I just said I'm sorry this is happening to you, as you continue your downward spiral, screaming out "republicans!... curse you!"

You're the one who tried to provide narrative.

not going to self edit while using an alt, how clever.

I don't want you to self edit. I like watching you spin out of control

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not going to self edit while using an alt. How clever.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I just said I'm sorry this is happening to you, as you continue your downward spiral, screaming out "republicans!... curse you!"

You're the one who tried to provide narrative.

not going to self edit while using an alt, how clever.

I don't want you to self edit. I like watching you spin out of control
    You're projecting again.

I made a prediction based on recent history with regard to state legislation preventing cities from enacting bans on fracking (not to mention masking, vaccine mandates, etc.) and that post got you all butthurt because, also owing to that recent history, I described those state leaders as Republicans.

And you can't handle that. Because while you may hold some liberal beliefs, you hate liberals more than your own convictions. It's why you claim to be "pro choice" yet spend hours and dozens of posts here arguing against the pro-choice position.

Maybe it's because people like Derp and Darrin and koriwhat make you feel safe, while the liberals here make you feel stupid? I don't know. But you shouldn't be handing out any mental health diagnoses if you're going to melt down like this every time someone acknowledges a flaw in Republican leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're projecting again.
    no
    I made a prediction based on recent history with regard to state legislation preventing cities from enacting bans on fracking (not to mention masking, vaccine mandates, etc.) and that post got you all butthurt because, also owing to that recent history, I described those state leaders as Republicans.
    You made a very predictable comment based on your bias. Nothing more. If the GOPers can get more votes by supporting EV, they'll support EV. If they cannot, they won't.
    And you can't handle that. Because while you may hold some liberal beliefs, you hate liberals more than your own convictions. It's why you claim to be "pro choice" yet spend hours and dozens of posts here arguing against the pro-choice position.
    Yeah that's it. If you're for something (choice) you must also be for the repercussions of it (abortions). You can be pro choice and still be anti-abortion. I am pro 2nd Amendment but also pro choice when it comes to owning a firearm.
    Maybe it's because people like Derp and Darrin and koriwhat make you feel safe, while the liberals here make you feel stupid? I don't know. But you shouldn't be handing out any mental health diagnoses if you're going to melt down like this every time someone acknowledges a flaw in Republican leadership.
    I don't feel the need to run to an alt to feel safe
    Safety is taking the consensus view and echoing the majority. That's your shtick, not mine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you'd do well to read the whole article. might get you to stop parroting outdated talking points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You left this out

At the moment, California's infrastructure is woefully unprepared for the 2035 executive order. During recent summer heatwaves, utilities have been forced to impose rolling blackouts to deal with both hot-weather demands and fire danger. At its peak draw while charging, an electric vehicle can consume as much electricity as three households. It's clear the electric grid cannot currently handle this shift to EVs, but a lot can change in 15 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad that the "at the moment" in october 2020 when this was written, we were not ready for standards to go into place by 2035

not to mention that even if those mandate stays in place, a very significant portion of vehicles on the road in 2035 will still be combustion
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-25-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad that the "at the moment" in october 2020 when this was written, we were not ready for standards to go into place by 2035

not to mention that even if those mandate stays in place, a very significant portion of vehicles on the road in 2035 will still be combustion
    BUT DID YOU KNOW IN 2011 THERE WEREN'T ENOUGH CHARGING STATIONS TO HANDLE THE NUMBER OF EVs IN 2021?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep, it's not an on-off switch, it's a transition. But if you don't set goals then it never will get moving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, it's not an on-off switch, it's a transition. But if you don't set goals then it never will get moving.
    Not sure what you two are discussing but it sounds personal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you two are discussing but it sounds personal.
    Not sure if you knew, but you can click on the "Originally posted by..." line and go back and see what we're discussing. I mean, in case you want to chime in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if you knew, but you can click on the "Originally posted by..." line and go back and see what we're discussing. I mean, in case you want to chime in.
    He can’t, fat fingers.

Thread Information