Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A sensationalist le, yes.

I'm thinking of this great article from Bruno: https://www.poundingtherock.com/2021...sity-and-chaos

This article makes me appreciate the Spurs' approach to team building more. Unfortunately, the team can't say it themselves very well, but Bruno's article does. Could these quotes be, simply, PR? Of course. But honestly, to me, it shows that they aren't really do a tank or a rebuild but choosing a separate path that no one else, in the media at least, can fathom.

Unity. Cohesion. Chaos. It's a great dialectical tension, unity and chaos. What I like best, at least in theory, is that there isn't an annoying superstar to tailor to. I say this specifically in light of the Kawhi drama, the Simmons debacle worsening each week, and more broadly, how annoying the league has become being so fixated on stars over teams.

Will we lose a ton of games? Most likely. But if the team is exciting and gets along, to me, that's a better process, then what can happen with the Process.

More specifically, I like Yak, possibly, being the head of the snake, sort of like a homeless man's Joker (without a jumpshot), at the top of the key finding a myriad of cutters and shooters.

But hey, we'll see...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A sensationalist le, yes.

I'm thinking of this great article from Bruno: https://www.poundingtherock.com/2021...sity-and-chaos

This article makes me appreciate the Spurs' approach to team building more. Unfortunately, the team can't say it themselves very well, but Bruno's article does. Could these quotes be, simply, PR? Of course. But honestly, to me, it shows that they aren't really do a tank or a rebuild but choosing a separate path that no one else, in the media at least, can fathom.

Unity. Cohesion. Chaos. It's a great dialectical tension, unity and chaos. What I like best, at least in theory, is that there isn't an annoying superstar to tailor to. I say this specifically in light of the Kawhi drama, the Simmons debacle worsening each week, and more broadly, how annoying the league has become being so fixated on stars over teams.

Will we lose a ton of games? Most likely. But if the team is exciting and gets along, to me, that's a better process, then what can happen with the Process.

More specifically, I like Yak, possibly, being the head of the snake, sort of like a homeless man's Joker (without a jumpshot), at the top of the key finding a myriad of cutters and shooters.

But hey, we'll see...
    I wouldn’t call him a homeless man’s Joker. He doesn’t have a jumper, but he does play ing ELITE defense, both at the rim, and in space. Hardly any guards take him to the hole, because they know he’s quick enough to trail them, and swat that off the glass. Joker plays almost no defense. One way player. I’ll grant you poor man’s Joker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unity. Cohesion. Chaos. It's a great dialectical tension, unity and chaos.
    Man, I never thought we'd get to Hegel (much less Marx) in these here parts . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I never thought we'd get to Hegel (much less Marx) in these here parts . . .
    Team unity/no superstar…a Marxist critique? Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t call him a homeless man’s Joker. He doesn’t have a jumper, but he does play ing ELITE defense, both at the rim, and in space. Hardly any guards take him to the hole, because they know he’s quick enough to trail them, and swat that off the glass. Joker plays almost no defense. One way player. I’ll grant you poor man’s Joker.
    I was mostly thinking of him in regards to the center passing from the top of the key, find cutters et cetera.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Chaos is a ladder"

It remains to be seen whether Spurs end up using it to climb up in standings or lotto picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl will hit DPOY conversation soon enough, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was mostly thinking of him in regards to the center passing from the top of the key, find cutters et cetera.
    I think 5 assists will become very common for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 5 assists will become very common for him.
    That would be great. Kind of deflates the question of White vs Murray as “point guard”. Yeah, if Yak can become involved in this way as a playmaker/facilitator, man, I think that’s the most attainable way to improve the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak = Point God. Oh and he dunks now.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more like Gay-os tbh

Thread Information