Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    notice same pos on that sterling team is now on sarvers team...cp3, coincidence?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True. How bad would the 2000s have sucked if he kept Joe Johnson and drafted Iguodala instead of being cheap both times?
    Whoah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe one day Mavs fans will see this happen to Mark Cuban.

Congrats Will Hunting, Jeremy, Xylus, and all other Suns fans.
    cuban should have kept tyson chandler after 2011 imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cuban should have kept tyson chandler after 2011 imho
    He didn't know what to do with the Dampier chip either, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they got hosed, but I don't care. We got hosed on 0.4. We got hosed when they fouled Barry and no call. We got hosed when Duncan got ejected for laughing from the bench. We got hosed when Nephew got taken out by ZaZa and the league did nothing about it. We got hosed in the whole Bertans/Morris debacle.

So, when we come out on the good side of things, I feel no remorse. I take it and celebrate it, cause I know that some serious BS is right around the corner.
    Nah .4 was legit

As for the foul on Barry, the Lakers got hosed on the previous possession IIRC (I could check that on Youtube but I don’t want to see that pos Fisher lol)

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah .4 was legit

As for the foul on Barry, the Lakers got hosed on the previous possession IIRC (I could check that on Youtube but I don’t want to see that pos Fisher lol)
    No, it wasn't. The clock operator (in the playoffs, they come from the NBA, not the home team) intentionally started the game clock about 0.3-0.5 seconds too late. That wasn't a particularly quick shooting motion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "foul on Brent Barry" doesn't bother me as much. It was before the shot, so it would have been 2 pressure free throws (yes, Barry was 87%, but he would have had to make both) just to force OT, and even if the Spurs had miraculously won that game in OT, the Lakers were clearly the better team that series... the Spurs were clawing and fighting but painfully and obviously inferior after the Gasol trade. The Lakers would have won that series in 6 or 7 even if the Spurs had tied it at 2-2. Spurs weren't winning in LA that year.

the main issue I have with 2008 was that the NBA should have vetoed and nixed the Gasol trade for basketball reasons... it was one-sided and rigged AF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it wasn't. The clock operator (in the playoffs, they come from the NBA, not the home team) intentionally started the game clock about 0.3-0.5 seconds too late. That wasn't a particularly quick shooting motion.
    ah ok
    Back in the days , the clock operator was someone from the home team, I guess that changed after the Salt Lake City blunder during the 1994 WCF

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The "foul on Brent Barry" doesn't bother me as much. It was before the shot, so it would have been 2 pressure free throws (yes, Barry was 87%, but he would have had to make both) just to force OT, and even if the Spurs had miraculously won that game in OT, the Lakers were clearly the better team that series... the Spurs were clawing and fighting but painfully and obviously inferior after the Gasol trade. The Lakers would have won that series in 6 or 7 even if the Spurs had tied it at 2-2. Spurs weren't winning in LA that year.

the main issue I have with 2008 was that the NBA should have vetoed and nixed the Gasol trade for basketball reasons... it was one-sided and rigged AF.
    You know what other trade was bull ?!
    KAWHI for DD and spare parts...rigged to give a Spur friend a championship...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what other trade was bull ?!
    KAWHI for DD and spare parts...rigged to give a Spur friend a championship...lol
    It was definitely lopsided af, but the Spurs didn't have much leverage. They had to get rid of either Poop or Leonard and they chose to keep Poop... wrong decision. Memphis didn't have to trade Best Gasol.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & after that Silver er swore up & down that he'd never do what he did to Sterling ever again.

Sterling was too old to fight, too close to the crypt.

Sarver is (hopefully) a fighter who will counter attack hammer & tong and take a bunch with him if he's forced out...like Bowie in the Alamo.

C'mon, Sarv, leave a score among them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & after that Silver er swore up & down that he'd never do what he did to Sterling ever again.

Sterling was too old to fight, too close to the crypt.

Sarver is (hopefully) a fighter who will counter attack hammer & tong and take a bunch with him if he's forced out...like Bowie in the Alamo.

C'mon, Sarv, leave a score among them.
    Doesn't seem what the Suns fanbase wants, cub. Are you rooting for their continued failure now?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doesn't seem what the Suns fanbase wants, cub. Are you rooting for their continued failure now?
    He won't take (a check) and let it go like Sterling.

Sarver didn't go to all that time, trouble and expense to get exactly what he wanted just to have it robbed from him. And I don't blame him. This, I said THIS is as good as it's gonna get for Sarver, and what's more? It'll never get this good again. And what's more:::he knows it. I hope he fights these s with everything he's got.

Me? They'd have to come to the house to get it at the last. & I'd be a waitin'.

This thing with Ayton is a no win event. Gives him the $ he'll tank. Doesn't give him the $ and he'll mope and back slide. Might as well keep the $.

---

Yes, until it comes down to them Vs. anybody beside the Lakers come the playoffs. Absolutely. If the Suns were to appear in the Finals again, I'd still pull for my brothers in blood to get their NBA World Championship.

They need it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He won't take (a check) and let it go like Sterling.

Sarver didn't go to all that time, trouble and expense to get exactly what he wanted just to have it robbed from him. And I don't blame him. This, I said THIS is as good as it's gonna get for Sarver, and what's more? It'll never get this good again. And what's more:::he knows it. I hope he fights these s with everything he's got.

Me? They'd have to come to the house to get it at the last. & I'd be a waitin'.

This thing with Ayton is a no win event. Gives him the $ he'll tank. Doesn't give him the $ and he'll mope and back slide. Might as well keep the $.

---

Yes, until it comes down to them Vs. anybody beside the Lakers come the playoffs. Absolutely. If the Suns were to appear in the Finals again, I'd still pull for my brothers in blood to get their NBA World Championship.

They need it.
    well Sarver deserves what he has

I got a question cub, how you feeling about the cardinals? Do you want all AZ teams to win now or just giving up on hating the suns

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    well Sarver deserves what he has

I got a question cub, how you feeling about the cardinals? Do you want all AZ teams to win now or just giving up on hating the suns
    All the regret comes from those that let Sarver in to begin with. Colangelo included and at the top of the list. Sarver got the franchise for a song and a dance and now it's priceless. He's making money hand over fist and is pocketing a good portion of those proceeds.

He's unlikable at first sight and then it just gets worse as he talks. He's squalid and unkempt. White and stuck up. The NBA has decided they don't want him there, so, they're gonna cancel him with the old::: "He touched women's woo-woo's and even though he hired a black GM he is still white and racist. Out! But we'll be fair and give him what we gave Sterling, plus interest to date."

Sarver:::"Your mother's waitin'."

---

No. I have no relationship with Card's fans. They're indians at the door as far as I'm concerned. And naturally I'm concerned. I need an injury, an "injunction"---something to turn the tide and get them away from a Super Bowl ring, far away. I have little insurance there to keep them away from it:::

Chiefs are on their ass.
    Tampa Bay is sated.
    Seattle is AWOL.
    The NFL is pulling for the Cardinals. I can feel it in my bones, like the NBA was pulling for the Suns this past Finals. Sure, they switched to the Bucks after the Bucks rang, but make nary mistake, the NBA wanted the Suns to ring there.

It's a long way though to the SP. Just have to keep praying for a miracle to intervene.

Christ, I haven't listened to talk radio since the season started because the suckers keep winning. I won't listen to that . No way. And now it's no use to listen to it should they lose a game here, a game there. This will be the long haul for me now, to the bitter end for one of us.

I need somebody to break Murray in half.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All the regret comes from those that let Sarver in to begin with. Colangelo included and at the top of the list. Sarver got the franchise for a song and a dance and now it's priceless. He's making money hand over fist and is pocketing a good portion of those proceeds.

He's unlikable at first sight and then it just gets worse as he talks. He's squalid and unkempt. White and stuck up. The NBA has decided they don't want him there, so, they're gonna cancel him with the old::: "He touched women's woo-woo's and even though he hired a black GM he is still white and racist. Out! But we'll be fair and give him what we gave Sterling, plus interest to date."

---

No. I have no relationship with Card's fans. They're indians at the door as far as I'm concerned. And naturally I'm concerned. I need an injury, an "injunction"---something to turn the tide and get them away from a Super Bowl ring, far away. I have little insurance there to keep them away from it:::

Chiefs are on their ass.
    Tampa Bay is sated.
    Seattle is AWOL.
    The NFL is pulling for the Cardinals. I can feel it in my bones, like the NBA was pulling for the Suns this past Finals. Sure, they switched to the Bucks after the Bucks rang, but make nary mistake, the NBA wanted the Suns to ring there.

It's a long way though to the SP. Just have to keep praying for a miracle to intervene.

Christ, I haven't listened to talk radio since the season started because the suckers keep winning. I won't listen to that . No way. And now it's no use to listen to it should they lose a game here, a game there. This will be the long haul for me now, to the bitter end for one of us.

...not Murray, unfortunately, but I found a toe hold...J.J. Watt's season is over.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

---

Chiefs are on their ass.
    Tampa Bay is sated.
    Seattle is AWOL.

We'll see, cub. I don't really see the cards as being nearly as good as they seem, often times a team looks much better when it doesn't matter than they do when it does.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Congrats Suns fans.
    Getting worried that this asshole who leaked the story made ESPN apprehensive about publishing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting worried that this asshole who leaked the story made ESPN apprehensive about publishing it.
    Hoping it's just being held up by Sarver begging and pleading to keep it under wraps. He's too cheap to fork over the money it'd take to bury it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn:

After the loss, Suns majority owner Robert Sarver entered the coaches locker room, Watson told ESPN.
    "You know, why does Draymond Green get to run up the court and say [N-word]," Sarver, who is white, allegedly said, repeating the N-word several times in a row.
    "You can't say that," Watson, who is Black and Hispanic, told Sarver.
    "Why?" Sarver replied. "Draymond Green says [N-word]."
    "You can't f---ing say that," Watson said again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in b4 Lebron gets asked about the whole thing

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    damn:

After the loss, Suns majority owner Robert Sarver entered the coaches locker room, Watson told ESPN.
    "You know, why does Draymond Green get to run up the court and say [N-word]," Sarver, who is white, allegedly said, repeating the N-word several times in a row.

Watson can only half say it? Using a word without directing at any specific person or group isn't racism. Any actual examples of racism in the article or just another jerk.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There's no smoking gun the way there was with Sterling so unfortunately Sarver might survive this, but my god those are some bad allegations, especially given the sheer volume of them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    damn:

that's not as funny as him wanting to hire Lindsey Hunter over Dan Majerle because the players are "n!ggers who need a n!gger" as their coach

Thread Information