Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    half way through the article and so far what a reach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a lot of this is pathetic and what I expected was going on behind the scenes, but nothing to force him out. I'm betting Sarver actually did fork over a pretty penny to cover up some .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You can't say that," Watson, who is Black and Hispanic, told Sarver.

Watson can only half say it? Using a word without directing at any specific person or group isn't racism. Any actual examples of racism in the article or just another jerk.
    Watson can say Negro
    Problem solved lol

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "These [N-words] need a [N-word]," Sarver told the staffer of his largely Black team, according to the executive.
    Sarver again cited race as the reason the team needed to hire Watson as head coach in 2016, a former Suns basketball executive said: A young Black coach could better relate to Black players, Sarver reasoned, and could "speak their language."

dude would fit right in on this forum

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm sure Sarver is a piece of and probably said a lot of worse things but I find the Draymond Green anecdote to be incredibly tame, and that's about as far as I got in the article. So if they're leading with that, this seems like a pretty weak hit piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Sarver is a piece of and probably said a lot of worse things but I find the Draymond Green anecdote to be incredibly tame, and that's about as far as I got in the article. So if they're leading with that, this seems like a pretty weak hit piece.
    There's definitely worse things than that, but there definitely isn't anything damning. Most of it is he said-she said imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao at the lynching of "white supremacists"

This whole he's a racist is hilarious... There's a fine line between being an actual racist and saying some ed I suppose. The dude pays black dudes millions to put a ball through a hoop yet he's a racist just like Sterling who once dated a black woman.

Either way, Sarver just like Sterling are both old assholes but I seriously doubt they're racists like Biden's and Hillary's mentor Byrd.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Honestly Sarver isn’t racist or sexist as much as he’s just a sociopath who likes having power over people. That’s really the takeaway from this article.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There's definitely worse things than that, but there definitely isn't anything damning. Most of it is he said-she said imo.
    It’s a death by 1,000 papercuts type thing.

imo the most damning piece of this is Sarver’s lawyers telling ESPN to talk to “these 10 people”….Uh seriously? Sarver has been an NBA owner for 17 years, and there’s only 10 people willing to vouch for him?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Honestly Sarver isn’t racist or sexist as much as he’s just a sociopath who likes having power over people. That’s really the takeaway from this article.
    I just read the article tbh a lot of the racist stuff is just reaching imo and typical butthurt from the modern day black. ( at Corliss Williamson twisting Sarver's tantrum into an "old, white plantation owner against the Southern Negro" analogy). I think the dude is just an a$$hole that people got tired of, and now they're twisting/fabricating enough of these stories in order to get him fired. Same way that in some toxic corporations, co-workers talk sh!t about previous employees now that they're gone and tell all sorts of crazy stories about them when in reality they're probably regular people

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I just read the article tbh a lot of the racist stuff is just reaching imo and typical butthurt from the modern day black. ( at Corliss Williamson twisting Sarver's tantrum into an "old, white plantation owner against the Southern Negro" analogy). I think the dude is just an a$$hole that people got tired of, and now they're twisting/fabricating enough of these stories in order to get him fired. Same way that in some toxic corporations, co-workers talk sh!t about previous employees now that they're gone and tell all sorts of crazy stories about them when in reality they're probably regular people
    Yeah the Corliss Williamson thing wasn’t a racism problem, it was a meddling owner who was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple problem.

still though, I really can’t sympathize with Sarver the way I could sympathize with say the Duke lacrosse team for how it was smeared. If Sarver ends up getting removed as owner because of muh racism it’ll be a case of untoward means being used to get to the right end.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no smoking gun the way there was with Sterling so unfortunately Sarver might survive this, but my god those are some bad allegations, especially given the sheer volume of them.
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be enough in there to force him to sell. But it's definitely going to leave an impression around the league which could hurt the Suns in the future when approaching free agents and front office candidates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not as funny as him wanting to hire Lindsey Hunter over Dan Majerle because the players are "n!ggers who need a n!gger" as their coach
    culture fit

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    half way through the article and so far what a reach
    It's so poorly written and "try hard," that it comes off as something a teenager would write. ESPN should leave the investigating to professionals. You'd think a guy with Sarver's reputation would write the article itself, but they struckout playing tee ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have worked at worse places described in the article. I was actually thinking this to be some sterling lever stuff but like stated before by other posters it’s just a piece about him being a horrible human being, typical to how spoiled privileged people behave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the one that gets me:

A recruiting pitch was set for the start of free agency. Among Sarver and others, attendees included Nash's agent Bill Duffy and 2003 Rookie of the Year Amar'e Stoudemire, both of whom are Black. Three people in the room told ESPN that, during the meeting, Sarver made a comment they felt was racially insensitive; they could not recall specifics but said they felt he too loosely used the term "Black guy" during the conversation.
    We're going to use an instance where no one can recall exactly what happened... but we're to believe that it was really bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am interested in knowing why, after all these years, when Dr. Buss is known to be some rich pervert who clearly view women as objects, that nothing like this ever came out about the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to use an instance where no one can recall exactly what happened... but we're to believe that it was really bad.
    #MeToo would like to say hi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am interested in knowing why, after all these years, when Dr. Buss is known to be some rich pervert who clearly view women as objects, that nothing like this ever came out about the Lakers.
    No social media but it was also a different time
    Different mentality, plus it was the 80s, Showtime, Magic fellating Worthy and Scott, cocaine but of ing course only Rockets and Mavs players were suspended I wonder why

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is the one that gets me:

doesn't matter....the "racism/misogynyist" card is about as unstoppable as the Kareem Sky Hook when it comes to the "getting Whitey fired" gameplan

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't matter....the "racism/misogynyist" card is about as unstoppable as the Kareem Sky Hook when it comes to the "getting Whitey fired" gameplan
    that only works when whitey don't have money. They had Sterling dead to rights, this is all hearsay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No social media but it was also a different time
    Different mentality, plus it was the 80s, Showtime, Magic fellating Worthy and Scott, cocaine but of ing course only Rockets and Mavs players were suspended I wonder why
    Exactly.

Clippers being a threat in the West? Bam, there goes Sterling.

Suns made the finals? Sarver gets heat.

Wonder why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that's happening is stories are starting to come out of the woodwork. Vince Carter said on ESPN yesterday that Sarver told his players to lay him out back in the day. That's nothing to write home about, but with all these accusations maybe someone will come forward with a haymaker.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Clippers being a threat in the West? Bam, there goes Sterling.

Suns made the finals? Sarver gets heat.

Wonder why.
    I get what youre saying but Sterling being gone is probably the best thing that has happened to the clippers. He was arguably the tiest owner in sports tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The things that happened for 15 years on Mark Cuban's watch regarding a super predator (Terdema Ussery) have been essentially swept under the rug. Mark Cuban said he knew nothing about the situation regarding his second in command (team CEO) - I can't believe that at all.

The organizational dysfunction continues based on the total makeover of the basketball senior management in the last few months. There is no way a team coached by Jason Kidd will be as well coached versus Rick Carlisle.

Cuban should have paid a much greater price - draft picks, suspension, etc. He hired a female team President and paid a small (for him) fine and everything was fine and dandy. Total crock of ****.

Thread Information