Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As casual reader I noticed Murray's grade commentary is always very similar. As in, not a good distributor, creator for the team (Not a good thinker?).
    Is it fair to assume that it is unlikely that he will develop this area of the game ? If not, does he become the weakest link of the starting line up? Particularly with a game plan that still sits in the pre "3 bombing era" of the NBA and allows teams to defend the Spurs deep, clogging the paint.
    Thanks for all those game wraps too.
    Personally I think at the end of the season he’ll have more good games than bad. He’s getting into rhythm now and luckily his right hand man has that natural ability to distribute. He wasn’t born with that or came out of college with that ability but he continues to learn and get better, he wants to be great.

DJ does so much during the course of the game that I’m okay with what he brings to the table. He is who he is and he’s a damn good overall basketball player and will continue to get better imo. He’s light years better than he was when he got drafted, he’ll figure it out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is limited as a floor general but I’ve accepted that because he brings other things. In the preseason he had a few games where he seemed to slow down, the form on his jumper looked smooth, and overall he looked more poised. That made me think he had improved. Still early, but those games may have been a blip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a particular reason why DJs shooting 10% from 3? Also as ty as that number is I’m proud that he’s up
    to 3 attempts per game but I would prefer him at about 5 a game. Get as much practice this year as he can. It can only help him going forward. Dude still passes up open 3s and I’m just like ing shoot it. Idk if he’s aware how vital a 3ball can be specifically for him. It opens up his entire game, makes his midrange more deadly, easier to get to the basket and even easier to distribute the ball. Also it would probably solve his weakness of getting to the line.

Even though White is missing a lot of his attempts, i looove that he’s at 5 a game. Just need him to be more aggressive but I don’t think he has that in him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Poeltl had the hands of Clint Capela ... really the thing lacking right now. Otherwise he plays great.

Watching Forbes is really tragic comedy right now. He looks totally lost on defense, stumbles, runs into teammates or opposing players. If he then misses he first two shots, he should be benched and not see the rest of the game.
    Tre Jones should have played his second half minutes.

Overall its just three point shooting that the Spurs just do not do good enough in today's NBA.

Thx for the grades!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades timvp! Love the subtle troll job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Poeltl had the hands of Clint Capela ... really the thing lacking right now. Otherwise he plays great.

Watching Forbes is really tragic comedy right now. He looks totally lost on defense, stumbles, runs into teammates or opposing players. If he then misses he first two shots, he should be benched and not see the rest of the game.

Overall its just three point shooting that the Spurs just do not do good enough in today's NBA.

Thx for the grades!
    Yep, too many players under-performing from 3 so far, it seems.

Dejounte .100
    Johnson .000
    Walker .263
    Forbes .111
    White .375
    Vassell .364

Eubanks hasn't attempted a single three.

The only person really shooting well is McBuckets at .556.

We could live with White and Vassell at that percentage, but we need more guys to come along for the ride. Still a small sample size, so hopefully the numbers regress to the mean quickly. I don't expect Murray or Johnson to shoot so poorly all season... , same goes for Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm starting to feel that the offense would run better under tre jones but that's not a knock on murray as whole because dj is still so effective on the defensive side, as well as on the boards. maybe dj just needs some more time to assimilate with life without derozan dominating the ball handling.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Thx for the grades!
    Every year, three point shooting seems to be a problem with this team. Maybe it's time to hire new shooting coaches?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle looks like he actually put in some work this summer happy for him. But he needs to continue to keep working on all the small stuff if he wants to be a leader on this team - Hopefully Timmy can introduce him to his old work out routines.

As far as Vassell I think he is super hungry and really wants to get better and show what he can do he is just pressing to much. Not mad at that it’s really important that he becomes more then a Danny Green 3&D type of player for us. I think him missing the G League last year really hampered his development. I still have faith that he can put it together but it’s going to take him getting consistent minutes and Pop given him the Green light for him to make the strides we want from him
    Vassell can be much more than a Danny Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell can be much more than a Danny Green
    He can be different than a Danny Green, but it would take a ton for him to be "more". There isn't a single player on the team that's close to as good as Green was. I think the mentality that guys can't just be spot-up shooters that's leading to the team's woes. You can be the shooter who gets a more diverse game, but be the shooter first. Someone on the team needs to be the Danny Green, preferably two or three of the young guys, so the other guys can actually develop to be the higher-options they have a chance to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can be different than a Danny Green, but it would take a ton for him to be "more". There isn't a single player on the team that's close to as good as Green was. I think the mentality that guys can't just be spot-up shooters that's leading to the team's woes. You can be the shooter who gets a more diverse game, but be the shooter first. Someone on the team needs to be the Danny Green, preferably two or three of the young guys, so the other guys can actually develop to be the higher-options they have a chance to be.
    I’m not worried about Vassell’s 3pts %, it will increase, I’m pretty sure of that. And we know he’s already an elite defender. But he can also show more offensive skills than Green, like dribble of creating his own shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not worried about Vassell’s 3pts %, it will increase, I’m pretty sure of that. And we know he’s already an elite defender. But he can also show more offensive skills than Green, like dribbling or creating his own shoot.
    Last edited by Rocalcio; 10-25-2021 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not worried about Vassell’s 3pts %, it will increase, I’m pretty sure of that. And we know he’s already an elite defender. But he can also show more offensive skills than Green, like dribble of creating his own shoot.
    He's not already an elite defender. He shows flashes of really good defense. That's not a knock on him, but if he can be a decade-long starter who contributes for three les on three different teams, then it would be a great career for him. Don't get me wrong -- I hope Devin gets there. But the Spurs badly need guys who can be three-and-D guys and fewer guys who can show off their flash midrange games after breaking off possessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another of DJs strengths is open court transition. Fabulous.

Spurs need to keep those ops coming. Like bring in Primo who can also trans excellently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-Point shooting and lack of attempts from 3 have been a problem for this team since 2016. Maybe it’s the coach?

Also Pop is clearly not allowing Eubanks to shoot jumpers. Y’all should know how it goes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-Point shooting and lack of attempts from 3 have been a problem for this team since 2016. Maybe it’s the coach?

Also Pop is clearly not allowing Eubanks to shoot jumpers. Y’all should know how it goes
    Rack it.
    Dead last for the previous season, currently tied for 27th out of 30.

Sniffers?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they were missing a lot of guys, but like you said were 'rested' and coming off a big loss. They could have lost this game if someone not named McBuckets could have scored a few points. DM had a good game otherwise, but was a non-factor offensively. I don't think we will do well against the top tier teams, but maybe we'll compete a bit better than I've been expecting.
    They also could have lost by more if he didn't shoot the lights out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rack it.
    Dead last for the previous season, currently tied for 27th out of 30.

Sniffers?
    Hey, I like Jim's...although I miss seeing Antonio Daniel's goofy ass smile on the menu.

Thread Information