Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? You'd be hard pressed to watch, listen or reed to any mainstream NBA related context and not have heard this ad nauseam.

Except his catch all metrics easily eclipsed Thompson's and even before they were widespread, head coaches should have known his value went far beyond the counting stats that were supressed for obvious reasons.
    Manu is far and away a better player than Klay ever will be but that doesn't make Klay overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is ing ridiculous. If you've ever examined any of the Spurs vs Warriors games, and I'm talking really examined, you'd know that Klay was the mf we should have feared. I was never afraid of Curry, Klay is the dude I was scared of. The offense and defense is designed for Curry to come off screens and be hid on defense. Klay is a LETHAL shooter(probably better without the ESPN support) and a top notch defender. That's why his body broke down. He was guarding the guys that Curry wouldn't and COULDN'T!!. And he wasn't even making every all defensive team. No Klay, Curry never wins an mvp or le(pre-durant). But, this is Klay's fault. He's the guy taking pay cuts after his rookie deals to be Curry's flunkie as he gets no credit in the media or from casual NBA fans, so he has no one to blame but himself. I don't know if he'll ever be the same because playing defense against the top players every night while having to help carry the load offensively as 1B option is a mf. Let's not forget, Curry missed a whole first round series a few years ago that the Warriors breezed through. Now, how many series has Curry won without Klay? Better yet, How many times has he been to the playoffs without Klay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's highly overrated (as most catch all metrics bare out) and overappreciated because of the media's obsession with the Warriors. They act like he's some lovable superstar, when in reality he's a complimentary fringe star who doesn't rank among the top snubs for NBA 75.

The fact that he has five All-Star selections to Ginobili's two, despite having no credible argument for being the same caliber of player, is an embarrassment.
    of course Ginobili's better, but Ginobili is better than a LOT of guys. Doesn't make Klay overrated. Ginobili is better than Ray Allen too overall, but that doesn't make Ray Ray overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, players like Pete Maravich, Lenny Wilkins, Dave DeBusschere, Earl Monroe, Dave Cowens & Hal Greer are vastly more overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    earl Monroe was doing things with a basketball in the 70s that players today can't even do. Back when the refs didn't let you put your hands under a basketball while dribbling or travel during crossovers, he was the best ball handler in the league. Unstoppable college player. There is nothing overrated about Black Jesus' game. Absolutely nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earl the Pearl Monroe was the real deal. Love his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dave Ciwnes is a hall of famer

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Steve Nash was real deal. For his size he gave the Spurs fits. He was tough as nails, didn't quit in games. I'd take him any day over some of these ing pussies of today, and Carmelo can off.

Klay isn't overrated. If you think he is just look at how the Warriors did last year. He's half of probably the best back court tandem in the history of the game.
    Most overrated MVP in league history, by far.

They change the rules and he suddenly becomes a basketball god. What a coincidence.

Agree with you on him being tougher than today's guys. He could take contact and didn't let it faze him like these mental midgets of today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dave Ciwnes is a hall of famer
    plus he won 2 les in the most compe ive decade in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash 2 MVPs
    Kobe 1 MVP

That's it and that's all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is ing ridiculous. If you've ever examined any of the Spurs vs Warriors games, and I'm talking really examined, you'd know that Klay was the mf we should have feared. I was never afraid of Curry, Klay is the dude I was scared of. The offense and defense is designed for Curry to come off screens and be hid on defense. Klay is a LETHAL shooter(probably better without the ESPN support) and a top notch defender. That's why his body broke down. He was guarding the guys that Curry wouldn't and COULDN'T!!. And he wasn't even making every all defensive team. No Klay, Curry never wins an mvp or le(pre-durant). But, this is Klay's fault. He's the guy taking pay cuts after his rookie deals to be Curry's flunkie as he gets no credit in the media or from casual NBA fans, so he has no one to blame but himself. I don't know if he'll ever be the same because playing defense against the top players every night while having to help carry the load offensively as 1B option is a mf. Let's not forget, Curry missed a whole first round series a few years ago that the Warriors breezed through. Now, how many series has Curry won without Klay? Better yet, How many times has he been to the playoffs without Klay?
    Klay is pretty much the Alpha of that team, bailed Curry out in the 2016 WCF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay is pretty much the Alpha of that team, bailed Curry out in the 2016 WCF
    but if you let ESPN(the Jordan/Lebron network) explain it to you, Curry has to do everything alone..

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    plus he won 2 les in the most compe ive decade in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's so funny? 8 teams won in the 70s. No other decade in NBA history had that many different winners. They maxed out at 22 teams(which it should have stayed at, but GREED was evident), no team won back to back and only 2 teams won more than 1 le(knicks and boston). The Bullets went to to the finals the most with 4 trips winning once. Knicks and lakers both had 3 trips. BUUUUT, that compe iveness almost ruined the NBA. people couldn't jump on a team to bandwagon and be fake fans so that's how the powerhouse Lakers and Boston were created . Just so happens that the lakers from a previous trade had Cleveland's pick in the draft that year. They won the coin toss and got Worthy. This was AFTER WINNING THE 82 LE!!!. Then in 86, through previous trades, Boston ended up with the 2nd pick in the draft, AFTER WINNING THE LE, and picked the best player in the draft, but that didn't work out for them. There is always some going on in the NBA to ensure the Lakers or Celtics aren't bad for too long. Just as many people hate the lakers as those that love them, so when you have that many people paying to see them lose or win, you find ways to keep them relevant. The same they did with GS for 5 years straight. We aint getting another Suns vs Bucks finals. that. I hope you enjoyed that cuz it aint happening again. I remember mfers complaining in 2005 when we played the Pistons and Stern made sure the next season with thet division bs, we would be playing Dallas in the 2nd round. And one of those games, those mfers shot about 20 freethrows in one quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes for him to think he is in the top 75 for his limited run band waggoning with the Warriors is a joke.

The whining about how it was only because of the injury that Toronto won in 2019, please.
    He got nearly 40 minutes in almost every game.
    The injuries to opponents, the WarriorRef, the Durant puss out all drastically take down their phony *dynasty. Toronto combined with the Lebron Cavs beating them forever puts their other *Championships in perspective.

Super good role player, shooter on a tv network team.
    klay is nothing more then overglorified brent barry with the green light to chuck

and brent has 2 rings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's so funny? 8 teams won in the 70s. No other decade in NBA history had that many different winners. They maxed out at 22 teams(which it should have stayed at, but GREED was evident), no team won back to back and only 2 teams won more than 1 le(knicks and boston). The Bullets went to to the finals the most with 4 trips winning once. Knicks and lakers both had 3 trips. BUUUUT, that compe iveness almost ruined the NBA. people couldn't jump on a team to bandwagon and be fake fans so that's how the powerhouse Lakers and Boston were created . Just so happens that the lakers from a previous trade had Cleveland's pick in the draft that year. They won the coin toss and got Worthy. This was AFTER WINNING THE 82 LE!!!. Then in 86, through previous trades, Boston ended up with the 2nd pick in the draft, AFTER WINNING THE LE, and picked the best player in the draft, but that didn't work out for them. There is always some going on in the NBA to ensure the Lakers or Celtics aren't bad for too long. Just as many people hate the lakers as those that love them, so when you have that many people paying to see them lose or win, you find ways to keep them relevant. The same they did with GS for 5 years straight. We aint getting another Suns vs Bucks finals. that. I hope you enjoyed that cuz it aint happening again. I remember mfers complaining in 2005 when we played the Pistons and Stern made sure the next season with thet division bs, we would be playing Dallas in the 2nd round. And one of those games, those mfers shot about 20 freethrows in one quarter
    Last years Finals had a 70s Finals vibe tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Avery had that team being aggressive and penetrating; unlike past Dallas teams. Only 1 or 2 questionable calls and they were on Dallas HC. You guys got questionable calls for 20 years in the barn with Pop intimidating the refs.

But carry on with the topic
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 10-26-2021 at 09:19 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Overrated by whom? I think most realize and acknowledge he’s an excellent complementary player. Among the best in that regard. Great two-way player. But also not the type of talent you build your entire team around expecting championships. He could be a #1. But a team with him as a #1 likely has a ceiling less than championship aspirations. He didn’t make the 75 team and there are players that did that are arguably worse. So how would he be “most” overrated and by whom?

Now is he one of the most overrated by himself and his teammates? Yeah, sure, maybe. I don’t think he belonged on the 75 list. Not more than some of the other names left off, including Vince and Manu and T-Mac and Bernard King. But if he and his teammates really believe he’s the next one in line, then yeah. Pretty overrated by them.

Then again, I question several selections like Dame and Melo, Reggie and Scottie and Dominique, heck, Dave Bing, Bob Cousy. I can find flaws and arguments to exclude all those guys. Nique ain’t do but look sweet dunking the ball and statpad points just like Dame. Reggie could shoot the ball as well as anyone in history but was not above average in any other aspect of the game. Probably made it because he played until he was 50 and he had those e Lee moments against the Knicks. Cousy never shot over 40% from the field in an era where there were no threes. And I know some revere Pippen, sometimes essentially to discredit Jordan, but have him get drafted by Seattle and he would have been Derrick McKey.

The 75 team is just dumb in general. It’s a gratuitous, self-fellating, look at me exercise the league should have just decided against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    klay is nothing more then overglorified brent barry with the green light to chuck

and brent has 2 rings
    Erin has more.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is not even in the top 100. Give him a team where he's the alpha and that team won make the playoffs ever. He's just a smaller Kevin Love.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's basically a glorified Dennis Scott tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Nash is. 2 MVPs for a white midget because he could dribble and pass well, but got blown by even the end of bench plumbers on defense every time he was on the floor.
    So?

Does Phoenix go as far as they go those years without Nash? No. Not at all.

Nash was certainly the most valuable player to his team in 05 and 06. The closest candidate is '06 Kobe and that's just a myth. Dude was west coast Iverson that season, at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated by whom? I think most realize and acknowledge he’s an excellent complementary player. Among the best in that regard. Great two-way player. But also not the type of talent you build your entire team around expecting championships. He could be a #1. But a team with him as a #1 likely has a ceiling less than championship aspirations. He didn’t make the 75 team and there are players that did that are arguably worse. So how would he be “most” overrated and by whom?

Now is he one of the most overrated by himself and his teammates? Yeah, sure, maybe. I don’t think he belonged on the 75 list. Not more than some of the other names left off, including Vince and Manu and T-Mac and Bernard King. But if he and his teammates really believe he’s the next one in line, then yeah. Pretty overrated by them.

Then again, I question several selections like Dame and Melo, Reggie and Scottie and Dominique, heck, Dave Bing, Bob Cousy. I can find flaws and arguments to exclude all those guys. Nique ain’t do but look sweet dunking the ball and statpad points just like Dame. Reggie could shoot the ball as well as anyone in history but was not above average in any other aspect of the game. Probably made it because he played until he was 50 and he had those e Lee moments against the Knicks. Cousy never shot over 40% from the field in an era where there were no threes. And I know some revere Pippen, sometimes essentially to discredit Jordan, but have him get drafted by Seattle and he would have been Derrick McKey.

The 75 team is just dumb in general. It’s a gratuitous, self-fellating, look at me exercise the league should have just decided against.
    You'd leave Pippen off? Really? Pippen is a top 40 player at worst. One of the best defensive players in league history, one of the original point forwards. I just can't see leaving him off.

Nique and King are of the same ilk, stat pad extraordinaire, but their talent is unquestioned. Nique actually did decently well with the roster he had. They beat an up and coming Pistons team in 86 but then lost to one of the best teams of all time vs. the celtics in the next round. You can't blame him for the stupid front office signing Jon Koncak to a gigantic contract that hampered them for years. The Hawks teams weren't bad, but they were no where close the talents of the Celtics and the bad boys. They were supposed to lose.

Agreed on Miller though, I never really understood why he was so well regarded. He was a great shooter, but averaged around 18 to 21 most of his career. Ray Allen was a much better player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course Ginobili's better, but Ginobili is better than a LOT of guys. Doesn't make Klay overrated. Ginobili is better than Ray Allen too overall, but that doesn't make Ray Ray overrated.
    It was just an example. If you follow enough of the mainstream discourse in the NBA, you know Thompson is overrated.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    It was just an example. If you follow enough of the mainstream discourse in the NBA, you know Thompson is overrated.
    exaggeration

Thread Information