Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    re the bolded: straw

i think what number cons utes a wasted season is somewhat arbitrary. its also not what i was arguing, so trying to pin me to a number is silly.
    It's whatever you won't say it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's whatever you won't say it is.
    i'm sorry that i never argued the strawman you keep trying to hold me to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm sorry that i never argued the strawman you tried to hold me to
    It's a logical conclusion to arrive at since the season is x% wasted (also whatever you want that to be).

I'll take the under on 20 Austin games for Primo this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a logical conclusion to arrive at since the season is x% wasted.

I'll take the under on 20 Austin games for Primo this season.
    no. me saying that they've been wasting time with him so far this season cannot possibly lead to any of these "logical conclusion" bangers you've already left us
    You think Primo will never play for the NBA Spurs again this season?
    So it's already too late?
    and now you keep getting hung up on "at what point does the season become lost"

frankly, i dont care "at what point" that is. i just think minimizing the time wasted would be a good thing. we've already wasted some. i've complained about that. i hope we wont waste more going forward. any time wasted as bad. at what point it becomes "so bad" that it becomes characterized as a "lost season" is not something i particularly care about

i now expect you to continue to push me on when it counts as a lost season, for some reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    frankly, i dont care

We'll see how he plays tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feel like im arguing with TSA tbh. just bad faith all around. constant straw then declaring victory when i dont engage with your strawman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. me saying that they've been wasting time with him so far this season cannot possibly lead to any of these "logical conclusion" bangers you've already left us

and now you keep getting hung up on "at what point does the season become lost"

frankly, i dont care "at what point" that is. i just think minimizing the time wasted would be a good thing. we've already wasted some. i've complained about that. i hope we wont waste more going forward. any time wasted as bad. at what point it becomes "so bad" that it becomes characterized as a "lost season" is not something i particularly care about

i now expect you to continue to push me on when it counts as a lost season, for some reason
    Lol You're trying to have a conversation with a dudette who simply loves to circle back constantly like psucki does in the WH. Dumpster is worthless and any back & forth with him is futile especially when it comes to politics let alone basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray began his career in the g-league, many people wanted him gone...Yet he's now averaging, 18/8/8. He's playing like a Mini Westbrook,And hif he average's 18/8/8 throughout the season, with his solid defense, he's in the All-star Tier to me. But, it all started from the G-league!

White, is averaging 14/3/6 with a really high Efg% . IF he maintains this output, he's has already provided more value from thr 29th spot than most guys that were drafted ahead of him. He also started in the G-league

Keldon Johnson; is one 3 point shot away from taking that next step. He 22 and has about 2 more years before raching his peak. He also started in the G-league

Lonnie Walker, the guy everyone loved, but now hates.... started in the g-league and has shown improvement through his time. He's also only 22 with an extremely high upside, and the growth I've seen from his 1 year to now, he's heading the right way

Kyle Anderson, also started his devel;opment in the G-league, and now he is a solid defensive-minded starter

Corey Jospeh.. Save thing as Anderson, had solid years coming off the bench.

The only guys from the past few draftys that fell off, and not do to injuries, has been Luka and it wasn't about the talent or Development, it was more about the drive with him.

In short, All I'm saying is that the Spurs know better at developeing talent than other might think...which people will probably ignore. Murray probably does developed into this type of player, with how raw he was coming up. Lonnie's bad habits were on full display his first 2 years, something that peeple choice to ignore, now those bad habits have been limited. Its not about one years, it about the overall growth, In phase of a player!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Bryn Forbes started in the Spurs G League too.

Your post is excellent reminding us of how many of the current core was in G.

Just makes 0% logical basketball intelligence why Grandpa would alter their development by adding -neigh going out and seeking as a free agent- Bryn Bryn to the mix.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 11-04-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont know where the line is tbh

i think every game that has passed by is a wasted opportunity. depends how much wasted opportunity one is ok with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind Primo in the G-League as much. He's not even nineteen and his timeline is years. What I don't get is Landale not playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind Primo in the G-League as much. He's not even nineteen and his timeline is years. What I don't get is Landale not playing.
    we said that about samanic too. primo looked up for it based on how he played in summer league and preseason.

id rather him get good minutes i gleague than rot on the bench like he's doing now. but until the gleague starts, why not give him some minutes with the big boys? if he showed well enough, maybe he could just stay with SA. but alas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you happen to know where one would be able to watch the game?
    I usually watch them on ESPN+ or stream, i'll let you know tomorrow night if I get a good stream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we said that about samanic too. primo looked up for it based on how he played in summer league and preseason.

id rather him get good minutes i gleague than rot on the bench like he's doing now. but until the gleague starts, why not give him some minutes with the big boys? if he showed well enough, maybe he could just stay with SA. but alas
    I don't know. Clearly the Spurs need some scoring and Primo seems to be able to do that. Landale should also help. My wife walked past Popovich in a Manhattan restaurant years ago and I said she should have told him to play Splitter more. When he finally played Splitter, he was a nice player. No telling what goes on with Pop sometimes.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you take an 18 year old in the lottery, his timeline is not years. This isn’t 1992. There are teenagers on every roster, and they get playing time.

Playing against second tier players in a second tier league is a great idea for acclimating role players to professional basketball. The Spurs need to develop a star. Hopefully he is capable of being that star. And if Primo isn’t one, they better tank like to get one. Under either approach, sending primo to the g league is dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you take an 18 year old in the lottery, his timeline is not years. This isn’t 1992. There are teenagers on every roster, and they get playing time.

Playing against second tier players in a second tier league is a great idea for acclimating role players to professional basketball. The Spurs need to develop a star. Hopefully he is capable of being that star. And if Primo isn’t one, they better tank like to get one. Under either approach, sending primo to the g league is dumb
    His timeline is years. In seven years he's going to only be 25. The team seems to think getting him ready slowly is the right path to take. If he was 22, it'd be a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray began his career in the g-league, many people wanted him gone...Yet he's now averaging, 18/8/8. He's playing like a Mini Westbrook,And hif he average's 18/8/8 throughout the season, with his solid defense, he's in the All-star Tier to me. But, it all started from the G-league!

White, is averaging 14/3/6 with a really high Efg% . IF he maintains this output, he's has already provided more value from thr 29th spot than most guys that were drafted ahead of him. He also started in the G-league

Keldon Johnson; is one 3 point shot away from taking that next step. He 22 and has about 2 more years before raching his peak. He also started in the G-league

Lonnie Walker, the guy everyone loved, but now hates.... started in the g-league and has shown improvement through his time. He's also only 22 with an extremely high upside, and the growth I've seen from his 1 year to now, he's heading the right way

Kyle Anderson, also started his devel;opment in the G-league, and now he is a solid defensive-minded starter

Corey Jospeh.. Save thing as Anderson, had solid years coming off the bench.

The only guys from the past few draftys that fell off, and not do to injuries, has been Luka and it wasn't about the talent or Development, it was more about the drive with him.

In short, All I'm saying is that the Spurs know better at developeing talent than other might think...which people will probably ignore. Murray probably does developed into this type of player, with how raw he was coming up. Lonnie's bad habits were on full display his first 2 years, something that peeple choice to ignore, now those bad habits have been limited. Its not about one years, it about the overall growth, In phase of a player!
    None of those players were lottery picks and were all raw as coming out of college besides Derrick but he was already 23 years old. From what I’ve seen so far in Summer League and Preseason this kid is already light years ahead of the others you named in terms of development when they first got to the NBA. I’m still trying to figure out a glaring weakness in Primos game. Tighten up his handles maybe? But no standout weakness like the players mentioned above when they came out of college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually watch them on ESPN+ or stream, i'll let you know tomorrow night if I get a good stream.
    much appreciated.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the wolves summer league game so i think g-league would benefit him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is better than Forbes
    His teammates need help and he could help
    Just defending and rebounding and shooting just as well as Bryn and maybe even doing some secondary playmaking

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One star is not enough to compete for a championship. If Primo IS a star, then definitely let him develop in the g league and not add wins to the Spurs total this year. That way, we'd have Primo, next year's lottery pick, and hopefully someone on the current team rises into s om as well. THAT would bring us into championship contention.

After the draft, I believe it was Wright who said they saw Primo as a top '22 draft pick. That leads me to believe this is the route they are taking.

As much as I would like to see Primo win rookie of the year and get minutes with the big team, there are too many unknowns with our current squad. The minutes need to go to who we already have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray began his career in the g-league, ...

When the team still had Parker, Manu, Kawhi, and Danny Green, among others, and a record that year of 61-21.

They had no significant minutes for Murray while they were competing for the le.

Times change.

White, ...
    The team still had Manu, Parker, Green, Mills, etc.

Times change.

Keldon Johnson ...
    Is not doing so well at the moment. A bad example for your argument.

Lonnie Walker...
    Is still frustratingly erratic. His G league time doesn't seem to have helped him at all to become a more consistent and better player at the NBA level.

Kyle Anderson...
    That team had Duncan, Manu, Parker, Diaw, etc.

Times change.

Corey Jospeh...
    Duncan, Parker, Manu, etc and a compe ive 50 win team.

Times change.

You're just throwing around names with no context.

None of those examples justifies Primo not getting significant floor time on this non compe ive team.

But should Primo get G league time? Sure. It'll give him a chance to play more basketball. Especially, it'll give him experience with different coaches, including a different head coach.

However, at the same time he should be getting some significant run with S. A. What's the worry - that he'll make some dumb rookie mistakes, which could cost the team a game or two, and they'll lose the #1 seed in the West? I don't think we need to worry about that this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the team still had Parker, Manu, Kawhi, and Danny Green, among others, and a record that year of 61-21.

They had no significant minutes for Murray while they were competing for the le.

Times change.

The team still had Manu, Parker, Green, Mills, etc.

Times change.

Is not doing so well at the moment. A bad example for your argument.

Is still frustratingly erratic. His G league time doesn't seem to have helped him at all to become a more consistent and better player at the NBA level.

That team had Duncan, Manu, Parker, Diaw, etc.

Times change.

Duncan, Parker, Manu, etc and a compe ive 50 win team.

Times change.

You're just throwing around names with no context.

None of those examples justifies Primo not getting significant floor time on this non compe ive team.

But should Primo get G league time? Sure. It'll give him a chance to play more basketball. Especially, it'll give him experience with different coaches, including a different head coach.

However, at the same time he should be getting some significant run with S. A. What's the worry - that he'll make some dumb rookie mistakes, which could cost the team a game or two, and they'll lose the #1 seed in the West? I don't think we need to worry about that this season.
    You said it so perfectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feel like im arguing with TSA tbh. just bad faith all around. constant straw then declaring victory when i dont engage with your strawman.
    I declared no victory. You didn't want to discuss much of anything beyond your general discontent. There's no way to even argue anything at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the Spurs and Austin play at the same time today smh.

Thread Information