My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More. Corona out breaks?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    measurements show more than college play how they will work out in the NBA?

Thanks for confirming you don’t know what you’re talking about

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for confirming you don’t know what you’re talking about
    It's your claim. Help everyone understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will he do anything other then drive back n forth from Austin to San Antone?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie may need some more minutes in real game situations to learn the Spurs offensive and defensive systems and play calls. That information is especially crucial for a rookie going into real game situations since they also have to handle the moves the opposition makes on defense and offense. Until the system and plays become second nature and he doesn't have to think about them, he will not be able to understand the motion of the game to the fullest extent of his capabilities. He has shown a lot of ability to use his limited knowledge for a rookie under the stress of being thrown in against veterans, but think how much better he will be when the nervousness and uncertainty is gone.
    You may be right -

but it could work exactly the opposite;

you draft a kid who is a player - and he has done it all his life...
    he shows you in his first opportunities that he has something

so you throw him into the fire and let him make mistakes over and over and over

by mid season those mistakes are almost a distant memory

come playoff time you arrive to the playoffs (or in the spurs case - just to the end of the season)
    with a bonafide rising star

i think the second one is more likely than the first and if lonnie had been thrown into the fire immediately -
    he appears to make the case that he would have already flamed out last season and the spurs could have gotten something in return for him

primo needs to just be played consistently this season and see where it goes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lead by 17 at halftime. Was 20 before Derek White did some mega re ed time management.

What is the over / under on Coach Short Bus giving Primo any run?

Bryn Bryn with 7 minutes so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Pops the kinda person to draft Luka #1 then put him in the g league his first year so he can get over himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senor Senile gives him the last 3 minutes of a blowout.

Meanwhile budding star and centerpiece Bryn Forms gets 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senor Senile gives him the last 3 minutes of a blowout.

Meanwhile budding star and centerpiece Bryn Forms gets 13.
    I don’t even like Forbes, but recognize, grudgingly, that he dropped 15 points in those 13 minutes. Pop keeps him on a tight leash, and if he’s not hitting, he’s sitting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mul roll is like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know to the plot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have no problem with the bench not being brought into the last few minutes of the game considering the spurs recent history of losing big leads quickly. it wasn't until the spurs were still up by 20 with less than five minutes left that i felt comfortable with the starters being taken out. both squads cleared their benches at around the same mark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even like Forbes, but recognize, grudgingly, that he dropped 15 points in those 13 minutes. Pop keeps him on a tight leash, and if he’s not hitting, he’s sitting.
    True he dropped 15 in 13 last night, mostly with the Spurs up at least 15 points. Your point?

No he's not kept on a "tight leash" when many games he deserves 60 seconds or less.
    What is the point of playing him in the development picture?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True he dropped 15 in 13 last night, mostly with the Spurs up at least 15 points. Your point?

No he's not kept on a "tight leash" when many games he deserves 60 seconds or less.
    What is the point of playing him in the development picture?
    Up 15 is the only time it’s safe to play him, and on bad nights, he plays 3 minutes. You have to give him a few shot attempts. He’s not part of the development picture, but then, neither is Thad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up 15 is the only time it’s safe to play him, and on bad nights, he plays 3 minutes. You have to give him a few shot attempts. He’s not part of the development picture, but then, neither is Thad.
    Wrong. He's been given 10+ minutes 7 f-ing games this season already.
    He was pulled ONCE after sucking 3 minutes.
    If he is not part of the development picture why is he on the team?

To the threads point, why is he being given minutes over Primo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn struggled in the first four games. In game 4, when he went 0-2, Pop benched him. Since then, he’s gone 23/43 from the field, including 13/22 from 3. Why is he playing? Now you’re just being dense. WE NEED ING THREE POINT SHOOTING. Spurs are now 29 in 3 pointers and attempts, and middle of the pack 13th in %. Hate on him all you want, but Forbes is 8th in 3G% among active players.

Why is Thaddeus playing?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn struggled in the first four games. In game 4, when he went 0-2, Pop benched him. Since then, he’s gone 23/43 from the field, including 13/22 from 3. Why is he playing? Now you’re just being dense. WE NEED ING THREE POINT SHOOTING. Spurs are now 29 in 3 pointers and attempts, and middle of the pack 13th in %. Hate on him all you want, but Forbes is 8th in 3G% among active players.

Why is Thaddeus playing?
    I'm glad you brought up Forbes's 3PT%. He's up to last season's 45.2%, but I don't expect him to stay there given that he's 41.1% for his career and the Spurs don't have nearly the gravity the Bucks did.

He's still the worst on the team in WS/48 (too early to read too much into that stat though) and is awful on defense. But I guess it's good for the young players to learn how to pass to a legitimately good shooter.

Thaddeus has played 22+ minutes the last 4 games, coinciding with Poeltl being out. No coincidence there, I'm sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow so Pop may develop Forbes into Matt Bonner.
    You are soo smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up 15 is the only time it’s safe to play him,
    Wow that makes Forbes soo useful.
    Primo shot 38% on treys at Alabama.

And make sure you continue to skirt this Q.
    To the threads point, why is he being given minutes over Primo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm just waiting for someone to win.
    That's what this is about, right? To win?
    Someone's gonna win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

but primo hasn't been called the rich mans Curry, like forbes has. Forbes is elite at what he does, and at everything else. primo can have a bunch of skills, that's why he was picked. That's why he's at the g leeg, so he's better than forbes. Yes, you could put him in the forbes spot, but why?

Also do people know about the rookie wall? remember vassel last year running out of gas? what would you prefer, having primo gas out in the first half, or do g leeg, and finish the season with the main team?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Will he do anything other then drive back n forth from Austin to San Antone?
    He mentioned in an interview that Wieskamp has been driving him around SA since he doesn't have a license

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He mentioned in an interview that Wieskamp has been driving him around SA since he doesn't have a license
    I think he can get a learners permit when he turns 15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but primo hasn't been called the rich mans Curry, like forbes has. Forbes is elite at what he does, and at everything else. primo can have a bunch of skills, that's why he was picked. That's why he's at the g leeg, so he's better than forbes. Yes, you could put him in the forbes spot, but why?

Also do people know about the rookie wall? remember vassel last year running out of gas? what would you prefer, having primo gas out in the first half, or do g leeg, and finish the season with the main team?
    The rich mans Curry?
    "he's at the g leeg, so he's better then forbes."

I'm fine with limiting the total # of games / total minutes Primo Suave plays. Remember DJ Murray blowing out his knee.
    Perhaps Primo Suave not getting into an immediate 82 games large minutes is a good thing in the long run.

But to sit him on the bench while trotting out Bryn Bryn on a regular basis is Pop and his super low BBIQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wieskamp already getting that backup career ready in case needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up 15 is the only time it’s safe to play him, and on bad nights, he plays 3 minutes.
    4 turnovers almost immediately shortly after both times he entered the game. With no scoring.

Lets hear your 3 minutes bad and out spin on tonight Dallas game.

Mul roll is like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know to the plot.

You OTOH just stay STFU'd.

Thread Information