Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody is only avg 6 mins a game and Kuminga spent an entire year in the G league. When the Spurs drafted Primo everyone knew he was going to spend a lot of time in the G league due to his position and being the youngest player in the draft.
    Kuminga skiipped college and went to Gleague with Jalen Green to showcase their talent for the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is most impressive is that Primo shows improvement on his obvious weaknesses quickly. It’s almost as if he watches tape of himself and identifies right away what he needs to do to get better.
    After last game he played he was in an interview saying he had to apologize to the team for not being focused in the 1st half. Could not tell if he apologized because he genuinely wanted to or if it was one of those coaching things where he was basically humiliated and forced to...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about if Popped and Bryn are sent to GLeague and Primo and his coach are brought up to the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three games into the season, a gleague team paid Primo some attention, got physical, and limited him to 10 points and 3 assists.

A gleague team did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three games into the season, a gleague team paid Primo some attention, got physical, and limited him to 10 points and 3 assists.

A gleague team did that.
    I'm guessing you didn't watch the full game? Every point he scored was impressive as and shot 5-11, wasn't like he shot 5-22 and he also had his best defensive game i've ever seen him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing you didn't watch the full game? Every point he scored was impressive as and shot 5-11, wasn't like he shot 5-22 and he also had his best defensive game i've ever seen him play.
    The defense was nice, but no matter how nice the shots were, it was 10 points. A gleague team game planned him, and it worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defense was nice, but no matter how nice the shots were, it was 10 points. A gleague team game planned him, and it worked.
    Did you watch the game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For non Sniffers, Primo had some excellent steals / deflections and assists.
    "But but but he only scored 10 points"

Ya so what. Had a very good all around game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A gleague team did that.
    I think Primo was focusing more on the defense side. He said after game that he would like to get better in that end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t been able to keep up with Austin team, but any early analysis on how he’s doing over there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to good today so far............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one can convince me that Primo being in the G league is beneficial for his development. Never mind the compe ion he is playing but what means more to me imo is his teammates he's playing with...they all SUCK. Imagine being on the court with players that know how to set screens, know how to get open, or know how to share the ball and not just play for themselves because that's what 90% of these guys are doing, playing for themselves so they can get a contract and what not.

Primo would be flourishing and growing playing with DJ, Derrick and them. He's not growing nor learning playing with a bunch of guys that will never make the NBA and are just looking out for themselves. The G league is awful I can barley watch this lmao

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one can convince me that Primo being in the G league is beneficial for his development. Never mind the compe ion he is playing but what means more to me imo is his teammates he's playing with...they all SUCK. Imagine being on the court with players that know how to set screens, know how to get open, or know how to share the ball and not just play for themselves because that's what 90% of these guys are doing, playing for themselves so they can get a contract and what not.

Primo would be flourishing and growing playing with DJ, Derrick and them. He's not growing nor learning playing with a bunch of guys that will never make the NBA and are just looking out for themselves. The G league is awful I can barley watch this lmao
    The G league is only good for developing future role players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the point. He shot a decent percentage from the field, and by no means would be expected to be the main focus of the offense were he with the Spurs. He would be a bench and complimentary player. This isn't hard for other teams to manage this for their recent high draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust the pop process

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the point. He shot a decent percentage from the field, and by no means would be expected to be the main focus of the offense were he with the Spurs. He would be a bench and complimentary player. This isn't hard for other teams to manage this for their recent high draft picks.
    Not so sure. On this team he was looking like our first or second best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes there is always that chance that he's a bust but the fact is The Spurs chose him as their lottery pick and so they should be treating him as one. Primo won't even be up for rookie of the year discussions because of this nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes there is always that chance that he's a bust but the fact is The Spurs chose him as their lottery pick and so they should be treating him as one. Primo won't even be up for rookie of the year discussions because of this nonsense.
    It’s funny that you think any Spurs player has a shot at a league wide award now. Primo could start, drop 20/5/5 and not finish in the top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noticed that no one bumped this for the game last night. 12 points, 3-9 shooting 0 assists, 5 TOs.

Yeah, he’s ready…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noticed that no one bumped this for the game last night. 12 points, 3-9 shooting 0 assists, 5 TOs.

Yeah, he’s ready…
    Baby Kobe our saviour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if the goal is to have Primo be a tall PG or an important secondary ball handler in the future, it's important to note that he currently has more turnovers than assists through 4 G-League games-- a poor assist-to-turnover ratio is an issue that also plagued him in college and in the summer league.. those mocking the idea that he's in "dribbling school" at this point should at least concede that it is in fact an issue.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 11-25-2021 at 01:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have to be "ready". I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Like most players, he can improve as he plays and take big leaps in the off-season. The Spurs simply don't have the developmental track record people think they to assume they have the only viable way of building guys up. You can argue that yhey aren't even league-average anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if the goal is to have Primo be a tall PG or an important secondary ball handler in the future, it's important to note that he currently has more turnovers than assists through 4 G-League games-- a poor assist-to-turnover ratio is an issue that also plagued him in college and in the summer league.. those mocking the idea that he's in "dribbling school" at this point should concede that it is in fact an issue.
    He can learn to dribble during the summer like most other players who have to work on it. If anything, his performance is suggesting he needs fundamental instruction rather than reps.

For what it's worth, the little I saw of Josh suggested his turnovers are awareness/IQ related rather than dribbling.
    Last edited by Chinook; 11-25-2021 at 01:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bartelstein is the guy who got Zach Collins his joke deal, McDermott's nonsense, and DEMARRE CARROLL his bomb
    I could be wrong, because its been a while, but I think he also got Davis Bertans an 80 million bomb of a deal… as much as I liked his 3 pt shooting that was definitely too high. (Side story, Spurs should have sold high on him in retrospect, but they had him buried behind Bryn and Belli when it came to 3 pt shooting prospects at the time).

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have to be "ready". I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Like most players, he can improve as he plays and take big leaps in the off-season. The Spurs simply don't have the developmental track record people think they to assume they have the only viable way of building guys up. You can argue that yhey aren't even league-average anymore.
    Spurs definitely have to clean house on their coaching staff. They're light years behind other teams, especially when it comes to three point shooting.

Thread Information