Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the way I want to? In the NBA rather than the g league? If that’s the case, there are a ton of examples of teams playing their lottery picks in the nba. No need to cherry pick the most dysfunctional franchise in the league.

Like I’ve said before, the g league is good for developing role players. The Spurs don’t need role players. They need stars. Star players don’t become stars by playing in the g league.
    Exactly!! The G-league is becoming overate nowadays. We had so many great players from the old days and they never went to a ing G-league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank god he only played a few minutes while forbes the bed for half the game. primo was about 3 seconds of playtime away from spontaneously combusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank god he only played a few minutes while forbes the bed for half the game. primo was about 3 seconds of playtime away from spontaneously combusting

Tonight's game really showed the true reason Primo's better off in Austin. Pop simply won't play him, much less give him any sort of spotlight. I sure wonder what Becky's philosophy on young players' PT is, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC can’t even tank right. Giddey is showing no improvement in any of his areas of weakness. His FG% is 40, his 3G% is 28, and his FT% is 67.

Sactramento has developed players the way you want the Spurs to for over a decade. Almost all of them have been failures with two exceptions, both of which were top 5 picks from KY, Boogie and Fox. Tyreke Evans averaged 20/5/5 and was ROY. He was traded at the end of his rookie contract, bounced around, and was out of the league after year 10, at the age of 29.

His total win shares were 28.4 and his BPM was 0.8. He’s the best case Sacto failure.

Late first round pick WSs who didn’t make a career with SA.

Kyle Anderson pick #30 24.1 WS
    Cory Joseph pick #29 26.7 WS
    George Hill pick #26 67.9 WS
    Splitter pick #28 25.3 WS
    Wait .... so Jimmer Fredette and Thomas Robinson failed in the NBA because they didn't get developed in the g-league, as opposed to just being mis-evaluated and poor draft picks?

Well .... how do you explain Giorgios Papagiannis and Skal Labissiere, who did play and 'develop' in the g-league just like you like?

Maybe ... the Kings have been trash at drafting.

I don't get the hate on Evans. His career was derailed by injuries (at one point 3 knee surgeries in 9 months plus a blood clot in his calf) and finally suspension. Was he the most efficient guard of all time? No. Would playing in the g-league have made a difference? Naahh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill is an interesting example.

Guess how many career minutes in the g-league he has?

FG%, TS%, EFG%, WS/48 all were his career worst in his rookie year.

How did he ever improve without EVER playing one single second in the g-league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hey, he was Pops favourite player ... and I doubt we had so many options at his position when he was playing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait .... so Jimmer Fredette and Thomas Robinson failed in the NBA because they didn't get developed in the g-league, as opposed to just being mis-evaluated and poor draft picks?

Well .... how do you explain Giorgios Papagiannis and Skal Labissiere, who did play and 'develop' in the g-league just like you like?

Maybe ... the Kings have been trash at drafting.

I don't get the hate on Evans. His career was derailed by injuries (at one point 3 knee surgeries in 9 months plus a blood clot in his calf) and finally suspension. Was he the most efficient guard of all time? No. Would playing in the g-league have made a difference? Naahh.
    Evans
    Bagley
    Cauley-Stein
    Stauskas
    McLemore

None of these guys would have benefited from some gleague time? A string of top 10 picks busting like a string of firecrackers…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he plays for the big club ( craps the bed ), the haters will complain . Let’s leave this to the professionals boys and girls! He’s 18...... no rush. He’ll get minutes when he earns them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he plays for the big club ( craps the bed ), the haters will complain . Let’s leave this to the professionals boys and girls! He’s 18...... no rush. He’ll get minutes when he earns them.
    He has to play to earn them... I'll keep saying this... Giannis was drafted later than Primo and said he didn't want to play in the g-league because he won't develop as fast... His coach listened to him and now he is an MVP and champion... Top 5 player in the league... He would have wasted his career if he was drafted under this current Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

George hill had 4 years of D1 ball, and was 22 YO when drafted. You’ll notice that Tre Jones, who was 20, and played two years and over 2200 minutes at Duke, plays regularly. He did a quick stint in the Gubble last year, but is currently playing
    rotation minutes.

Primo played less than 700 minutes at AL, and was legit their 4th option. If you’re still having trouble understanding, think of it as a second college season that he’s being handsomely paid for, and we line jumped everyone in next years draft top 5 to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some good discussion here folks. I come down overwhelmingly on the play him now side, but exstatic is doing a fine job pushing back.

This is why I like ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo should get every minute Forbes plays
    Forbes should be cut

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he needs PT in both leagues. G-league to learn to dominate a game and NBA to get used to going up against the big boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we honestly want Forbes as a mentor for Primo?
    It can't be healthy Pop telling this kid to sit, listen, and watch what Forbes does to get NBA minutes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we honestly want Forbes as a mentor for Primo?
    It can't be healthy Pop telling this kid to sit, listen, and watch what Forbes does to get NBA minutes...
    Rack it Xs 500.

Just as the core watching Forbes, LMA, Patty and Pop's other pets vs developing did NO good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo should get every minute Forbes plays
    Forbes should be cut
    I actually like Forbes alot but this is true. Forbes isn't paying good basketball an cant play Defense. He can't create his own shot either. I'd love to see Tre Jones an Primo come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow, guys who didn't play a second of college ball were able to come into the league and develop without the d-league even existing. Stop being lazy. The list of guys who develop who don't play substantial d-league time is way longer than the one for guys who do. I like the d-league and the opportunity it allows hundreds of players. But there's no good evidence that it's better than the NBA at developing players. I don't want to just copy-paste I said early in the thread, but suffice to say nothing's happened so far that changed anything. Josh will eventually learn to dominate the league consistently, just like literally any other player on the Spurs could do except maybe Wieskamp.

A lot of his technique with probably look better too against non-NBA compe ion. We already know this. But what is likely to happen is that he comes up to the league looking the same as he did before. More than many sports, the NBA is a league of margins, and playing against scrubs will make Primo look way more advanced than he is. The reality is that improving skills is something that will probably take years of growth and off-season coaching. It's not obvious that getting a crash course in "superstar 101" is better than getting a year of playing a bit role every night. As stated before, it's a pure fabrication that Primo can't get a solid MPG role with the team right away. Pop can just will that such, and it'd be. Do we "all know Pop will play Bryn over Primo"? Yes of course. But we also know that's dumb as , so why are we using that flawed policy as the logical justification for sending Primo to Austin? As a coach of a bad team with few legit prospects, Pop should be able to give Primo good developmental minutes. That he won't is a flaw with him, not with those who want Josh to stay in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How boring must your Spurs experience be to believe that everything that happens is the best it could happen? "Professionals" disagree and make mistakes. We don't have to just defer to them all the time. That's idolatry, not fandom.

It's all part of Pop's plan.

As I said, powerful sniffery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like Forbes alot but this is true. Forbes isn't paying good basketball an cant play Defense. He can't create his own shot either. I'd love to see Tre Jones an Primo come off the bench.
    Exactly.
    This need not be a "Forbes or Primo" only call.

Sniffers: But but but, they play the same position therefore can only be switched out for each other.

Todays somewhat positionless NBA says otherwise, plus i have seen Pet Bryn go in and only player come out (KJ) more then once.

Primo, Tre Jones and Jock all being robbed while Pet Bryn racks up minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Forbes, but…aren’t we trying to tank?

Speaking of which, Wall is now pressing Houston to activate him, probably to force movement on a trade. He’s not my favorite, but has enough talent to mess them up by winning some games.
    Last edited by exstatic; 11-27-2021 at 04:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.
    This need not be a "Forbes or Primo" only call.

Sniffers: But but but, they play the same position therefore can only be switched out for each other.

Todays somewhat positionless NBA says otherwise, plus i have seen Pet Bryn go in and only player come out (KJ) more then once.

Primo, Tre Jones and Jock all being robbed while Pet Bryn racks up minutes.
    Tre Jones should ABSOLUTELY be playing Forbes minutes. If you’re trying to win, that is…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How boring must your Spurs experience be to believe that everything that happens is the best it could happen? "Professionals" disagree and make mistakes. We don't have to just defer to them all the time. That's idolatry, not fandom.

It's all part of Pop's plan.

As I said, powerful sniffery.
    You are definitely en led to your opinion . I’ll stick with the guy who got us to 5 chips JS .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes played 22.55 magnificent minutes, 2pts. 0-5 from 3, 1 reb, 1 TO, -14
    It was crazy that Forbes got so many minutes that game while shooting bad.

this is coming from a person that doesn’t mind Joshua Primo playing in the g league but Forbes shouldn’t have gotten the minutes he did playing as bad as he did last game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 points on 21 FGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones should ABSOLUTELY be playing Forbes minutes. If you’re trying to win, that is…
    This is part of the "It's all part of CIA Pops plan" fantasy?

Thread Information