Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting to compare how he does in the G-league compared to Jalen Green's season last year and Hardy this year.

I'm not sure he dominates like some posters suggest. In fact he might struggle at first against older players playing really hard trying to get a call up and having to play a different role compared to his college season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with him spending a little time in the G League every now and then, just to diversify his role and minute load but it's ing ridiculous to not give the guy a chance to show that he belongs on the court with the Spurs though.

Someone like Josh Giddey for OKC has been shockingly ok considering expectations, he's only a little older than Primo and he has been surprising with some parts of his game and is providing confirmation that his expected strong skills will translate. That's the point of giving these picks some minutes. I know the Spurs aren't in full tank like OKC, but honestly, what's the harm?

Another thing is - these picks are meant to give the team some cheapish production on their rookie deals all things going well, shoving them in the G League removes that benefit too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people here tryin to spin Flopovich's "get over yourself" approach all kind of ways to make him seem like a genius

this is truly hilarious
    The team clearly wants to mold him into a primary scorer and initiator. He needs tons of reps and in game experience to speed up the process of development.

It's pretty simple really. Your hatred is getting in the way of seeing it. You need a coke and a smile, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with him spending a little time in the G League every now and then, just to diversify his role and minute load but it's ing ridiculous to not give the guy a chance to show that he belongs on the court with the Spurs though.

Someone like Josh Giddey for OKC has been shockingly ok considering expectations, he's only a little older than Primo and he has been surprising with some parts of his game and is providing confirmation that his expected strong skills will translate. That's the point of giving these picks some minutes. I know the Spurs aren't in full tank like OKC, but honestly, what's the harm?

Another thing is - these picks are meant to give the team some cheapish production on their rookie deals all things going well, shoving them in the G League removes that benefit too.
    I'm not advocating for a full year in the d league.

The choice is this - he rots on the bench at 5his juncture which pop has shown or gets reps in. The latter is the best choice.

At this point theres no option c because pop isn't playing him.

If he was getting steady minutes then that's more beneficial imo because your learning on the fly against the best compe ion.

But let's just all whine like little es cause 5hats going to change the end result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    95% if posters on here are bipolar tbh. Two months ago everyone wanted to jump off a cliff when he was drafted. Now everyone is acting like the sky is falling because hes not getting minutes.

Comical 180 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Georgie played nearly immediately. Every G League ST armchair coach player has died out after leaving SA. It's hilarious that people still think they know more than a professional FO about these players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Georgie played nearly immediately. Every G League ST armchair coach player has died out after leaving SA. It's hilarious that people still think they know more than a professional FO about these players
    You remember when we had a highly competent hall of fame stacked roster? You remember there were two hof ball handling guards? Things are not the same on the main team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its worth remembering, at the time of the draft primo was considered a massive reach. Now he looks like a top 15 draft talent. Top 15 draft talent bust out at high rates. So the primo is jesus stuff is a massive overating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only SpursTalk would pull out the pitchforks over what everyone expected would be the most likely scenario. It's the same discussion with every rookie.

Yes, Primo is very talented. Yes, watching him play is a lot of fun...and I would definitely prefer it to watching Forbes stink up the place.

That said, even if Primo made the rotation he would probably only be getting 10-15 minutes off the bench, tops. And he would by no means be the focal point.

Going to Austin gives him the chance to get his feet wet against lesser compe ion, get 30+ minutes a game, be a primary weapon and learn how to run a team as a point guard.

That's not going to happen with the big squad, even with our youth movement this year. Murray and White are definitely the focal points right now, with Walker and Vassell to a lesser extent.

For all of his chutzpah, he is still only an 18 year old kid who played only one year of college. A little grooming could go a long way here. And who knows, he could be back come January or February, especially if we have some injuries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be interesting to get a take from the players that are actually sent to Austin to see if they found it beneficial to spend part of their season in the G-League. The only player I heard complaining about it was Luke in year 2. But it turned out that he may have needed it more than the other players.

But why the whining? He's going down there, but for how long? A week? A month? He won't be there the whole NBA season because Austin ends before the NBA season ends. So he will play NBA games this year. And to be honest, if he is the second coming of MJ like some people seem to act like he is, then I don't want him mucking up our need to load up on lottery picks that we can either use to draft the next star or trade for a star. Even if Primo approximated an NBA superstar, our roster is still not enough. And we all know that Primo is no where near an NBA all star. He may not even be an NBA starter. It's a big difference between summer league, preseason, and the real season. And flashes are not enough to give someone starter minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​
    Only SpursTalk would pull out the pitchforks over what everyone expected would be the most likely scenario. It's the same discussion with every rookie.

Yes, Primo is very talented. Yes, watching him play is a lot of fun...and I would definitely prefer it to watching Forbes stink up the place.

That said, even if Primo made the rotation he would probably only be getting 10-15 minutes off the bench, tops. And he would by no means be the focal point.

Going to Austin gives him the chance to get his feet wet against lesser compe ion, get 30+ minutes a game, be a primary weapon and learn how to run a team as a point guard.

That's not going to happen with the big squad, even with our youth movement this year. Murray and White are definitely the focal points right now, with Walker and Vassell to a lesser extent.

For all of his chutzpah, he is still only an 18 year old kid who played only one year of college. A little grooming could go a long way here. And who knows, he could be back come January or February, especially if we have some injuries.
    probably the best argument i've heard so far.

i doubt he would get 30 minutes in the NBA anywhere he went. 15 minutes would be more likely. so would it be better to get 15 minutes in NBA or 30+ in Gleague?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. I predicted this exactly
    Going out there on a limb...

That's like predicting that to start the 2021 NFL season the Cowboys would be the most popular pro-football team in Texas.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

probably the best argument i've heard so far.

i doubt he would get 30 minutes in the NBA anywhere he went. 15 minutes would be more likely. so would it be better to get 15 minutes in NBA or 30+ in Gleague?
    of course he would not be getting playing time anywhere, cause there is no team in the league so re ed to draft a 2nd round pick as the 12th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course he would not be getting playing time anywhere, cause there is no team in the league so re ed to draft a 2nd round pick as the 12th pick.
    Why cant he play more minutes? Spurs aren't winning or competing for anything.Everyone acting like this team isn't ending up at the bottom of the conference

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand wanting to play Primo for the mothership now. As always the main pros for playing in Cedar Park are more practice, less travel and regular time in games doing more than one would in San Antonio. Doesn't seem unreasonable for a guy who played a total of 675 minutes of college ball. If he absolutely dominates the league there will be little reason to keep him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    95% if posters on here are bipolar tbh. Two months ago everyone wanted to jump off a cliff when he was drafted. Now everyone is acting like the sky is falling because hes not getting minutes.

Comical 180 tbh
    tbh i could be ass-mad about who they draft in the first round, but i'd still want to at least try to develop whoever it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Forbes be sent to the GLeague?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not simply his development. We need to let Walker get minutes and figure out if we want to sign him to another contract. There’s already a shortage of available minutes to play a lot of our players. Jock hasn’t even played at all, for example.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going out there on a limb...

That's like predicting that to start the 2021 NFL season the Cowboys would be the most popular pro-football team in Texas.
    I wasn’t really serious. It’s a jay-z quote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not simply his development. We need to let Walker get minutes and figure out if we want to sign him to another contract. There’s already a shortage of available minutes to play a lot of our players. Jock hasn’t even played at all, for example.
    I read McDermott is out for 3 games or so. I swear if Fvck! starts in his place...

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why cant he play more minutes? Spurs aren't winning or competing for anything.Everyone acting like this team isn't ending up at the bottom of the conference
    if it was me id play all the young guys at least 20 min a game. There is no way this team is making the playoffs, so ending up 11th or 12th in the west is really stupid. There's also a problem of our FO being dumb, as even if we would end up with a top 5 pick, these morons would probably select some late 1rst rounder. Thats why the Spurs should get rid of pretty much all the staff, as its clear that they are incompetent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has tremendous potential but he also has a lot of things to work on. He wasn’t given the chance in college to do the things we want him to do for us. The G-League is the perfect place for him to hone those skills.
    Last edited by couchman; 10-28-2021 at 11:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it was me id play all the young guys at least 20 min a game. There is no way this team is making the playoffs, so ending up 11th or 12th in the west is really stupid. There's also a problem of our FO being dumb, as even if we would end up with a top 5 pick, these morons would probably select some late 1rst rounder. Thats why the Spurs should get rid of pretty much all the staff, as its clear that they are incompetent.
    "It's not that stupid if I get my record"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read McDermott is out for 3 games or so. I swear if Fvck! starts in his place...
    Devin. It’s a forward spot, and they need shooting. otherwise, it might be KBD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin. It’s a forward spot, and they need shooting. otherwise, it might be KBD.
    Should definitely be devin's time to shine

Thread Information