Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he over himself yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo's first stint has been horrible offensively and defensively ouch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he over himself yet?
    Surely Pop has assigned him to watch game film of Brint. Along with how Brint conducts himself at the wine dinners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is not shy at taking the 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice 3rd quarter for Josh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo will fit in sooo nicely with Murray and Vassell. The fit is perfect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy he’s on fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LEAGUE HIM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy he’s on fire
    He should be with the main club. Primo could help the spurs big time down the stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be with the main club. Primo could help the spurs big time down the stretch.
    IMO, he’s protecting the ball better as a result of getting reps he wouldn’t otherwise get from the main club. I think he will be with the main team and even part of the rotation at some point during the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, he’s protecting the ball better as a result of getting reps he wouldn’t otherwise get from the main club. I think he will be with the main team and even part of the rotation at some point during the season.
    I hope you are right .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t have that turnover at the end

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, he’s protecting the ball better as a result of getting reps he wouldn’t otherwise get from the main club.
    lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him grow and keep his confidence high in G League while we figure out who we keeping or who we trading or getting rid of this summer.

It's looking like we got legit starters in Primo, Vassell, Murray, and to a degree Poodle. Our bench well we have our sixth man in Keldon I thought White and Walker would also be fighting for the sixth spot but they are playing terrible - Spurs should seriously be looking at doing a trade if they could get a decent enough offer for white and Walker.

But I like we figuring things out and people growing and hopefully getting better - but we need to get a top 8 draft pick to pick our starting PF/C in this upcoming draft.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo will fit in sooo nicely with Murray and Vassell. The fit is perfect.
    Agreed. Hey, you seem to be following the Austin Spurs. Any thoughts on how Lil Weezy has been playing? I'm really hoping he can replace Forbes eventually down the line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t have that turnover at the end
    Yeah that turn over with 22 seconds left on the clock and leading by two - If he was with Pop he would never see playing time again this season......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Hey, you seem to be following the Austin Spurs. Any thoughts on how Lil Weezy has been playing? I'm really hoping he can replace Forbes eventually down the line.
    Asking the wrong questions here… Forbes has seldom been a hindrance for anyone’s minutes except for your typical folks who want rookies to play over anyone and everyone… it’s time to start looking at the bigger fish like Lonnie and maybe even White, guys who aren’t deserving the amount of minutes theyre getting… is Wieskamp ready to take THEIR minutes, most definitely not. Spurs’ second rounders making it on the main roster has been a rare instance but maybe because Wieskamp’s one and only job is to be good at shooting gives him a better shot to make it than past second rounders. He made big shots tonight and if he keeps it up, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be given a chance to overthrow at least Lonnie’s empty calories whenever Lonnie gets minutes… Wieskamp would at least be a reliable shooter. White, on the other hand, would be a harder obstacle. Wieskamp would have to be above average on defense to overthrow him so even if White is garbage right now, Joe has a long way to go. To answer your question, any scrub can overtake Forbes’ minutes right now but it’s so irrelevant because he barely gets minutes anyway…

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone got a Primo highlight link? Wasn't able to see the game, looks like he tore it up by the box score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They actually uploaded his highlights unlike his first game.
    3pt game coming along nicely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks damn good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, get rid of any combination of white/forbes and walker. Unleash vassell/primo suave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, the guy is unreal. That last shot - perfectly keeps his defender in jail behind him after the screen, then gets rid of the second defender with a timely hesitation stop before blowing past him for the reverse layup. None of that is easy, and even more impressive for a rookie as young as him. I definitely see Harden there, even more so considering how jumpshooting-oriented his game is.

Exciting stuff. If he keeps dominating like that, I could see him getting called up after the ASB regularly... Hope he doesn't get in the way of the Spurs' tank too much lol

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asking the wrong questions here… Forbes has seldom been a hindrance for anyone’s minutes except for your typical folks who want rookies to play over anyone and everyone… it’s time to start looking at the bigger fish like Lonnie and maybe even White, guys who aren’t deserving the amount of minutes theyre getting… is Wieskamp ready to take THEIR minutes, most definitely not. Spurs’ second rounders making it on the main roster has been a rare instance but maybe because Wieskamp’s one and only job is to be good at shooting gives him a better shot to make it than past second rounders. He made big shots tonight and if he keeps it up, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be given a chance to overthrow at least Lonnie’s empty calories whenever Lonnie gets minutes… Wieskamp would at least be a reliable shooter. White, on the other hand, would be a harder obstacle. Wieskamp would have to be above average on defense to overthrow him so even if White is garbage right now, Joe has a long way to go. To answer your question, any scrub can overtake Forbes’ minutes right now but it’s so irrelevant because he barely gets minutes anyway…
    Sounds like we’re asking different questions, actually. I don’t see Lil Weezy getting minutes over White or Walker, especially before Primo. But I would love to see him do well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo offense is NBA ready, but man it was a pain watching him in the PnR defense. He never establishes position or gets around it. He often left his help in a horrible position. It could be for not having experience with eachother, but he was really bad the whole night with it. His defense and swipes look Harden esque bad. I noted this on draft night, it worries me how dead and slow he looks on defense at times. He made some plays late in the game but he does not seem to have much of an idea of how to play defense tbh. He doesn't use his body well and usually let's his defender get him off balance very easily.

He has a completely different gear on offense when the ball is in his hands which is another worry. Why doesn't he turn that gear on defensively? There was one play he was jogging back on defense and his team got the ball back quickly and were running the other way, he was running against them without even realizing it. That was a huge red flag to me. How is he so out of it on defense the majority of the time ? We know he's smart enough and athletic enough. Just kind of worrisome for me and I can see why he needs time in the G league with that effort on Defense.

I'd take Primo over Forbes any day, but half the night, his body language and awareness made me wonder on defense.

Once again, on offense I wish he was on the main team. They could use it. That defense was just, inexcusable, pretty bad for most of the game. He got cooked several times by a legit g league player.

On offense, he definitely wanted to run the show and in the first, they weren't giving it to him. He did not seem to respond well to that and maybe that's why the lack of effort. I'd like to see him be a complete player in the g league. Really shouldn't be asking much.

Thread Information