My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hyped for this one.

Greensboro is the G-League affiliate for the Charlotte Hornets. They drafted two of Spurstalks' favorite 2021 first round prospects in James Bouknight and Kai Jones.
    Both have been reassigned as of yesterday to Greensboro after spending some time with the big club.

I also read that Primo and Weiskamp have both been re-assigned to G-League duty with both Doug McDermott and Devin Vassell u/g to probable for the game tomorrow against the Blazers.

I have little doubt that Primo is turning out to be the right pick, (his game, age, growth plates are tantalizing after all), though there is still apart of me that wonders if Kai Jones will be known as the one that got away...

Kai's play has been all over the map so far, but his G-League debut contained all the highlights of a player whose physical profile and unlimited potential would fill a position of need for the Spurs, (especially after the Samanic dismissal).

Will have to watch this delayed but looking forward to reading some analysis from some of the Austin diehards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo isn't physically ready for the G League

is there a lower division we can play him in? send him back to college maybe?

dont want to ruin his development or anything

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo isn't physically ready for the G League

is there a lower division we can play him in? send him back to college maybe?

dont want to ruin his development or anything
    that. Spurs need to go next level and have him transition so they can play him in the WNBA and concentrate on fundamentals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the heads up OP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sort of looks like Spurs should've drafted Sengun? IDK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be a fun game to watch tonight Bouknight vs Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t been watching it but I checked the box score and primos 1-11 lol game to skip over as a fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going into double OT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo just hit a disgusting turn around J over Bouknight wow that was impressive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see that besides Primo having a pretty decent game our second round pick Joe Wieskamp also had a really good game with 22 pts and also Devontae Cacok was beasting with 18 Rebounds to go with his 24 pts. I am pretty sure this will be our 3 horsemen going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Round 2 in less than 24 hours. Should be fun. Hope all the guys play again.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that. Spurs need to go next level and have him transition so they can play him in the WNBA and concentrate on fundamentals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure how long this will stay up. Full game edited w/o timeouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cacok looks undersized for his position

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In defense of the standardization of the G league approach, I suppose, Bouknight and Kai Jones both played in this game. Putting the Primo angst on hold, Lil Weezy seems to at least be showing what he was drafted to do: shooting, with 41% from 3 and 92% from free throws. He wouldn’t be better then McB, but may fit into our future plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cacok looks undersized for his position
    He’s 6’7”.

I wish that one of he and Renfro could shoot so they could play together. Renfro is putting up 5.3/4.9/1.5 with .8 st and 1.5 blk in 17 minutes. They’re never going to give him minutes over a 2Way, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he has a chance? He has been putting up pretty nice numbers I think the game before this he had 18 rebounds and 24 pts. But he is playing Center and at 6’7 that’s way to small not sure if they giving him burn at PF but he has game but he is I think 24 or 25 so not sure?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really liked Weiskamp in this game. He looked for the big shot and made it. Such a quick clean stroke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he has a chance? He has been putting up pretty nice numbers I think the game before this he had 18 rebounds and 24 pts. But he is playing Center and at 6’7 that’s way to small not sure if they giving him burn at PF but he has game but he is I think 24 or 25 so not sure?
    I think he could be something like Thad Young. He’s right at the end of his developmental window, at 25. He’ll need to make the jump in the next year, or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched almost all of their games so far this season, once that ball touches his hand he's shooting it 9/10 times no matter the situation. I don't really like him, reminds me a lot of a smaller Metu. Plays with a ton of energy though, just out of control a lot of the time.

Thread Information