Keldon
    Purtel

Bench
    Primo
    Lonnie
    Devin Vasell
    Jock or KBD
    Eubanks
    That 2nd unit will have so much spacing to shoot threes or for the P&R with Eubanks with Primo or Walker. I know im no genius, but Pop is past his time. He should've left with the big 3 an let Becky take over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poodle has another great game as he did last night, he's gonna get his minutes cut. He should be more careful in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poodle has another great game as he did last night, he's gonna get his minutes cut. He should be more careful in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely wishful, with Primo assigned to Austin for the foreseeable future. They do have a bit of a break between games 1 and 2, but even if he gets called up for a handful of games, it will be the last sighting for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody except Pop knows that Forbes and Eubanks should be replaced by Primo and Jock. It ain't rocket science. It will never happen this season though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody except Pop knows that Forbes and Eubanks should be replaced by Primo and Jock. It ain't rocket science. It will never happen this season though.
    not sure about the eubanks one. he and jock are totally different players with totally different styles. almost would have different roles and expectations. but Forbes' job is to suck on defense and to take 3 point shots. primo can do at least that while not sucking on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year it's the same just different players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year it's the same just different players.
    well most years its Forbes

first it was forbes playing ahead of white. then lonnie. now primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were to ask me right now, this is my "wishful lineup"

Murray, White
    Walker, Primo
    Vassell, McDermott
    Johnson, KBD
    Poeltl, Young

If Poeltl's offense is real, then you have enough scoring compliment what should still be a good defensive starting unit. White is the sixth man who probably still plays more minutes than Walker, but you don't have to worry about staggering him and Murray. Ideally, Derrick plays well enough to deserve to start, but Murray was relatively deferential most of the last game, and I think that's when he's going to be his best. I haven't thought that he could let himself be the fourth-or-so option on the team, but he was that for most of the team's run. When he's letting other guys do the heavy lifting on offense, his defense, rebounding and even scoring are almost pure positives. If he doesn't need a trade to be that guy, then the Spurs should keep him.

I like the Walker and Vassell combo, but I worry that Pop is going to think of it as a necessary bench, change-of-pace pairing when he should be looking at it as the engine currently poised to drive the team. I also really like the flow of a White/McDermott/Bates-Diop/Young grouping. I'd love to see Primo grow up in that kind of lineup rather than force-feeding him the ball. Right now, that seems to have just made the guys develop the one-on-one midrange moves that I believe are causing the offense to stagnate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of the White and Murray pairing after seeing it for awhile. I like them closing games but I think White should be the 6th man in the Manu role as the primary distributor off the bench with the 2nd unit.

I like Chinooks rotation except I'd rather the team just trade Young and let Jock fight for backup C with Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're granting wishes I'm going big and asking for the winning lotto numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're granting wishes I'm going big and asking for the winning lotto numbers.
    Let me get those numbers along with you my guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo if you want, but:

Simmons, White
    Vassell, Lonnie
    McDermott, KBD
    Keldon, Jock
    Poeltl, Collins

Keldon is too small at guarding PF’s like AD. Simmons fixes that, and allow Vassell to start.

As much as I like DJ’s game right now, he is at best a borderline 2nd tier. Simmons with his rimrun and passing would elevate this teams running game. His defense on PF’s would allow Poeltl to stay with his man. Simmons with this line would be a playoff team, period. Now start the hate replies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure about the eubanks one. he and jock are totally different players with totally different styles. almost would have different roles and expectations. but Forbes' job is to suck on defense and to take 3 point shots. primo can do at least that while not sucking on defense
    Eubanks really doesn't do anything out there except missing lay ups and getting an occassional dunk. Jock can do that while also shooting 3s and he's a better passer. Upgrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo if you want, but:

Simmons, White
    Vassell, Lonnie
    McDermott, KBD
    Keldon, Jock
    Poeltl, Collins

Keldon is too small at guarding PF’s like AD. Simmons fixes that, and allow Vassell to start.

As much as I like DJ’s game right now, he is at best a borderline 2nd tier. Simmons with his rimrun and passing would elevate this teams running game. His defense on PF’s would allow Poeltl to stay with his man. Simmons with this line would be a playoff team, period. Now start the hate replies
    Yes. Yes. Simmons on this up tempo team would be insane. But I do think Johnson goes in that trade if it happens.

Simmons, primo, vassell are the building block. Then it's about recruiting the next star before the extensions kick in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Yes. Simmons on this up tempo team would be insane. But I do think Johnson goes in that trade if it happens.

Simmons, primo, vassell are the building block. Then it's about recruiting the next star before the extensions kick in.
    I like Keldon but if it what it takes, I will not cry a river over him. I would rather give the minutes to Vassell, Lonnie and eventually Primo. Londale also needs minutes at that PF position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah if we had this lineup rotation, every team in the league would totally matchup to the spurs. Wouldn't matter though, right. Because with this lineup, the Spurs would, at worst, be harnessing the future power of the most dominant team of all time. It's insane that Pop doesn't see that, I do not get it at all that he doesn't play the nba street lineup that is so obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah if we had this lineup rotation, every team in the league would totally matchup to the spurs. Wouldn't matter though, right. Because with this lineup, the Spurs would, at worst, be harnessing the future power of the most dominant team of all time. It's insane that Pop doesn't see that, I do not get it at all that he doesn't play the nba street lineup that is so obvious
    I mean Vassell and Primo have a long way to go to being all stars. There are 30 all stars every year and most just repeat. And then there's avoiding bad luck. Portland once had a stacked team. Roy, oden. I think LMA was there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just get Eubanks out of the rotation. Young is unnecessary as well. Forbes can have his 3 minutes but should be benched immediately after missing his first shot. Primo minutes would be nice, but it ain't happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously small sample size, but the rebounding the Spurs are getting from their starting forwards is pretty atrocious: 6 rebounds per game total from starters McDermott + KJ. This year doesn't matter because it's all about development, but going forward it's a huge issue. Is a 6'5" guy the answer at PF if you're planning for a future championship? Or is he your most appealing trade piece as a recent Olympian and high energy player in the supposedly positionless basketball era?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray cant start together, thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray cant start together, thread
    They’ve LITERALLY started four games together.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously small sample size, but the rebounding the Spurs are getting from their starting forwards is pretty atrocious: 6 rebounds per game total from starters McDermott + KJ. This year doesn't matter because it's all about development, but going forward it's a huge issue. Is a 6'5" guy the answer at PF if you're planning for a future championship? Or is he your most appealing trade piece as a recent Olympian and high energy player in the supposedly positionless basketball era?
    Interesting thought. He’s a hard worker. And making progress. I’d wait another year at least to see if his jumper finally comes around to at least average. But rebounding…wasn’t aware of that. I need to look up our team rebounding numbers.

But for shooting and rebounding, makes me think of the Jalen Smith trade. He averaged 12.5 boards in Summer League. Just throwing out ideas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting thought. He’s a hard worker. And making progress. I’d wait another year at least to see if his jumper finally comes around to at least average. But rebounding…wasn’t aware of that. I need to look up our team rebounding numbers.

But for shooting and rebounding, makes me think of the Jalen Smith trade. He averaged 12.5 boards in Summer League. Just throwing out ideas.
    He’s barely played at all for Phoenix. Your drafting team knows more about you than anyone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early returns , the starting lineup is breaking even and the DJ led bench unit is once again our best units. We are losing those White as the point guard lineups.

Thread Information