Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs went ahead and preemptively called two fouls for luka last night.

That's okay, the nba is a business you just gotta be the better team.

GO SPURS GO!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-4 never felt so good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be another moral victory tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-4 never felt so good.
    Or "fun" to watch,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid moral victories will be a recurring theme all year long.

The Spurs simply don't have the firepower to deal with the top 15 teams in the league right now.

I've enjoyed some of the changes in style this year with the younger guys running the show now. Other teams have more experienced closers and its pretty apparent even after only four games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who starts in place of Doug McBuckets? I’m hoping Devin Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE TANK ROLLS ON, LET'S GO BABY!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray with 21/12/15/2/2 last game is pretty big time. The 9-24 was mostly late game bad shot selection as he got gassed and the game intensified, which he is working on.

One thing we all need to remember is that this is only game 5 and guys usually take 10-20 games to settle into their rhythm and get their legs underneath themselves so I think a little extrapolation is in order. With the guys skewing younger now, some real time personal development will be something to watch for too.

These games have a lot of potential for getting tighter. Players getting into season shape still, young guys adding to their game still, and a lot of new guys learning the offense and developing team chemistry all something you can reasonably expect to refine the system and get better as a team.

I still remain pretty optimistic we have a chance to hit pop's record which hopefully garners us some media glow since that now results in real life W's on the court.

Pretty great target for this season honestly, for not really contending. We cleared the dead weight like everyone here asked for so young prospects have tons of room to develop and will do so, will be a fun storyline to chase pop's record, and if not (and even if so possibly) get one of the best picks we've had in decades when we are possibly looking one leader away from being elite again.

Future is bright just hang tight and trust the prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be another moral victory tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott out will mean more Forbes

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not winning anything if Murray's leading the team in shot attempts again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only question is will Luka have a 30, 40, or 50 point triple double

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray with 21/12/15/2/2 last game is pretty big time. The 9-24 was mostly late game bad shot selection as he got gassed and the game intensified, which he is working on.

One thing we all need to remember is that this is only game 5 and guys usually take 10-20 games to settle into their rhythm and get their legs underneath themselves so I think a little extrapolation is in order. With the guys skewing younger now, some real time personal development will be something to watch for too.

These games have a lot of potential for getting tighter. Players getting into season shape still, young guys adding to their game still, and a lot of new guys learning the offense and developing team chemistry all something you can reasonably expect to refine the system and get better as a team.

I still remain pretty optimistic we have a chance to hit pop's record which hopefully garners us some media glow since that now results in real life W's on the court.

Pretty great target for this season honestly, for not really contending. We cleared the dead weight like everyone here asked for so young prospects have tons of room to develop and will do so, will be a fun storyline to chase pop's record, and if not (and even if so possibly) get one of the best picks we've had in decades when we are possibly looking one leader away from being elite again.

Future is bright just hang tight and trust the prospects.
    Thanks for your insights. It’s a lot better reading than most Debbie-downers on the board. Why they even bother just to whine like little girls

I like Vassell to start and continue his hot shooting. Just please don’t put Bryn as the go-to knockdown shooter.

Spurs by 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, honestly we've been fans of such an elite franchise. We were winning like 70% of all our games for sustained eras. Not many fans get that experience so I'm grateful for that ride.

It's been a long time since the fans have been a part of a rebuild and it's kinda exciting. developing talent, picking through draft gems, maybe a slick trade. Something new for a change. Obviously sucks to suck but I can find some thrill in seeing what blossoms.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, force Luka to be the scorer. We can live with his scoring, because the rest of their roster is inconsistent. If they don't get enough shots early on, they're usually useless and have bad shooting nights.
    And attack him on defense, don't let him rest.

The rest of their roster is pretty bad and Kidd is a clown.

Another moral victory would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another L. Vassell should start, but I could see Forbes starting too. You know Pop likes to keep the bench unit in tact.

my favorite match up tonight: Boban vs. Eubanks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready to see bryn start. And they go small. Thad and jock will still somehow get 0 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so Porzingis is out. Brown and Burke are out. Boban questionable. Spurs should still somehow lose this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so Porzingis is out. Brown and Burke are out. Boban questionable. Spurs should still somehow lose this
    It'll be a close loss at least because the guys are trying hard. Once they lose enough and tune Pop out, those losses will become routinely 20 point losses later in the season. Can't stop the tank!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid moral victories will be a recurring theme all year long.

The Spurs simply don't have the firepower to deal with the top 16 teams in the league right now.

I've enjoyed some of the changes in style this year with the younger guys running the show now. Other teams have more experienced closers and its pretty apparent even after only four games.
    FIFY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FTM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, honestly we've been fans of such an elite franchise. We were winning like 70% of all our games for sustained eras. Not many fans get that experience so I'm grateful for that ride.

It's been a long time since the fans have been a part of a rebuild and it's kinda exciting. developing talent, picking through draft gems, maybe a slick trade. Something new for a change. Obviously sucks to suck but I can find some thrill in seeing what blossoms.
    Well put.

We have been EXTREMELY lucky to witness the greatness that we did. Very few sports fans get to experience that much of an extended period of excellence...and we did it as the San Antonio Spurs.

But that wasn't bound to last forever, and now we are in a new chapter.

People out here are still acting like Tim, Tony, and Manu are still lacing up. News flash....Dejounte, Derrick, and Lonnie aren't Tim, Tony, and Manu....and no one should expect them to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes it was an incredible ride. Also let's be honest. the first 10 games are ridiculously against the best teams in the league pretty much. The schedule gets better. Hope McBuckets isn't out long. Word on him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott out will mean more Forbes
    Fvck!

Thread Information