Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s weird with all this “very engaged”, “giving good effort”, and “more interesting” comments about this year’s team… like WTF were they doing the years before and why weren’t they trying as hard? It’s a sad retrospective look at years’ prior.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random takeaways:

DJ played masterfully, focusing on setting up his teammates, and then down the stretch taking his moments to score. His pnr with Yak early on reminded me of how Parker learned to pass the ball-- by finding Tim in the pnr in a similar way. Basic stuff. But it's great because it involves Yak WAY more than years before where the vets phased him out. And DJ's jumper looked slower, better arc, much more like in preseason. Great signs. He's the heart of the team. And maybe Yak is the brains? Not sure.

Thad Young found a way to contribute. His passing and craftiness could be very useful. If they don't trade him, then definitely play him. I'm ok with Drew going back to the bench and 4th string even at this point.

KJ got the memo that rebounding is important.

Chip really needs to earn his paycheck this year. Good lord we can't shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that almost all the games the Spurs win are the ones where Forbes shoots well.
    He didn't shoot well in this one; 7/16 overall and 1/4 on three's.
    Last edited by pad300; 10-31-2021 at 08:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only caught the second half of this game and I’ve watched all the games so far.

I’ve enjoyed watching every game they’ve played and I’m impressed with the teams defense and hustle. I thought we would be better defensively but I didn’t expect we would be as good as we have been. I also thought we wouldn’t be good offensively and I was right about that. Lmao. The team has had serious issues with shooting in most of the games. Surprisingly, Even our backcourt and wings missing free throws. Hopefully that gets better as the season progresses

great win against the shorthanded Bucks and hopefully they beat the Pacers Monday. I can see their size maybe giving our team a little bit of problems but I think we can pull out a win if they keep playing good defense and playing hard like they have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s weird with all this “very engaged”, “giving good effort”, and “more interesting” comments about this year’s team… like WTF were they doing the years before and why weren’t they trying as hard? It’s a sad retrospective look at years’ prior.
    Demar and Lamarcus--wanna be HOFers who in actuality are career losers--those two disappear when it matters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the element Thad Young could potentially bring to this team. He's actually a difference maker for this team, and shame on Pop for playing him so few minutes.

He can facilitate an offensive flow from the top of the key I didn't know was possible for him and for the Spurs. I knew he could do some scoring and rebounding so no surprise there. I was glad to see his passing ability and quick feet on defense. He's definitely a plus player and ought to start seeing 15-20 minutes/game.

Knowing pop though, he'll immediately get the Luka treatment...DNP - CD for 15 of the next 16 games. Or at best catch some mop up minutes that don't impact the outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the element Thad Young could potentially bring to this team. He's actually a difference maker for this team, and shame on Pop for playing him so few minutes.

He can facilitate an offensive flow from the top of the key I didn't know was possible for him and for the Spurs. I knew he could do some scoring and rebounding so no surprise there. I was glad to see his passing ability and quick feet on defense. He's definitely a plus player and better start seeing 20 minutes/ game.

Knowing pop though, he'll immediately get the DNP - CD for 3 of the next 4 games.
    The mishandling of Thad the moment he was acquired was absolutely insane - what a failure from the FO & the old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s mainly bc we had two different styles clashing with each other in the starting line up in years past. Slow, crafty veterans who love half court iso ball vs the young guys who will actually run and move around at all times bc they’re young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't shoot well in this one; 7/16 overall and 1/4 on three's.
    7/16 is good for an outside shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can somebody fill me in on why KBD is getting so much PT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dougie is out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good game. Loved seeing Thad get some extended run...definitely could act as one of those glue guys for the team. Drewbanks has been a disappointment so far, so I'd love to see Young start stealing more of those minutes.

Lot of Forbes last night, but I guess that was to be expected with McBuckets hurt and Primo in Austin...also, a big night for him playing against his old team and getting his ring, and it actually paid dividends.

Loving the defensive intensity....generating lots of turnovers and turning that defense into offense. Spurs are currently 5th in turnovers generated, while being 7th best in fewest turnovers per game.

Murray looking great out there, despite not shooting a great percentage.

Team as a whole needs to figure out how to shoot ing free throws and better from downtown.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-31-2021 at 10:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually like what I've seen from KBD so far. Nothing really jumps off the charts, but he is decent in nearly every facet, has good length and athleticism on defense, and the guys seem to enjoy playing with him.

Good success story for a guy who has been bouncing around the league since 2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These victories are much needed. Keeps the spirits high and the fellas engaged on the way to 25 wins and a lottery ticket to aid in the rebuild process!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic quit on everybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is averaging almost a triple double through 6 games. He's definitely got his limitations but still pretty impressive nonetheless

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was probably peak Forbes against his old team. Maybe not lights out shooting, but TWO breakaway steals? Unheard of.

Also, DJ and White seem to be playing well together with DJ embracing more of a true point guard role. I wonder if the BS trade rumors motivated him to adjust his game? Something is different this year. Obviously other factors too, like no more selfish veterans on the team playing for a contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic quit on everybody.
    How do Pop’s nuts taste?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do Pop’s nuts taste?
    Ain't no Pop cheerleading going on, errrybody saw Luka quit. Except he didn't just quit in that video, he's been doing that since day 1. It was time for him to go. Doing it early was a gift for him to try to land somewhere... anywhere .... but here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because up until last season all Pop cared about was getting Derozan, Gay, Patty, and Lamarcus minutes so they could showcase enough to get perhaps there last decent pay day's as nba players. Now that all that is over at least we are back to trying to grow and build a young team.

Also all 4 of those guys aren't going to win you anything in crunch time, while playing terrible defense...I been watching spurs play my whole life and even I was getting to the point of not wanting to see those 4 play basketball in a spurs jersey anymore.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This all in youth rebuild should’ve happened years ago. DeRozan and Aldridge were an absolute waste of time with a ceiling that involved being stuck in purgatory. If we had done this 3 years ago we hopefully could’ve had a top 5 pick by now and actually had a true player to build around instead of a bunch of hopeful fringe all stars who will make for good third options at the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ passing in the P&R this season and just overall passing has improved so much this year. 3rd in the league in assist with only 2.2 turnovers per game. 4th (5.7) 5th (4.6), 6th(4.5) and 7th (5.0) turnovers. DJ has the least amount of turnovers than anyone up until the player averaging the 18th most assist per game, Derrick White 1.8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mcdermott is out and he's playing well

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They "should" have been a good team. On paper the talent was there. Just too much iso ball.

Thread Information