Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tony Le Parker
    espn.go.com/nba/news/2003...37902.html

"...Sports Illustrated reported this week that Malone's wife, Kay, plans to go househunting in San Antonio and Los Angeles this June in preparation for a possible move from the only NBA city Malone has ever played in. Malone will be a free agent this summer..."

mrcoon
    I read that earlier today and said "WTF??" :shock Then I thought back to the discussions about whether or not Spurs fans could tolerate Karl in silver and black. I could as long as his game remains and doesn't go significantly downhill.

gunawanspurs
    Personally, i think it's just a move by Karla to milk more benjamins this summer from Miller

But, as a contingency signing, getting him and Payton would ensure us another 2 rings IMHO ( as signing J O'Neal is my 1st priority this summer )

Nbadan
    It aint gonna happen, at least not if the Jazz can help it. I would not mind him on the team for a couple of years. Better he be a Spur than a Laker if he is going to leave Utah.

Pooh
    If Malone ends up anywhere it would probably be in L.A. instead of here.

KoriEllis
    Seems Karl is just preparing himself for the possibilities in the offseason. He wants a ring. He's still very physically capable of playing basketball at the highest level.

I know Spurs fans hate him, but if he's willing to come to SA for cheap. Would you turn him down?

I think not.

DeSPURado
    I really like the possibility especially if it could put us in a position to make a run at tmac.

KoriEllis
    Would die-hard Spurs fans accept Karl in the Silver and Black?

SAmikeyp
    I think so. Its amazing what a change of uniforms will do to the perception of someone.

timvp
    This looks like a ploy to drive up his market value. If other teams are scared that the Spurs might go after him with all their cap room, Malone and his agent might be thinking that they could squeeze a couple more million out of someone.

Mark in Austin
    I'd be very suprised if he went to LA. I have a feeling Karl would tell Jackson to "take your metephysical zen bull and shove it up your ass. " He's also been pretty critical of Shaq and Kobe, if I remember correctly.

I think he'd be a better fit personality wise, playing for Pop, or maybe Pat Riley.

Ed Helicopter Jones
    Maybe CIA Pop has something bigger in the works than people realize.

Malone and Kidd in SA?

Think about that lineup.

C - Duncan/Willis
    PF - Malone/Rose
    SF - Bowen/Jackson/?
    SG - Kidd/Ginobili/Jackson
    PG - Parker/?

A starting lineup with Duncan, Malone, Kidd and Parker would be pretty much unbeatable.

Jimcs50
    NO KIDD!!!!!! We want O'Neil!!!!!

mrcoon
    Question? Did said wife really come to SA to look? with the insinuation that they were amendable to coming to the SPURS?? So, a player's wife can tamper by insinuation? Smells funny. But, like I said earlier, I'd take Karl for cheap.

Mark in Austin
    Hmmm....

The more I think about it, the more I think that Malone is a Pop kind of Player. Willis and Malone on the same team would just be NASTY.

Malone's game would compliment Duncan's very well. And there's one thing that just occured to me... wouldn't Malone be a perfect teacher for molding Scola into the tough rugged player with skills we need to compliment Duncan for the next decade?

Food for thought.

Longhorn E
    Not No, But ...
    H*LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is what ALL SAN ANTONIO SPURS FANS SHOULD
    think of the name ...
    k-a-r-l m-a-l-o-n-e #32:gun
    The ONLY way that Spurs Fans COULD cheer for that s fvck, ESPECIALLY AFTER WHAT HE DID TO DROB, should be if he was to PAY THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS ORGANIZATION A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT TO BE ALLOWED INTO THE CITY of SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS !!!!!!!
    He's OLD, AND " ON THE BACK-SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN !!!!"
    Not only that, but OUR SAN ANTONIO SPURS' ORGANIZATION has, ARGUABLY, THE BEST REPUTATION IN THE LEAGUE !!!
    We DAMN SURE don't need such a controversial individual as this @$$-hole !!!!!!!:pc2

SAmikeyp
    OK Longhorn.....dude...you need to not hold back. supressing your feelings is not healthy!!

Longhorn E
    "Gracias, SAmikeyp !!!"

timvp
    Well said Longhorn E!!!!!

Malone replacing Robinson would be sacrilegious. I can't imagine that .

picnroll
    In a three man rotation with TD, Malik and Malone I'm not to thrilled with the interior defense when TD's out and Lik and Lone are on the floor.

Patrick Davis
    Malone would help us win. He's not one of my first options. But as the Jason Kidd promoters would say, how can you pass on a future hall of famer if he wants to come. I can just imagine a pick and roll with Parker and Malone. Parker asking Malone to tell him stories about Stockton. It would be hard to swallow, but if we win with him. Sign him up.

D Fish
    We posted the same thing at LG.net. Malone's wife was house shopping in L.A. Ahh the possibilities.

C - Shaq
    PF - Malone
    SF - George
    SG - Kobe
    PG - D-Swish

Kinda wierd to see Malone in a Laker jersey though, especially after the late 90's. :tyson

KoriEllis
    Malone's wife was supposedly looking at real estate in both LA and SA. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. But Malone in either a Spurs or Lakers uni would be a sight!!

Marcus Bryant
    SA had no problem embracing ME. Kersey. Had his health not deteriorated so I would not have been surprised to see Hakeem in the silver & black either.

The thing is...what does Malone want? I've had him pegged as solely being after breaking Kareem's all-time scoring record.

He'd be a great role player but does he want to be that? That's the main issue. Otherwise SA is his kind of town. He can buy himself a place somewhere in the Hill Country and hunt to his heart's content.

If DRob can forgive and forget then I suspect that the fans will be able to do so.

In some respects Malone is a fitting replacement for DRob. Had the coin landed the other way back in 1985 Malone would have begun his career as a Spur...and perhaps led to DRob not being a Spur.

Marcus Bryant
    Of course Malone's wife also thought that he was nicknamed "The Mailman" because he was the first black postal worker in the state of Utah so perhaps everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

Thread Information