Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting if he was called up for tonight's game against the Spurs.
    Yeah, that's make good theater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's make good theater.
    I'd root for him to drop 30 and 15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, just saw hishighlights from his 36 and 12 game. Dude is on a mission. Flexing after dunks. Taking it to the rim instead of taking an easy 3. Hope he shoves it down the Spurs throats for years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd root for him to drop 30 and 15.
    Funny if he does that to our bigs. But I doubt Thibs does that to Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, just saw hishighlights from his 36 and 12 game. Dude is on a mission. Flexing after dunks. Taking it to the rim instead of taking an easy 3. Hope he shoves it down the Spurs throats for years to come.
    nah, we got forbes and kbd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was cut because he's a churlish asshole with an extremely bad at ude who won't even run the court on defensive assignments.
    in preseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he's motivated at last. Will be interesting if Knicks call him up.
    ASI said when they picked him up on a 2Way, not the best situation. He’s buried behind an All Star, and coach Thbs is more of a hard ass than Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins is still young, has an intriguing skill set and could probably even play some minutes along side Jak if his 3ball is stroking. He also might never see the court as a Spur. Complete
    wild card at this point but I remain optimistic!
    In no world will we see a Zach Collins Jakob paring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how he's tearing up the G League and yet the Knicks haven't rushed him into their starting lineup or even their bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better thread le would have been: Should We Have Kept Him a Little Longer and Actually Played Him So We Can Actually Know if He Sucks or Not?
    This is what I dont understand. And before people say Pop got to see him in practice. Did he not see these others play in practice as well? it has been talked about for a couple years about lonnies lapses but people still want to give him one more year to see if he figures it out? Why is not there for Luka? Oh i know because lonnie had ONE great game and now people think he will be that every game if just given the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I dont understand. And before people say Pop got to see him in practice. Did he not see these others play in practice as well? it has been talked about for a couple years about lonnies lapses but people still want to give him one more year to see if he figures it out? Why is not there for Luka? Oh i know because lonnie had ONE great game and now people think he will be that every game if just given the chance.
    Lonnie has shown far more than Luka ever did. Thats saying something as Lonnie is currently probably the most disappointing player on this roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has shown far more than Luka ever did. Thats saying something as Lonnie is currently probably the most disappointing player on this roster.
    Luka never got the same opportunities that lonnie did. Luka actually did well especially on Defense in the time he got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cutting Luka was and always will be a mistake, if only because it was totally unnecessary. It’s crazy to me how people are imputing the label “lazy” on his entire character and body of work because of one play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a great character in and out the court. I really think Luka rubbed Pop the wrong way. I too wish they could’ve kept him the rest of the season. I was rooting for him because I thought he had a high ceiling with his skills. But probably KBD was outhustling him too, so that’s that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cutting Luka was and always will be a mistake, if only because it was totally unnecessary. It’s crazy to me how people are imputing the label “lazy” on his entire character and body of work because of one play.
    It’s crazy that you think it was one play. He was failing to get back from his earliest days in his first season in Austin. It was a repeated pattern of behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been as hard as anyone on Lonnie, but his roster spot this year only costs them his salary this year. There’s no further obligation, which wasn’t the case with Luka. Your choices were cut him, or pick up his year four option before year three, as required by the CBA. Won’t even mention retaining him and NOT picking up the option. While possible, it’s just not feasible for a player who already has at ude and motivation issues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been as hard as anyone on Lonnie, but his roster spot this year only costs them his salary this year. There’s no further obligation, which wasn’t the case with Luka. Your choices were cut him, or pick up his year four option before year three, as required by the CBA. Won’t even mention retaining him and NOT picking up the option. While possible, it’s just not feasible for a player who already has at ude and motivation issues.
    your excuse about having to take the option is so wrong and you know it. Him not getting it could make him play harder. Lonnie not getting an ext could do make him not want to play here. This is an excuse you came up with that is totally false. Teams dont always take the option. the Spurs have done this as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your excuse about having to take the option is so wrong and you know it. Him not getting it could make him play harder. Lonnie not getting an ext could do make him not want to play here. This is an excuse you came up with that is totally false. Teams dont always take the option. the Spurs have done this as well.
    I could be wrong, but probably not. A #19 overall pick from 2 years ago hit the FA market last summer, and only one team had any interest, and that was a 2Way. In addition to Pop and myself, are those other 28 GMs wrong, too? Are you smarter than them, too? Is the NY FO and coaching staff wrong? I mean, he’s tearing up the gleague, and Wieskamp, one of our 2ways, has spent more time on our roster and on an NBA court than Sammich has is NY, which is zero.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just like you get shoved down your throat for years to . ing git.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to find a new team if you get excited by gleague post dunk flexes.
    Last edited by exstatic; 12-08-2021 at 10:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny if he does that to our bigs. But I doubt Thibs does that to Pop
    Thibs hasn’t even called him up for one second of time on the roster this year. When he doesn’t want you, he doesn’t want you. I remember when he was in Chicago, they used a #11 pick on a kid who wasn’t a defensive stalwart, and he buried him. Thibs played him 36 games, little less than 9 minutes a game, or about what Sammich played last year. The kid bounced back, though. He had a ready made NBA in demand skill, 3 point shooting. His name was Doug McSomethingorother.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great to see him play against the Spurs and give up a few layups because he didn't want to hustle back.

Thread Information