Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop always has kind words to say about players to the media, he's even defended Kawhi and told fans not to boo him but who knows what he really thinks. The type of player Pop is describing in this quote doesn't sound like the type of player you cut, it makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop always has kind words to say about players to the media, he's even defended Kawhi and told fans not to boo him but who knows what he really thinks. The type of player Pop is describing in this quote doesn't sound like the type of player you cut, it makes no sense.
    Pop never throws anyone under the bus, even if they deserve it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing Pop said wasn't true. Sammich has to do these things to make it in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like you get shoved down your throat for years to . ing git.
    sick retort. literally. seek help for your phobia.

better yet, why don't you come out of the closet already to your friends and family. Will lighten that burden you're carrying that's making you so angry.
    Last edited by offset formation; 12-08-2021 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to find a new team if you get excited by gleague post dunk flexes.
    ok, arbiter of my spursfandom. I want pop to face the consequences of misplaying the kid.

explain how someone gets the following thing (without actually looking it up) said about them: "he's coming along. he's playing good defense and making good defensive rotations and earning some more minutes for himself."

To then quite literally not touching the court for about 1 month afterwards, and then only for total garbage minutes...think I recall the first time being like 39 seconds.

You around with a young kid's confidence, then I'm gonna root for that kid to make you look like an egotistical fool. I'm sick of pop's on multiple fronts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sick retort. literally. seek help for your phobia.

better yet, why don't you come out of the closet already to your friends and family. Will lighten that burden you're carrying that's making you so angry.

Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish people would stop overrating the d-league. Any player on the Spurs roster would be a d-league star. Sam isn't a rookie. He has NBA talent and two years of NBA training. He damned sure dominate. But people should get used to seeing guys like him that have talent get cut or dumped only to show some potential elsewhere. The Spurs are pretty loaded with prospects already and have at least three picks in this next draft (more if they move Young for another 22 pick). Guys are going to get cut, and everyone on the roster has shown SOMETHING at this point except maybe Wieskamp who still looks like a decent prospect. The Spurs don't have picks anymore. They don't have to gamble on upside nearly as much as they used to, and potential isn't going to be a stopping factor for them going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i've said the same about luka's performances as of late; he is doing what he should be doing given his experience in that league. but i've lost count of the number of players, on various g-league teams, that have looked great in that league only to never, ever see those players have any degree of success in the NBA. so saying that luka is 'dominating' the g-league is not saying anything more than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, arbiter of my spursfandom. I want pop to face the consequences of misplaying the kid.

explain how someone gets the following thing (without actually looking it up) said about them: "he's coming along. he's playing good defense and making good defensive rotations and earning some more minutes for himself."

To then quite literally not touching the court for about 1 month afterwards, and then only for total garbage minutes...think I recall the first time being like 39 seconds.

You around with a young kid's confidence, then I'm gonna root for that kid to make you look like an egotistical fool. I'm sick of pop's on multiple fronts.
    Pop never throws anyone under the bus, even if they deserve it. How long have you even been following SA that you don’t know this? I can’t ever remember him saying negative stuff about specific players. We see who’s underperforming, but Pop will just say something like the effort wasn’t there, or the defense wasn’t very good, or WE didn’t compete. He learned that lesson about 25 years ago, when the players went to him asking him to fire Bob Hill, because he did the opposite, constantly calling out players in the media for losses, but taking credit for wins.

Here’s one thing I can guarantee you: Pop never failed to tell Luka where he was coming up short, and exactly what he needed to do to earn playing time. He didn’t tell HIM everything was fine, and he was doing well. I’m guessing there was some yelling and shouting in his office on multiple occasions, to the point where he just realized Luka was never going to get it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong, but probably not. A #19 overall pick from 2 years ago hit the FA market last summer, and only one team had any interest, and that was a 2Way. In addition to Pop and myself, are those other 28 GMs wrong, too? Are you smarter than them, too? Is the NY FO and coaching staff wrong? I mean, he’s tearing up the gleague, and Wieskamp, one of our 2ways, has spent more time on our roster and on an NBA court than Sammich has is NY, which is zero.
    When he was released most teams already had their rosters so there probably not much left except for 2 ways. they would have had to cut someone else. NY has some good bigs unlike us. It would be like saying why is primo not getting playing time. (yes I realize he has played more then luka). There also have been many players that have been dropped by teams/ undrafted and then had good careers. Danny gree, Jackson, Whiteside to name a few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i've said the same about luka's performances as of late; he is doing what he should be doing given his experience in that league. but i've lost count of the number of players, on various g-league teams, that have looked great in that league only to never, ever see those players have any degree of success in the NBA. so saying that luka is 'dominating' the g-league is not saying anything more than that.
    right, but it's all you can do though. I mean it's certainly advantageous to not dominating, right)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop never throws anyone under the bus, even if they deserve it. How long have you even been following SA that you don’t know this? I can’t ever remember him saying negative stuff about specific players. We see who’s underperforming, but Pop will just say something like the effort wasn’t there, or the defense wasn’t very good, or WE didn’t compete. He learned that lesson about 25 years ago, when the players went to him asking him to fire Bob Hill, because he did the opposite, constantly calling out players in the media for losses, but taking credit for wins.

Here’s one thing I can guarantee you: Pop never failed to tell Luka where he was coming up short, and exactly what he needed to do to earn playing time. He didn’t tell HIM everything was fine, and he was doing well. I’m guessing there was some yelling and shouting in his office on multiple occasions, to the point where he just realized Luka was never going to get it.
    The cool thing is I could go back and tell you the exact day and time I became a Spurs fan were I so inclined to go look it up.

It was after the Spurs drafted DRob. My aunt wanted to go down to the Riverwalk and see all the Christmas lights, so we all did one night, and it just so happens they had DRob in one of the boats. I think it was around the Texas Sesquicentenial in 1986 or therabouts. Think maybe he had yet to start his military obligations with the Navy or something and he was set to go away for a few years and you could sense the excitementin the crowd for this legend in waiting to suit them up for the local fans. I was like 10 or so probably. I didn't even know I was a Spurs fan until that night and I saw how big he was, and he waved back at me. You could say THAT was the precise moment. So to answer your question, about 36 or 37 yrs. And pop not throwing a kid under a bus has zero corollary to heaping praise on him for his recent play, at that time, last season. Then forgetting he even existed for a month. That is wrong and is bound to make a young international kid become schizophrenic.
    Last edited by offset formation; 12-08-2021 at 09:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cool thing is I could go back and tell you the exact day and time I became a Spurs fan were I so inclined to go look it up.

It was after the Spurs drafted DRob. My aunt wanted to go down to the Riverwalk and see all the Christmas lights, so we all did one night, and it just so happens they had DRob in one of the boats. I think it was around the Texas Sesquicentenial in 1986 or therabouts. Think maybe he had yet to start his military obligations with the Navy or something and he was set to go away for a few years and you could sense the excitementin the crowd for this legend in waiting to suit them up for the local fans. I was like 10 or so probably. I didn't even know I was a Spurs fan until that night and I saw how big he was, and he waved back at me. You could say THAT was the precise moment. So to answer your question, about 36 or 37 yrs. And pop not throwing a kid under a bus has zero corollary to heaping praise on him for his recent play, at that time, last season. Then forgetting he even existed for a month. That is wrong and is bound to make a young international kid become schizophrenic.
    He just heaped praise on him to the NY media. Do you think he meant it, any more than he did last year? Nope. Even being noncommittal would be something he wouldn’t do. That could be taken as shade, throwing him under the bus.

Why hasn’t he gotten a call up? Jerricho Simms, their other 2Way, has played in 8 games, about 7 minutes per contest. He’s not spent one minute with the Westchester affiliate. He’s only averaging like 1p and 2r, but their coaching staff prefers him to Samanic, who’s currently destroying the gleague. Is NY misusing him, too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude can't catch a break. he finally would have had an opportunity to see what he can offer the knicks with real minutes, due to all the players out because of COVID protocol. but he's out with a "sore foot".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he done anything of note in an actual NBA game yet? No?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand one could assume by default the knicks franchise is doing the exact wrong thing with all of their players including luka jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand one could assume by default the knicks franchise is doing the exact wrong thing with all of their players including luka jr
    Or, maybe all of the NBA franchises who come in contact with him AREN’T wrong, and a bunch of interweb jockeys ARE.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, maybe all of the NBA franchises who come in contact with him AREN’T wrong, and a bunch of interweb jockeys ARE.
    It could be both

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the impression he was one of those tall kids growing up and he got pushed into bball even though he didnt want it. We’ve seen many 6’10 and over players like that: tall, decent talent, but no heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not likely, since the internet jockeys seem to think he’s being held down, and the teams don’t seem interested in giving him much time for reasons. I doubt THEY think they’re holding him down, more like he hasn’t earned it. Opposites. Not both true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sat behind him at a Spurs game his rookie year and he was wearing $1K shoes and no socks. They were literally blue suede shoes. I laughed a little and thought of Elvis. Then I ordered a beer and watched the rest of the game. We lost. I think I had a burger later that night, and went to bed after watching the late news.

Yep. That happened. True story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sat behind him at a Spurs game his rookie year and he was wearing $1K shoes and no socks. They were literally blue suede shoes. I laughed a little and thought of Elvis. Then I ordered a beer and watched the rest of the game. We lost. I think I had a burger later that night, and went to bed after watching the late news.

youve got a future in storytelling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But did you step on them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which NBA team will Luka be tearing it up for this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which NBA team will Luka be tearing it up for this year?
    How many NBA teams are in Serbia?

Thread Information