Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with OP, only because his waiving was necessitated by the signing of Bryan Forbes.
    Yeah, I'd rather have him than Bryn on the team... It's quite possible Samanic will never make it in the NBA, but I'd rather the potential in him than the finished product of Bryn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah signing Forbes and then apparently having a plan to trade Young that never materialized really caused a roster crunch. Although note Luka hasn't played and no one has picked up Aminu. Hopefully the Zollins signing doesn't also end up as a Forbes situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah signing Forbes and then apparently having a plan to trade Young that never materialized really caused a roster crunch. Although note Luka hasn't played and no one has picked up Aminu. Hopefully the Zollins signing doesn't also end up as a Forbes situation.
    Narrator: It will [and already has].

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with OP, only because his waiving was necessitated by the signing of Bryan Forbes.
    His waiving was necessitated by the signing of KBD, who was on a 2 way the early part of the summer, but was upgraded to an NBA contract. Hmmm. Wonder why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD is terrible by the way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic shouldn't have been a lazy, -up, right-wing loser. He'd be getting playing time right now if he wasn't a lunatic who wanted everything handed to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say Pop leaves players on the bench when they have skills and positive at udes ...if you think about Diop getting some play lately. It's clear that Pop and coaches think Diop is better than Saminich.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic shouldn't have been a lazy, -up, right-wing loser. He'd be getting playing time right now if he wasn't a lunatic who wanted everything handed to him.
    For real? He was a right wing fanatic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats OP, this was easily one of the worst observations and questions I have ever seen posed on this forum. I couldn't disagree more. Luka Sammich turned out to be a terrible draft pick and I felt he shouldn't have been here as long as he was. He was one of the worst additions to this team in recent memory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs added a lot of bigs this past summer and McDermott who can shoot. They had none of those guys last season and they still wanted no part of Luka. He’s still 2 years away and as I said back then may never put things together bc it turns out he has a low motor and bad at ude.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should have tanked and draft morant/rj barret/herro/ rui etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The Spurs don't need to simp for dudes like that. They'll be in position to draft high-end talent every year for a while, and they can get guys with similar potential with fewer red flags. There's no reason for someone to cling desperately to scratch-offs from a ty convenience store when they are getting a six-figure salary already.
    Right, if the Spurs land in the top 4 they'll likely have an opportunity to draft a better prospect than Samanic with a higher ceiling. Three of the top 4 players in the Stepien's (tier 1) prospect rankings is a PF/C, while 5 more also have PF/C size in tier 2.

I hate to see the Spurs losing, but a high - end PF/C prospect is badly, badly needed at this point.

Plus, if someone emerges out of the G - League then they can possibly take a flier on them.

, I think Cam Oliver is available and he could likely give you some production with energy, hustle and some shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really need a starting PF and a bench/ playable PF. KBD ain’t the answer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really need a starting PF and a bench/ playable PF. KBD ain’t the answer
    KJ, McLovin and Vassell not cutting it? Average height of 6’6, 215lbs lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually it's the other side that wants everything handed to them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually it's the other side that wants everything handed to them
    tax breaks say otherwise

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    For real? He was a right wing fanatic?
    Wouldn't say a fanatic but he was following conservative personalities on IG. There was also a post last year about him treating an essential worker very badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka dropped 17 pts in 19 minutes of play, going 7 of 10 from the field, in his Knicks G-League debut last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka dropped 17 pts in 19 minutes of play, going 7 of 10 from the field, in his Knicks G-League debut last night.
    the key isn't how luka performs in the g-league; he had several stellar outings for the austin spurs. for luka, it all comes down to how he plays in the NBA. that he is still in the g-league is a concern in of itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the key isn't how luka performs in the g-league; he had several stellar outings for the austin spurs. for luka, it all comes down to how he plays in the NBA. that he is still in the g-league is a concern in of itself.
    He just got to their organization. This was his first game with their G-league affiliate. Have no doubt that if he plays well there, they'll bring him up to the Knicks.

And also have no doubt that if he shows he can play there, he will play. Unlike here where Pop went from praising his NBA play one game -- even saying he was earning more minutes -- then promptly sitting his ass for like 12 straight games thereafter, without even garbage time.

I have a feeling the Spurs royally screwed up his situation because he rubbed pop the wrong way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quitters are gonna quit. Good riddance, but wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tax breaks say otherwise
    the left is literally in favor of big government, handouts, social programs, high taxes, government dependence, etc.

also, tax breaks only work for one side of the political spectrum? lolwtf what a ty attempt at a counterpoint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just got to their organization. This was his first game with their G-league affiliate. Have no doubt that if he plays well there, they'll bring him up to the Knicks.

And also have no doubt that if he shows he can play there, he will play. Unlike here where Pop went from praising his NBA play one game -- even saying he was earning more minutes -- then promptly sitting his ass for like 12 straight games thereafter, without even garbage time.

I have a feeling the Spurs royally screwed up his situation because he rubbed pop the wrong way.
    time will tell but i'd be surprised if luka carves out a rotation spot with the knicks.

Thread Information