Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think his behind the back dribbles into crowds would have solved anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G-League highlight reels?
    32/10 on 12/23 shooting is nothing to sneeze at given we don't have any 21 year olds in the Spurs pipeline doing it, aside from Primo...you seem to think the Spurs talent cup runneth over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say that Luka's timing looks improved and he's exhibiting more patience with his shots inside the paint. I need to see it done in the NBA though and I'm not going to hold my breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coachovich cut him because of one lazy play in the middle of the preseason vs Orlando of all teams. I don't think any other coach would've done that cutting nose spiting face move. Only one with no threat of losing his job even if he posted five straight 60 loss seasons.

Oh and someone made a crack about Dejuan Blair. The same Blair who started most of that 2011 season with the Spurs being 36-5 at one point only for coach to bench him at the end and get an L from 8th seed for the trouble.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32/10 on 12/23 shooting is nothing to sneeze at given we don't have any 21 year olds in the Spurs pipeline doing it, aside from Primo...you seem to think the Spurs talent cup runneth over.
    Can you believe Pop let this guy go? 70 points, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts after the summer signings and trades were that it was going to come down to Sammich or Eubanks, and at least Eubanks tries. Sammich is a lazy ass, and there’s no spinning or fixing that.
    I think there might have been a couple other players talked about. I dont get why they signed some of the players they signed though. Even if they thought they had a trade lined up why did they not complete the trade. this would be 2 times recently that something was supposed to happened but didnt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts after the summer signings and trades were that it was going to come down to Sammich or Eubanks, and at least Eubanks tries. Sammich is a lazy ass, and there’s no spinning or fixing that.
    I think it was probably just the Spurs saying this guy is a bust, let's not have to pay him for another year when he's not an NBA level player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and someone made a crack about Dejuan Blair. The same Blair who started most of that 2011 season with the Spurs being 36-5 at one point only for coach to bench him at the end and get an L from 8th seed for the trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson averaged 21 points, 8 boards, nearly 5 assists, and shot 36% from 3. The gleague isn’t a valid measuring stick for NBA success. It is, however, a teaching tool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coachovich cut him because of one lazy play in the middle of the preseason vs Orlando of all teams. I don't think any other coach would've done that cutting nose spiting face move. Only one with no threat of losing his job even if he posted five straight 60 loss seasons.

The camels back didn’t break from the last straw alone. Video of his early first year in Austin shows the same . Exasperation at a missed shot or a no call delaying his transition back on D, which never got above a slow trot, hanging his teammates out to dry, 4 on 5. His laziness isn’t a new development or a one time thing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson averaged 21 points, 8 boards, nearly 5 assists, and shot 36% from 3. The gleague isn’t a valid measuring stick for NBA success. It is, however, a teaching tool.
    You might want to pick someone other then Anderson to say is bad. He was a solid starter for memphis last year and is not doign bad this year. now if your saying that he looked good there but is not an allstar that is a better point but I dont think most people are thinking they will get the same stats in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might want to pick someone other then Anderson to say is bad. He was a solid starter for memphis last year and is not doign bad this year. now if your saying that he looked good there but is not an allstar that is a better point but I dont think most people are thinking they will get the same stats in the NBA.
    Kyle got decent in about year 6. People here are calling Keldon a bust a few games into season 3.

It took that long for his shooting to translate. I actually liked him here, but he was unplayable in lineups without good long distance shooting. He was REVILED here, for the most part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were so desperate for this guy to be good we cheered when he he got 3 rebounds. He was not good unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were so desperate for this guy to be good we cheered when he he got 3 rebounds. He was not good unfortunately.
    No one knows. All we know is Pop did not play him. If you suck Pop, you believe Luca is trash. If you think Pop has organic brain syndrome then you say the jury is still out on Luca.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you believe Pop let this guy go? 70 points, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds!

So basically Pop singlehandedly got rid of a potential 100 points a game between jimmer and Luka?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one knows. All we know is Pop did not play him. If you suck Pop, you believe Luca is trash. If you think Pop has organic brain syndrome then you say the jury is still out on Luca.
    Pretty much spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28 GMs disagreed with you. That’s how many didn’t even offer a minimum NBA contract. Actually, 29 didn’t but one team took pity on him, and offered him a 2 way. He was a #19 pick from 2 drafts previous, and already had guaranteed money for this year from SA, so he would accept minimum. Nearly free to take a flier on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he's a solid NBA veteran. Hard to walk away from a cheap extension we could have had on Samanic given he's 22 and potentially capable of being a solid NBA contributer for years to come. We'll see how it plays out but Samanic showed great flashes in very limited minutes last year. It'll hurt bad if he turns into even a reliable bench guy in NY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he's a solid NBA veteran. Hard to walk away from a cheap extension we could have had on Samanic given he's 22 and potentially capable of being a solid NBA contributer for years to come. We'll see how it plays out but Samanic showed great flashes in very limited minutes last year. It'll hurt bad if he turns into even a reliable bench guy in NY.
    We didn’t fail to reach an extension. He was a year away from that option. They cut him so that they didn’t have to pick up his year four single season option. He was that bad.

He’s played 0 games for the Knicks, and only 1 game for their gleague affiliate. I think you’re safe from hurt. Thibs is probably even less tolerant of laziness and half assed effort than Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28 GMs disagreed with you. That’s how many didn’t even offer a minimum NBA contract. Actually, 29 didn’t but one team took pity on him, and offered him a 2 way. He was a #19 pick from 2 drafts previous, and already had guaranteed money for this year from SA, so he would accept minimum. Nearly free to take a flier on.
    JFC ex, way to take a wet on boomer snowflakes butthurt with Pop not being one of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Matisse Thybulle at 19. He went one pick later at 20, and he's now become a destrutive force on the defensive end. The best overall defender in the league now, and most likely for the foreseeable future. I'm glad we got Vassell, but I don't think he'll ever become a defensive monster like Thybulle. But Vassell has more potential on the offensive side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Matisse Thybulle at 19. He went one pick later at 20, and he's now become a destrutive force on the defensive end. The best overall defender in the league now, and most likely for the foreseeable future. I'm glad we got Vassell, but I don't think he'll ever become a defensive monster like Thybulle. But Vassell has more potential on the offensive side.
    I kind of liked him, too, but he’s almost 25, and is still only playing 24 mpg. Supposedly, he couldn’t play much, because he and Simmons were a bad combination, shooting wise, but Simmons ain’t playing at all, and Matisse got a whole 4 minute bump. He’s a gimmick one way player. With Poeltl, DJ, Devin, and White, we don’t lack for defense. If Philly had drafted a scoring machine at #20, your case would be more valid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    summed everything up very nicely with this post.

maybe Luka will turn it around and prove to be an NBA player but not many teams thought so after given a chance with the Spurs.

The way he plays in the G League doesn’t really translate (like I stated in the g league and his dedicated thread when he played better in Austin last year) to the way NBA teams will actually use him. His post offense and passing isn’t advanced enough to be looked at as a #1 or 2 option in the NBA.

the only way he will make an NBA roster and actually get real minutes is playing as a role player but you can tell that he thinks he is better than that. He has to be able to play good defense and hit the open 3 on a good number of attempts and a good percentage to get run in the NBA. This was also something I stated in his thread in the past and some posters laughed at me. SMH.

I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he figures out that he isn’t a star and embraces being a role player and he might make the NBA and get actual run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that he had a guaranteed contract for this season and we are still paying him his salary. Even if he is a bust, cutting him was the wrong move, especially because it could've been avoided had we simply not signed Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that he had a guaranteed contract for this season and we are still paying him his salary. Even if he is a bust, cutting him was the wrong move, especially because it could've been avoided had we simply not signed Bryn Forbes.
    Not cutting him would have meant guaranteeing another $4M for NEXT year. We’re only paying him for THIS season, $3M. The deadline for the team’s year four option was fast approaching. He had to go. As the old saying goes, when a shirt’s dirty, it’s dirty.

It’s really dumb to think it was Forbes that pushed him out. It was the conversion of KBDs 2 way to an NBA contract that opened the door.

Thread Information