Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka with 29, 9 and 3 last night on 12-19 shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka with 29, 9 and 3 last night on 12-19 shooting.
    For d league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt you hear? hes the new starter in NY?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this is coming from a guy who agrees with what advanced metrics had to say about Poeltl. Folks are coming around now to his contributions to the team because the counting stats are catching up. Those three men in the Ahmaud Arbery trial were not found guilty because of one piece of evidence, but multiple. Reasoning skills need to come into play when interpreting stats.
    He still clogs the driving lanes and is a total non-en y for the defense to worry about. They don’t even try to guard him when he gets the ball 10 feet from the basket and just double the person he does his little hand off to. He also doesn’t run towards the rim or get in peoples way during fast breaks. Like if the dude would just hustle more and get in people’s way in the break then our guys could have more easy opportunities. For all the good Poeltl does he just isn’t a starting center on a good team in today’s NBA (save for the Nets)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok? And he posted a -18 and they lost by 25 to Maine??? Not winning basketball . . . still would take him over Forbes, though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok? And he posted a -18 and they lost by 25 to Maine??? Not winning basketball . . . still would take him over Forbes, though.
    They could be a bad team. You can have good (for league standards) players on bad teams. PLus minus stats can be very misleading. as a bad player on a good team could verry easily have a better +- stat then a good player on a bad team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gleague mirage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be Very Happy if Primo had numbers close to his - Yeah I understand that it’s his 3rd year and Primo is just so young but still if you don’t dominate G League usually means you don’t belong in NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It almost sounds like he might be getting better coaching…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be Very Happy if Primo had numbers close to his - Yeah I understand that it’s his 3rd year and Primo is just so young but still if you don’t dominate G League usually means you don’t belong in NBA
    You touch on the 2 year experience edge, and then completely discount it. You shouldn’t. Primo will be fine, he’s just not ready yet. He’s basically a year younger than Sammich was when he got here, and just as inexperienced. The difference is between the ears. Next year, Primo will be in the rotation. The year after, he’ll be a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats to back this up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It almost sounds like he might be getting better coaching…
    More fire in the belly after the cut, yes. But a cut that shouldnt have happened on the basis of talent. If anyone should have been cut, it was Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The camels back didn’t break from the last straw alone. Video of his early first year in Austin shows the same . Exasperation at a missed shot or a no call delaying his transition back on D, which never got above a slow trot, hanging his teammates out to dry, 4 on 5. His laziness isn’t a new development or a one time thing.
    Sounds like DeRozan and Forbes

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but you have suggested we are tanking this year, so who cares if the production is a mirage? Also, he never more than one Bubble game got minutes. He very well could carve out an NBA role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but you have suggested we are tanking this year, so who cares if the production is a mirage? Also, he never more than one Bubble game got minutes. He very well could carve out an NBA role.
    The thing is, we’re STEALTH tanking. If you give minutes to a player who never runs back on D, you blow the cover. All of our guys try hard and give effort.

NY is treading water, just above .500. Why aren’t they calling him up? Are they mean? Are they mismanaging the situation?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, we’re STEALTH tanking. If you give minutes to a player who never runs back on D, you blow the cover. All of our guys try hard and give effort.

NY is treading water, just above .500. Why aren’t they calling him up? Are they mean? Are they mismanaging the situation?
    NY barely knows him. We already invested two years in him. Huge difference.

As for STEALTH tanking, that seems awkward to imply and impossible to prove. But I admit, the team is likely trying to find some sort of non-commital middle ground like usual.

As for Luka playing, his lack of D seems like a weak criteria for him not to play even for a team in “stealth” mode as you suggest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY barely knows him. We already invested two years in him. Huge difference.

As for STEALTH tanking, that seems awkward to imply and impossible to prove. But I admit, the team is likely trying to find some sort of non-commital middle ground like usual.

As for Luka playing, his lack of D seems like a weak criteria for him not to play even for a team in “stealth” mode as you suggest.
    Defense, other than not getting back in transition, is not his weakness. His offense is jacked. He can’t shoot the 3 or handle the ball as well as he thinks he can.

If he can’t shoot the 3 ball in the NBA at least at a 33-34% rate, he won’t have an NBA career. The modern game requires it.

He just has enough holes in his game to not tolerate effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Hairston tore up the G-League too. He also wasn't an asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic did this before. Wait until he has to hustle, play defense and be accountable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me know when he does anything close to that in an actual NBA game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand all the hate for Samanic in this thread. The guy is balling and he's on our payroll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this G-League dominance is sure to translate to the NBA, this is what I've been told to justify Primo being in the G League. The Knicks got a steal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this G-League dominance is sure to translate to the NBA, this is what I've been told to justify Primo being in the G League. The Knicks got a steal!

this proves the benefits of g league for guys who are clearly not ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think anyone said that, in fact the opposite was said regarding players like Kyle Anderson, who owned the gleague. What was said regarding Primo was that it was a place to learn without the fate of the franchise being on his shoulders every minute. The Spurs view it like baseball’s instructional league.

Thread Information