Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought I heard Sean say he's with the team now. They're hoping he'll be ready for the Clippers game, if not it's a certainty that he'll suit up for the one after that.
    Yeah, he was on the bench during the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to hear people's opinions on Jakob's contract and impact on the team now that he's been out a couple games, tbh. Top 2 best player for the team yet he's "not even a starting C"... Let's hear it.

I'm really surprised he's been made to miss so many games already, even when supposedly vaxxed, and no reports of him actually getting COVID, just out for protocol. Spurs have absolutely no chance of winning games with him out and relying on Eubanks or Thad full-time. I'm smelling some CIA Pop in here - modern equivalent of Robinson's foot injury if he keeps missing games...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm smelling some CIA Pop in here - modern equivalent of Robinson's foot injury if he keeps missing games...?
    Would definitely explain some of Pop's subs ution moves, resigning Bryn Forbes, and the team taking it's foot off the gas of several games in which we had every chance of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we lose vs mini ill believe this intentional tanking conspiracy theory bs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to keep this guy on the bench so we can keep losing. He would have made a difference in all the games played where he was out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle power is fckn back baaaby!! No more excuses for spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/contract...of-the-season/

Basically says Poeltl is among the best contract values in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he and Murray easily,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good thing we helped train him up to get 20mm away from us in 2023. He is great value but the value for wins was lost during a dark period for this team. If PATFO was smart they’d monetize Jak before we can’t afford (or care) to retain him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing we helped train him up to get 20mm away from us in 2023. He is great value but the value for wins was lost during a dark period for this team. If PATFO was smart they’d monetize Jak before we can’t afford (or care) to retain him.
    A lot can happen in almost two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot can happen in almost two seasons.
    Agreed, but between our draft capital and cap flexibility monetizing some of these guys is something to keep an eye on. Players like Jak will only cost more. I’m not about paying most guys more to still be lottery bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but between our draft capital and cap flexibility monetizing some of these guys is something to keep an eye on. Players like Jak will only cost more. I’m not about paying most guys more to still be lottery bound.
    Spurs need SOME talent on the team, and have a payroll they have to fill.

You can't just fill the team with GLeague guys, get a #1 draft pick, and suddenly become a contender. The reason the Spurs did well when they drafted Robinson or Duncan or Kawhi is they already HAD talent to put around them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where did you get that peculiar notion? It appears you know nothing about NBA salaries.

How many NBA centers are making 20M or more, and who are they? Do you know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You need to look up the word “monetize.” Or just not use it.

Running Poeltl through a stamping machine, to turn him into quarters, would probably get the Spurs charged with homicide, since it’s unlikely he would survive that.

But seriously, look it up.

The Spurs are already deriving income from Poeltl, since he is part of fielding a team, which results in tv revenue, ticket sales, etc. By the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to look up the word “monetize.” Or just not use it.

Running Poeltl through a stamping machine, to turn him into quarters, would probably get the Spurs charged with homicide, since it’s unlikely he would survive that.

But seriously, look it up.

The Spurs are already deriving income from Poeltl, since he is part of fielding a team, which results in tv revenue, ticket sales, etc. By the way.
    You clearly did look up the word and are only capable of using literary terms based on their resulting google search definition. My argument is let’s extract value from what Jak has become before we are forced to pay him market value. Right now we have a player who is outperforming his contract by a wide margin and will cost us considerably more to retain. Myles Turner, Christian Wood, Jonas V, Jarrett Allen, Clint Capella are all great comps who are making considerably more and will make around ~20mm on their next deal if not currently making around that now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need SOME talent on the team, and have a payroll they have to fill.

You can't just fill the team with GLeague guys, get a #1 draft pick, and suddenly become a contender. The reason the Spurs did well when they drafted Robinson or Duncan or Kawhi is they already HAD talent to put around them.
    David Robinson had no talent around him after his first year basically until TD showed up.

My argument is Jak will cost considerably more next contract so I’d consider selling high versus paying him market value to retain him in the 2023 offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly did look up the word and are only capable of using literary terms based on their resulting google search definition. My argument is let’s extract value from what Jak has become before we are forced to pay him market value. Right now we have a player who is outperforming his contract by a wide margin and will cost us considerably more to retain. Myles Turner, Christian Wood, Jonas V, Jarrett Allen, Clint Capella are all great comps who are making considerably more and will make around ~20mm on their next deal if not currently making around that now.
    Steven Adams, Brook Lopez, Miles Plumlee, Lauri Mark…

All of these guys are 14-20mm. You din’t think Jak will command a substantial raise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shocker, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly did look up the word …
    You are mistaken.

…and are only capable of using literary terms based on their resulting google search definition.
    You are mistaken.

You should also look up the word “literary.” You don’t know what a “literary” term is.

My argument is let’s extract value from what Jak has become before we are forced to pay him market value. …
    He is being paid his market value now. You do not know what a “market value” is.

He was a restricted free agent. That is, he was on the market. He and the Spurs agreed on his current contract. That is his market value.

The “market value” is not just your own personal half-assed guess at value. It is the value that is actually paid, in a real transaction in the marketplace. You are parroting words you have heard, or read, but that you do not understand.

Right now we have a player who is outperforming his contract by a wide margin …
    No, he is not.

Poeltl does not shoot the 3 at all, and his FT% is currently .370, which is shockingly bad. If you imagine that NBA teams have a high demand for such players, it is a certainty that you are quite wrong.

NBA teams want 3pt shooters now, as I’m sure you know, and they are not lining up to sign players who shoot FTs at .370.

Myles Turner, Christian Wood, Jonas V, Jarrett Allen, Clint Capella are all great comps …
    They are foolish comps. Idiotic comps. C’mon.

Turner shoots the 3 at 40%, FTs at .698, and his blocks per game is more than twice Poeltl’s.

Allen shoots better than Poeltl, rebounds better, and of course he is much better at the FT line.

Wood’s 3pt shooting this year is down some, at .333 so far, but he shot the 3 at .374 last year on 5 attempts per game, he is out rebounding Poeltl this year, and of course he is also better for FTs.

You claim it’s a “great comp” for Poeltl with a player who has shot .374 from 3 pt range on 5 apg. That is beyond stupid.

Get serious.

Jonas out rebounds Poeltl, and greatly outscores him, by more than 6 ppg, and shoots FTs at .859.

Capela is a little closer, but he out rebounds Poeltl, blocks better, and even tho Capela is a lousy FT shooter, he’s still better than Poeltl.

None of those comps is any good at all.

…who are making considerably more and will make around ~20mm on their next deal if not currently making around that now.
    That is sheer make believe. Centers are not in style, especially lousy FT shooters who don’t shoot the 3 at all, and only ten centers in the NBA are being paid more than 14M this season. Teams don’t want centers they all want Steph Curry.

Your fears are unfounded. You might have to give up a 2nd round pick to trade Poeltl now, at his current contract, and take a loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodles definitely getting a raise but he deserves it

Thread Information