Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    not so sure about Baltimore, but GB/PIT are undoubtedly Goodell's Favorite teams. Bet he creamed his pants over that ghastly 2011 super bowl.
    The league spent years lionizing Ray Lewis notwithstanding the fact he literally killed two people. Definitely not as much as GB/PITT but the Ravens are definitely on the league’s favorite list.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    The league spent years lionizing Ray Lewis notwithstanding the fact he literally killed two people. Definitely not as much as GB/PITT but the Ravens are definitely on the league’s favorite list.
    Ray Rice has one of the most disturbing domestic violence cases ever, and Goodell tried to let the Ravens skate by on a 2 game suspension and a standing ovation at training camp

And then he literally fabricated evidence to suspend Brady for hurting John Harbaugh’s feelings.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ray Lewis is in the same situation as Deshaun Watson. No concrete evidence he killed people. Same for Zeke and the so called woman violence, yet he gets 6 games for a he-said-she-said. WTF.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Ray Lewis is in the same situation as Deshaun Watson. No concrete evidence he killed people. Same for Zeke and the so called woman violence, yet he gets 6 games for a he-said-she-said. WTF.
    So that’s my point. Ray Lewis killed people and got no suspension for it. Zeke Elliott allegedly ripped a girl’s shirt at the Greenville St. Patrick’s Day parade and got multiple games for it. Kinda a double standard

and yeah as Thanos said there was a smoking gun proving Ray Rice beat the out of his fiancé and he only got 2 games for it. A proportional punishment would have been at least 12 games for Rice if Zeke got 6 games for unproven allegations.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So that’s my point. Ray Lewis killed people and got no suspension for it. Zeke Elliott allegedly ripped a girl’s shirt at the Greenville St. Patrick’s Day parade and got multiple games for it. Kinda a double standard

and yeah as Thanos said there was a smoking gun proving Ray Rice beat the out of his fiancé and he only got 2 games for it. A proportional punishment would have been at least 12 games for Rice if Zeke got 6 games for unproven allegations.
    Ray Rice originally got 2 games but then was suspended for the year and never played another down in the NFL, despite being RB1 on a recent Super Bowl winning team.

From Wikipedia:

2013 season

In 2013, Rice got off to a slow start due to injury. In Week 11, Rice had his best game of the season, rushing for 131 yards on 25 carries in the Ravens 23–20 overtime loss to the Chicago Bears.[76] He rushed for 660 yards on 214 carries for four touchdowns in the 2013 season.[77]
    2014 season

While on suspension for his domestic violence case, Rice was released by the Ravens on September 8, 2014. After the public release of the video of the incident from TMZ, the NFL announced he was suspended indefinitely; moreover, the Ravens recalled all Rice items from their pro shop as well as other known stores nationwide, and announced an exchange program the day after.[78][79] Shortly after, it was announced that Rice would appeal the suspension on the grounds that he was suspended twice for the same offense, which is a violation of league rules.[80] On November 28, 2014, it was announced that he won his appeal to be reinstated in the NFL.[81]
    On January 15, 2015, Rice and the Ravens reportedly agreed to settle his lawsuit against the team. He had sued for $3.529 million in back pay that he would have earned for the final 15 weeks after serving the NFL's two-game suspension.[82][83] The settlement came immediately before the hearing was to begin in Baltimore, effectively ending the litigation between Rice and the Ravens.[82][83] In 2016, he vowed to donate all of that season's salary to domestic violence charities if he were signed by a team, but he remained unsigned.[84] In 2018, Rice announced that his football career was over.[85]

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude is from Chico, shouldn't be too surprised

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Weird trolling to say Lewis literally killed people when he literally didn't. Donte Stallworth literally killed someone. Ruggs literally killed someone. Hernandez literally killed someone. Lewis by any account, did not.

It's absurd to claim the Ravens have historically been a favorite team of the league when they were black sheep for years due to the Browns move. I do think they have become somewhat Patriots-like under Harbaugh, but they definitely weren't before.

Rice got a standard DV suspension prior to the video. That's what changed the rule for him and everyone else.

EDIT (since I was fixing typos anyway): Why does Ravens fans clapping for Rice mean the League favored the team historically? It was just a bad take. It's pretty easy to come up with more ways the league has specifically favored New England than Baltimore, especially pre-2012 (when Harbaugh solidified himself as a legit coach)
    Last edited by Chinook; 11-07-2021 at 03:36 AM.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Just because Ray “White Suit” Lewis took a deal and snitched on his buddies doesn’t mean he didn’t kill anyone. I guess OJ didn’t kill anybody either.
    Last edited by Thanos; 11-06-2021 at 07:04 PM.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

most classless fans on the planet.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I loved the Aaron Rodgers interview tbh. I myself am vaccinated bc why not? The food I eat is waaaay more deadly than a vaccine. But to Rodgers, a guy who actually takes care of himself, knows every little thing that goes into his body, his whole job depends on it and he has the means to have a medical team in his corner, I can see why he didn’t take it

The media is hilarious though and throwing a fit about it bc he only lied to them and made them ALL look stupid. Dude told his coworkers, his boss, and his bosses boss. Good enough for me.

Also the media is pretending like no we wouldn’t ever had said anything negative about you if you didn’t get the vaccine. That would never happen. Who the is lying now

If he said that "this body that I've worked on is worth too much to risk on some method (mRna) that just came out" I'd disagree but I'd understand. His health is worth millions of dollars so he has a reason to monitor what he puts in. But he didn't say that, he went full hydroxycroroquine ivermectin dumbass.

This will probably amount to nothing fine or suspension wise which is fine by me as the whining and persecution complex bull from MAGA would be so goddamn annoying

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If he said that "this body that I've worked on is worth too much to risk on some method (mRna) that just came out" I'd disagree but I'd understand. His health is worth millions of dollars so he has a reason to monitor what he puts in. But he didn't say that, he went full hydroxycroroquine ivermectin dumbass.
    I honestly think he was trolling people with that part of the interview. The dude said 10 times he spoke with doctors and his medical team about treatment. He then brought up Rogan once and said he listened to ol Joe, but that look in his eye just made it seem like he was messing around. He really likes poking the left apparently. That’s what I took from that statement

Again, if he told his coworkers, his coach, his GM, and Goodell himself then who did Aaron Rodgers lie to? Only the media. Who is the one really pissed off at him? The media bc he showed how stupid they are. That’s what I find hilarious about the whole thing. They are now hardcore assassinating his character bc they realize oh he didn’t actually break any protocols and everyone important in the organization and league knew about it

Now whether or not you agree with his reasons or not is a different matter but a persons reason doesn’t have to be smart. He just said that the vaccine isn’t for him and I actually agree with him bc the dude is in the top .001% of the world when it comes to health and taking care of his body.

lol karen rodgers

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    He has always been a gadfly and an iconoclast.
    The dude is not dumb, he just likes attention.
    This is unsurprising for me. I think he has been a great QB but he is just craves controversy and attention with his nice guy personality.
    Like watching him play but he is needy. And never willing to take the real blame he deserves.

Still one of the great athletes playing QB. I think he could have played LB had he decided to, he was that physically talented.

Post Count
    While GB works on life after Karen Rodgers, they need to worry about finding a vaccinated field goal kicker and several special team players.

Post Count
    He has always been a gadfly and an iconoclast.
    The dude is not dumb, he just likes attention.
    This is unsurprising for me. I think he has been a great QB but he is just craves controversy and attention with his nice guy personality.
    Like watching him play but he is needy. And never willing to take the real blame he deserves.

Still one of the great athletes playing QB. I think he could have played LB had he decided to, he was that physically talented.
    couldn't agree more. rodgers is definitely a diva.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    I honestly think he was trolling people with that part of the interview. The dude said 10 times he spoke with doctors and his medical team about treatment. He then brought up Rogan once and said he listened to ol Joe, but that look in his eye just made it seem like he was messing around. He really likes poking the left apparently. That’s what I took from that statement

Again, if he told his coworkers, his coach, his GM, and Goodell himself then who did Aaron Rodgers lie to? Only the media. Who is the one really pissed off at him? The media bc he showed how stupid they are. That’s what I find hilarious about the whole thing. They are now hardcore assassinating his character bc they realize oh he didn’t actually break any protocols and everyone important in the organization and league knew about it

Now whether or not you agree with his reasons or not is a different matter but a persons reason doesn’t have to be smart. He just said that the vaccine isn’t for him and I actually agree with him bc the dude is in the top .001% of the world when it comes to health and taking care of his body.
    So, if everyone is in on the lie, including the NFL, what else have they potentially lied about? How soon before the NFL starts losing sponsors?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So, if everyone is in on the lie, including the NFL, what else have they potentially lied about? How soon before the NFL starts losing sponsors?
    How did the NFL lie? They have zero obligation to tell the media that Aaron Rodgers isn't vaccinated. I believe legally they can't make a statement about that without his permission

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    As a packers and Rodgers fan this is a bad look tbh. Real unfortunate

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He showed his MAGA self today. Now he trending on Twitter:

How many games does he get suspended? Fine? What about the Packers - who knew he was lying the whole time?

What a talented knucklehead. SMH
    Tell me why therapeutic vaccines should be mandated.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    How did the NFL lie? They have zero obligation to tell the media that Aaron Rodgers isn't vaccinated. I believe legally they can't make a statement about that without his permission
    They're obligated to enforce their policies across the board, equally. They along with the players union came up with the rules. If the NFL knew and looked the other way, are they incompetent, stupid, or liars?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They're obligated to enforce their policies across the board, equally. They along with the players union came up with the rules. If the NFL knew and looked the other way, are they incompetent, stupid, or liars?
    What a bunch of horse . I take it you don’t actually follow football. The NFL has never (and the Rock means Never) enforced their policies equally across the board since Goodell became commish. Literally every year there’s a story about how they don’t do this . You would know that if you actually followed the sport.

Post Count
    Howard Stern: I say the next time this f---head gets injured on the field," Stern said of Rodgers, "they should bring in Joe Rogan to fix the bones. They should have him treat him. He's the only doctor they should have treat him."

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As a packers and Rodgers fan this is a bad look tbh. Real unfortunate
    For sure. I don't give a if he doesn't want to get vaccinated but he should have been a grownup and just said it and given his reasoning.
    The whole, "I'm immunized" was a pussy move. That being said, I'm pretty surprised that no reporter followed up on how potentially vague that statement is.
    It would have taken one more follow up question to have brought the whole situation to light.

"Is that a yes or no"
    "I'm immunized"

At that point, it would have been clear that he wasn't vaccinated.

Thread Information