Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Let’s use government power to protect and reward our own tribe and other friendly tribes, while punishing enemy tribes. And whether your tribe is friend or enemy is determined by loyalty. And part of the loyalty test is debasement of your own reason for the cause.”
    Most actions I’ve seen over the past seven years are consistent with that ethos.
    I have no idea where you made up that quote from. Even if that terrible "belief" were true, there are still plenty of other beliefs to choose from that are hypocritical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that there really is no underlying political orthodoxy. Everything is up for grabs in the pursuit of power. Which is guess is your point.
    not sure everything is up for grabs, but it is undeniably true that for anyone devoid of principles, anything goes.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always love this argument...you're saying the left is just as guilty because we choose to play by the Roberts' Court's rules instead of roll over and die?

Citizens United was a partisan ruling. Dems didn't want the game this way but now that we're here, we have to play it.
    Well, I didn't vote for Citizens United.

It was wrong. Corporations are not people.

It should be abolished, just like Dobbs v Jackson

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well, I didn't vote for Citizens United.

It was wrong. Corporations are not people.

It should be abolished, just like Dobbs v Jackson
    You vote for the politicians who put judges on the court who agree with Citizens United, and you know this.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    “Let’s use government power to protect and reward our own tribe and other friendly tribes, while punishing enemy tribes. And whether your tribe is friend or enemy is determined by loyalty. And part of the loyalty test is debasement of your own reason for the cause.”
    this literally describes Trumpism to a ing tee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just admit you are an internet warrior and we can end this. I will gladly go to a GTG and prove I'm 6' 3". You are too big of an pussy to ever show your face at an GTG even back when we had them on a regular basis.
    you're really insecure tbh

i mean you're 6'3 and quite wealthy, why do you constantly feel the need to prove yourself to internet randos?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're really insecure tbh

i mean you're 6'3 and quite wealthy, why do you constantly feel the need to prove yourself to internet randos?
    U jealous!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You vote for the politicians who put judges on the court who agree with Citizens United, and you know this.
    I was 16 years old when that decision came down smarty pants.

Yes I voted for Herman Cain (primary) and then Romney in my first-ever chance to vote, but it's not like they were Trump. I've never actually voted for Trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yale grad, multi-millionaire Desantis, like Trash, member of the "elite"

Taking on the elite becomes go-to brand for DeSantis

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3760208-taking-on-the-elite-becomes-go-to-brand-for-desantis

Repug base is ignorant, stupid, gullible as .

Repugs/Desantis/etc aint't gonna touch the elite because they float their boats in elite money river.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis loves the working man, right?

Florida legislators are back in Tallahassee this week, rushing a 123-page rewrite of the state’s property insurance laws through what is expected to be a three-day special session. DeSantis, who urged lawmakers to hold this special session, is expected to sign the bill soon after it passes.

This a sweeping piece of legislation, and it will make a bunch of big changes. The most consequential of those changes will erase what is known as Florida’s “one-way attorney fee” law.

This may sound complicated, but it’s really quite simple.

In most lawsuits, each side usually pays for their own lawyers. But Florida’s one-way attorney fee law allows a policyholder who successfully sues an insurance company that refused to pay a claim to make that insurance company pay their legal bills, too.

This law is essentially a slingshot that David can use to fight Goliath. It’s meant to discourage insurance companies from dragging their feet when a policyholder files a claim — and to ensure those policyholders aren’t punished if they must sue to collect.

“It is an undue hardship upon beneficiaries of policies to be compelled to reduce the amount of their insurance by paying attorney’s fees when suits are necessary in order to collect that to which they are en led,” the Florida Supreme Court once wrote in another opinion addressing Florida’s one-way attorney fee law.

Not surprisingly, insurance companies detest this law. They have been lobbying against it for many years, arguing that the prospect of one-way attorney fees encourages people to sue their insurance company unnecessarily, which drives up costs for everybody else.

The insurance industry has had a lot of success with that argument lately, amid Florida’s latest property insurance crisis. Industry lobbyists have successfully persuaded DeSantis and the Legislature to weaken the one-way attorney fee law twice in the past two years. (Campaign contributions have helped.)

But now they’re just going to eliminate the law altogether.

It’s hard to overstate how momentous a change this is. Florida has had some version of its one-way attorney fee law on the books since at least 1893, according to research by legislative staffers
    https://jasongarcia.substack.com/p/r...egislature-7cb

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I was 16 years old when that decision came down smarty pants.

Yes I voted for Herman Cain (primary) and then Romney in my first-ever chance to vote, but it's not like they were Trump. I've never actually voted for Trump.
    Romney voted to confirm Barrett and he would have nominated judges who agree with Citizens United.

You're being deliberately obtuse and stupid by pretending the vote you cast for president has no impact on whether Citizens United remains the law of the land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis is short, fat and has kind of a nasally, whiny voice at times. Interested to see how he holds in debates with everyone crowning him already like he's the 17 year old Lebron of the Republicans who cant fail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis is short, fat and has kind of a nasally, whiny voice at times. Interested to see how he holds in debates with everyone crowning him already like he's the 17 year old Lebron of the Republicans who cant fail
    Incel Fetterman is morbidly obese and doesn't have a brain and got pulverized in the debate by Dr. Oz

Still, PA, often considered a purple state, voted for him over Dr. Oz by 4.95%. That's a substantial margin

Candidate quality is such a double standard

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Incel Fetterman is morbidly obese and doesn't have a brain and got pulverized in the debate by Dr. Oz

Still, PA, often considered a purple state, voted for him over Dr. Oz by 4.95%. That's a substantial margin

Republican voters give a about stuff like this.

Democrat voters don't.

There's your standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican voters give a about stuff like this.

Democrat voters don't.

There's your standard.
    That tells you all you need to know about the two sides and the USA in a nuts as well as liberals vs. conservatives. Most democrats are "blue no matter who" which is ed while aside from the QAnon alt-right (which is a VAST minority), you've got a lot of conservatives who have second thoughts about voting for fringe cringe christian nationalist candidates like Walker, Dr. Oz, Kari Lake, Trump, Majewski, etc. You've got people on the right like me who stay home because we don't like either candidate.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nope. You don’t like them now because they lost.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That tells you all you need to know about the two sides and the USA in a nuts as well as liberals vs. conservatives. Most democrats are "blue no matter who" which is ed while aside from the QAnon alt-right (which is a VAST minority), you've got a lot of conservatives who have second thoughts about voting for fringe cringe christian nationalist candidates like Walker, Dr. Oz, Kari Lake, Trump, Majewski, etc. You've got people on the right like me who stay home because we don't like either candidate.
    lol no.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL bringing up Mehmet Oz in a talk about candidate quality.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh shut the up, you were raving about how Lake would win by 6-7% and how Majewski would beat Kaptur before the election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey at least i'm not on the qanon train "BUT BUT FRAUD!!! KARI LAKE WON!!! MASTRIANO WON!! THE ELECTIONS WERE RIGGED AND STOLEN AGAIN!! DROPBOXES BALLOT HARVESTS MUH DOMINIONSZES!!! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!!!! THE EARTH IS FLAT!! 9/11 WAS AN FBI JOB!! TRUMP WON 3 TIMES!! MELIANA IS THE MOST CLASSY FIRST LADY SINCE JACQUELINE KENNEDY!! TRUMP / JFK JUNIOR 2024!!! ZOMG THE JEWZ ARE ALL CHINESE LIZARD PEDOPHILES AND HUNTER BIDENsZ LAPTOP IS LITERALLY SATAN GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

Oh shut the up, you were raving about how Lake would win by 6-7% and how Majewski would beat Kaptur before the election.
    That's what the youtube podcasters were saying. All except LTE, who you always bash but he was pretty spot on this cycle.

LOL bringing up Mehmet Oz in a talk about candidate quality.
    Oz Fetterman was truly a show, though Barnette would have lost by an even bigger margin. Parnell/McCormick would have mopped the floor with Fetterman though.

I just thought (and most national peeps too) that Oz was the "normie" pick out of the two even though both candidates were admittedly bizarre. That independents would break Oz by large margins because he was more normie than Fetterman. Turns out.... central and western PA didn't show up to vote hardly at all because Mastriano was branded as a Nazi and Oz was a Muslim and west and central rural/suburban PA is on average Islamophobic and anti-Nazi.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 12-16-2022 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey at least i'm not on the qanon train "BUT BUT FRAUD!!! KARI LAKE WON!!! MASTRIANO WON!! THE ELECTIONS WERE RIGGED AND STOLEN AGAIN!! DROPBOXES BALLOT HARVESTS MUH DOMINIONSZES!!! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!!!! THE EARTH IS FLAT!! 9/11 WAS AN FBI JOB!! TRUMP WON 3 TIMES!! MELIANA IS THE MOST CLASSY FIRST LADY SINCE JACQUELINE KENNEDY!! TRUMP / JFK JUNIOR 2024!!! ZOMG THE JEWZ ARE ALL CHINESE LIZARD PEDOPHILES AND HUNTER BIDENsZ LAPTOP IS LITERALLY SATAN GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

That's what the youtube podcasters were saying. All except LTE, who you always bash but he was pretty spot on this cycle.
    It's a low bar, but you did clear it to be fair.

Also, stop subtweeting Nathan89 that poor losers been through enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Losers ought to not be re-run, with the exception of Laxalt and Zeldin. I think Zeldin has a long term future because he's a normie Republican without being a uniparty RINO shill like Romney/McConnell.

The biggest losers of the 2022 midterms were McConnell, Trump, and Tom Emmer. All 3 of those ought to be thrown in the garbage and lit on fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Losers ought to not be re-run, with the exception of Laxalt and Zeldin. I think Zeldin has a long term future because he's a normie Republican without being a uniparty RINO shill like Romney/McConnell.

The biggest losers of the 2022 midterms were McConnell, Trump, and Tom Emmer. All 3 of those ought to be thrown in the garbage and lit on fire.
    McConnell did fine..unfortunately. I hope you to God you guys are dumb enough to dump his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "McConnell warned us not to do all dumb we did!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say that Laxalt is the only one you can make the case got jobbed. Everything not just the polls pointed to him winning and the voting split was pretty sus. Odd that the national Dems found enough votes for CCM but couldn't get Sisolak (in bent) across the finish line. The national dems and what's left of the Reid machine there are simply still more competent than the NV GOP at ballot harvesting, while in places like CA and NY the GOP are outperforming the Dems in that department.

The rest of the results, there's no fraud to allege. Arizona wouldn't have been close with a normie like Karrin Taylor Robson (R) as the nominee. Qari Lake was literally a female and more dangerous alt-right version of Trump.

McConnell did fine..unfortunately. I hope you to God you guys are dumb enough to dump his ass
    Wrong. He's still the senate minority leader for a reason. Regardless of candidate quality, he failed to fulfill his duty of being a team player and maxing out the money thrown at the key swing races the GOP needed to get the 53 senate seats. He had no reason to waste money on getting Murkowski re-elected in Alaska or in safe red states, defunding Masters/Oz (and Walker until the last minute), etc. Not getting out the early vote for the GOP like DeSantis and co. did in Florida.

Thread Information