Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I was in Arizona for most of June and July this summer; the airwaves were getting blasted with ads from Robson about actual policy and all the things she actually wanted to do as governor, while Lake's ads were just a clip of Trump giving Lake his endorsement while he looked even fatter than he usually does & like he was trying to hold in a .

Lake's primary campaign was almost entirely "Trump endorsed me, vote for me" and it worked. That's the state of the Republican party in Arizona.

Cope and seethe all you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in Arizona for most of June and July this summer; the airwaves were getting blasted with ads from Robson about actual policy and all the things she actually wanted to do as governor, while Lake's ads were just a clip of Trump giving Lake his endorsement while he looked even fatter than he usually does & like he was trying to hold in a .

Lake's primary campaign was almost entirely "Trump endorsed me, vote for me" and it worked. That's the state of the Republican party in Arizona.

Cope and seethe all you want.
    i always thought that Wendy Rogers character was kind of a lone nutter, seems shes just an average GOP voter out there

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your belief that the Arizona GOP has an extremely moderate base isn't rooted in reality. McCain's Arizona GOP is dead and it's not coming back; Kelli Ward's Arizona GOP is here to stay.
    I'm mainly talking about the voter base, not the leaders, elected officials, or fringe candidates.

I was in Arizona for most of June and July this summer
    Sorry to hear that. It was probably 120+. That kind of heat can do a number on the old brain.

the airwaves were getting blasted with ads from Robson about actual policy and all the things she actually wanted to do as governor, while Lake's ads were just a clip of Trump giving Lake his endorsement while he looked even fatter than he usually does & like he was trying to hold in a .

Well that was 2022. Now post the failed midterms Trump has only about half the pull he had before the midterms. He's lost literally roughly half his base. If that primary were held today, Robson would win comfortably and she'd defeat Hobbs too by a comfortable margin, taking Maricopa as well. Also, McCormick would crush both Oz and Fetterman and the GOP would field a decent candidate like Doug Collins in GA, or allow Kemp to hand select the nominee not Cocaine Mitch or Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Scott wouldn't crack 3%, and that's generous.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Rick Scott wouldn't crack 3%, and that's generous.

Rick Scott is a total piece of but he’s kinda right about DeSantis, all RDS really did was finish what Rick Scott started.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis let his ego get the best of him,,,,he's toast now and his numbers will start plummeting. If he has any brains at all he'll bow out and let the Trump train take its course but i doubt he will. This right here is the death blow to his chances,,,,

Ron DeSantis government bans new advanced African American history course (yahoo.com)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis let his ego get the best of him,,,,he's toast now and his numbers will start plummeting. If he has any brains at all he'll bow out and let the Trump train take its course but i doubt he will. This right here is the death blow to his chances,,,,

Ron DeSantis government bans new advanced African American history course (yahoo.com)
    I suggest you move to South America. There are a number of “Trump trains” giving it the “I know I can”

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MAGAA 2024!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Couldn't be more wrong.

Politics is all about timing. DeSantis just turned a purple state, beet red. His time is now.

Trump is worried about going to jail and is hiding out at Mar-a-lago and posting weird videos, sweating profusely and defending himself.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Couldn't be more wrong.

Politics is all about timing. DeSantis just turned a purple state, beet red. His time is now.

Trump is worried about going to jail and is hiding out at Mar-a-lago and posting weird videos, sweating profusely and defending himself.
    Agreed about timing but the first thing about DeSantis turning Florida red is an exaggeration. Florida was purple at the presidential level (even that’s a stretch when Obama and slick Willy were the only two Dem president candidates to win the state in modern history) but it’s had a GOP trifecta at the state level since 1999 and the state Democratic Party in Florida has been a disaster for decades. Jeb Bush built a turnout powerhouse for the Florida GOP, Rick Scott continued it, and DeSantis largely finished what Jeb started.

2022 was the year that the national Dems decided to stop bailing the Florida Dems out at the expense of other states and the results reflected it. We got clapped in Florida but did way better in other purple states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis is afraid of law abiding Floridians.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Never heard of Youngkin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis is afraid of law abiding Floridians.

Trump's main attacking point on DeSantis will inevitably be that he's been generally a moderate on second amendment / gun issues in general throughout his track record as governor and in the house. Florida is a red-flag law state (albeit, a mild one, and certainly not in the same category as, say, CA/IL/NY) and DeSantis hasn't done anything to change that or even make the state as gun-friendly as, say, Georgia, a much bluer state.

Agreed about timing but the first thing about DeSantis turning Florida red is an exaggeration. Florida was purple at the presidential level (even that’s a stretch when Obama and slick Willy were the only two Dem president candidates to win the state in modern history) but it’s had a GOP trifecta at the state level since 1999 and the state Democratic Party in Florida has been a disaster for decades. Jeb Bush built a turnout powerhouse for the Florida GOP, Rick Scott continued it, and DeSantis largely finished what Jeb started.

2022 was the year that the national Dems decided to stop bailing the Florida Dems out at the expense of other states and the results reflected it. We got clapped in Florida but did way better in other purple states.
    DeSantis is an electoral juggernaut and inevitably the GOP surrounding him will have a much better ground game, mail-in vote and early vote turnout game, and ballot-harvesting game than Trump's team ever did. (No more of this QAnon-level "mail in and early votes are only counted for the Dems" business.) That alone should be good enough to win back GA/AZ/NV at least for 2024.

The question mark is will DeSantis be able to reclaim one or more of the great lakes states. You have to at least win Wisconsin which should be a gimme considering demographics, but the GOP has repeatedly screwed the pooch and underperformed there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debunking DeSantis' Boast That 'We Were Right' About Pandemic

running on his results in managing the COVID-19 pandemic, saying,

"We were right, they were wrong."

But the Florida governor's "right" results rank among the worst in the nation.

under DeSantis' leadership, the Sunshine State's results were far worse than nearly every other state in the nation.

Florida ranked ninth in per-capita cases.

Florida ranked 12th in per-capita deaths.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/desantis-covid-2659582630

yet another example that Repugs, right wing hate media, ALL multi-millionaire ELITES,

LIE to their ignorant, stupid, bamboozled base that wants to be lied and pandered to, confirming their hate, misogyny, grievances, xenophobia, racism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't be more wrong.

You posted this in January 2023 and that was his peak time apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Im proved right again,,,,this Desantis is a dumbass and just keeps on going,,,how are his poll numbers doing for all those saying I was wrong?,,,,,LMAO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't be more wrong.

How are DeSantis poll numbers doing now, numbnuts,,,,you were the one who couldnt be more wrong,,,,,,lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon, dumb s,,,,lets see these great Desantis poll numbers and momentum that you think is gonna overtake Trump,,,,,lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Poll Shows Trump Expanding Lead Over DeSantis (msn.com)

Among Republican and Republican-leaning voters, the Quinnipiac GOP primary preference poll found that Trump garnered the support of 46 percent, while DeSantis claimed 32 percent among a list of 14 potential GOP candidates. This represents a four-point swing away from DeSantis from the firm’s February poll.
    In a head-to-head contest between the two for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, the numbers are even more strongly in favor of Trump, with the former president grabbing 51 percent of primary voters as opposed to DeSantis’s 40 percent.
    “DeSantis might be the buzz in the GOP conversation, but for now Trump is seeing no erosion and, in fact, enjoys a bump in his lead in the Republican primary,” Quinnipiac polling analyst Tim Malloy noted in an official statement following publication of the survey.
    The polling further revealed that in a presidential matchup between President Joe Biden and Trump, Biden leads Trump by five percentage points at the moment. However, when Biden faces DeSantis, Biden edges out DeSantis by just a single percentage point.

,,,,,now notice at the end of the article that the liberal media is starting to set their agenda,,,,they want DeSantis,,,,they want republicans to believe he has a better shot against Biden. Let me ask you this,,,,do you think DeSantis can get 74 million votes like Trump did in 2020?,,,,,,,no ing way,,,,lmao,,,,not a chance,,,,he wouldnt even break 60 million,,,that's why the liberal media wants republicans to believe in DeSantis.
    Last edited by HemisfairArena; 03-18-2023 at 03:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Poll Shows Trump Expanding Lead Over DeSantis (msn.com)

Among Republican and Republican-leaning voters, the Quinnipiac GOP primary preference poll found that Trump garnered the support of 46 percent, while DeSantis claimed 32 percent among a list of 14 potential GOP candidates. This represents a four-point swing away from DeSantis from the firm’s February poll.
    In a head-to-head contest between the two for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, the numbers are even more strongly in favor of Trump, with the former president grabbing 51 percent of primary voters as opposed to DeSantis’s 40 percent.
    “DeSantis might be the buzz in the GOP conversation, but for now Trump is seeing no erosion and, in fact, enjoys a bump in his lead in the Republican primary,” Quinnipiac polling analyst Tim Malloy noted in an official statement following publication of the survey.
    The polling further revealed that in a presidential matchup between President Joe Biden and Trump, Biden leads Trump by five percentage points at the moment. However, when Biden faces DeSantis, Biden edges out DeSantis by just a single percentage point.

,,,,,now notice at the end of the article that the liberal media is starting to set their agenda,,,,they want DeSantis,,,,they want republicans to believe he has a better shot against Biden. Let me ask you this,,,,do you think DeSantis can get 74 million votes like Trump did in 2020?,,,,,,,no ing way,,,,lmao,,,,not a chance,,,,he wouldnt even break 60 million,,,that's why the liberal media wants republicans to believe in DeSantis.
    See that... Biden leads Trump by five percentage points at this moment. Popular vote wise that means a narrow electoral college victory for the Democrats similar to 2020.

Biden defeating DeSantis in the popular vote by a "single percentage point" means that Biden would get killed in the electoral college, even worse than Hillary (basically 2016 map plus at least Nevada, and many polls have Desantis ahead of Biden in Virginia as well).

Think about it logically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis is the Elizabeth Warren of Jeb Bushes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more people hear him speak instead of just reading headlines about him, the less they like him

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See that... Biden leads Trump by five percentage points at this moment. Popular vote wise that means a narrow electoral college victory for the Democrats similar to 2020.

Biden defeating DeSantis in the popular vote by a "single percentage point" means that Biden would get killed in the electoral college, even worse than Hillary (basically 2016 map plus at least Nevada, and many polls have Desantis ahead of Biden in Virginia as well).

Think about it logically.
    "lgically"

Thread Information