Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Ron DeSantis slipping in the polls?

Could his 2024 presidential campaign be over before it even starts?

A 'very bad week' for DeSantis supporters

Trump surged to more than double the Florida governor's support.

NEW:

Tracking the 2024 GOP PrimaryDonald

Trump: 54%
    Ron DeSantis: 26%
    Mike Pence: 7%
    Nikki Haley: 4%
    Liz Cheney: 3%
    Greg Abbott: 1%
    Kristi Noem: 1%
    Mike Pompeo: 1%
    Glenn Youngkin: 1%
    Tim Scott: 1%
    Vivek Ramaswamy: 1%
    Someone Else: 1%*

Mar. 17-19, 2023https://t.co/4CBfh5gVos pic.twitter.com/hk8kgye4qg

— Morning Consult (@MorningConsult) March 21, 2023

https://theweek.com/ron-desantis/1021983/desantis-campaign-might-be-over-before-it-even-starts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think this will help anything?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think this will help anything?
    It will help people carry firearms without a permit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will help people carry firearms without a permit
    Which will accomplish what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think maybe this guy isn't as smart as snacks thinks he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think maybe this guy isn't as smart as snacks thinks he is.

Disney locked in a 30 year development deal under the wire.

The new Reedy Creek authority is DeSantis appointees, correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Correct, and they showed up to work just to find out they've been precastrated.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which will accomplish what?
    What exactly needs to be accomplished?
    Snaked knows there will always be crazy people.
    We must live with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    live by the sword, die by the sword

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whitmer: come relocate to Michigan, we have more water / shore line than Florida

Disney: zOmG ItS tOo CoLd

Based Ron

I'm a little disappointed in him for not repealing the 70s-80s era Florida red flag laws sooner though, not gonna lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whitmer: come relocate to Michigan, we have more water / shore line than Florida

Disney: zOmG ItS tOo CoLd
    Why move? they got everything they want.

Based Ron

I'm a little disappointed in him for not repealing the 70s-80s era Florida red flag laws sooner though, not gonna lie.
    What will this law do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mr. DeSantis named five appointees to the oversight board on Feb. 27. Three are lawyers who have donated campaign money to Mr. DeSantis. Another is a founder of Moms for Liberty, a group that backed Florida’s law restricting the discussion of sexuality and gender iden y in classrooms. The fifth is the chief executive of a Christian ministry who is known for spreading a baseless theory that tap water could turn people gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold prediction, Desantis will do better margin wise in California vs. Biden than Biden will in Florida vs. Desantis

I'm thinking Desantis loses CA by 12-14% and wins Florida by around 17-20%.

Desantis is like a "Boston" Rob Mariano type legend from Survivor, he plays to win at all costs. Trump goes with Mike Lindell's QAnon-caliber fake-Christian conspiracy theories and him and his candidates always lose races they should win because of poor turnout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold prediction, Desantis will do better margin wise in California vs. Biden than Biden will in Florida vs. Desantis

I'm thinking Desantis loses CA by 12-14% and wins Florida by around 17-20%.

Desantis is like a "Boston" Rob Mariano type legend from Survivor, he plays to win at all costs. Trump goes with Mike Lindell's QAnon-caliber fake-Christian conspiracy theories and him and his candidates always lose races they should win because of poor turnout.
    Trump is your nominee. Project for Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is your nominee. Project for Trump.
    Biden beats Trump with the same exact map, though Trump slightly does better in the electoral college (due to the change from the census, though the census happening in early 2020 and not 2021 really underestimated Florida badly) & in the popular vote, due to Biden's demons being exposed as president and his favorability and job approval being about 20 points worse than 2020.

Trump loses the national popular vote by only 1-2% (the generic vote downstream being slightly more GOP-friendly), the GOP retakes the Senate with about 53-55 total senate seats, the GOP improves to around 230-235 House seats... Trump does better in places like FL/CA/TX/NY than 2020, improves in NC/VA/NM (but not nearly enough to retake Virginia or New Mexico), Colorado goes >20% blue margin, but Trump does marginally worse in GA/AZ and quite a bit worse in PA, NH, and possibly MI. And the election is called for Biden on election night instead of days later, as GA, PA, MI and AZ become callable for Biden the night-of due to the slightly increased margins and better system of counting/distribution of counting compared to 2020. Wisconsin and Nevada aren't callable on election night, but end up going to Biden by razor-thin margins (less than 0.5%) after the election has already been called for Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden beats Trump with the same exact map, though Trump slightly does better in the electoral college (due to the change from the census, though the census happening in early 2020 and not 2021 really underestimated Florida badly) & in the popular vote, due to Biden's demons being exposed as president and his favorability and job approval being about 20 points worse than 2020.

Trump loses the national popular vote by only 1-2% (the generic vote downstream being slightly more GOP-friendly), the GOP retakes the Senate with about 53-55 total senate seats, the GOP improves to around 230-235 House seats... Trump does better in places like FL/CA/TX/NY than 2020, improves in NC/VA/NM (but not nearly enough to retake Virginia or New Mexico), Colorado goes >20% blue margin, but Trump does marginally worse in GA/AZ and quite a bit worse in PA, NH, and possibly MI. And the election is called for Biden on election night instead of days later, as GA, PA, MI and AZ become callable for Biden the night-of due to the slightly increased margins and better system of counting/distribution of counting compared to 2020. Wisconsin and Nevada aren't callable on election night, but end up going to Biden by razor-thin margins (less than 0.5%) after the election has already been called for Biden.
    What was your prediction for the 2020 presidential election?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like Trump winning 270-268 or something like that, i don't remember, but it wasn't a blowout like derp's map

I saw AZ coming but nobody objective realistically had Georgia flipping.... and those liberal optimists who had GA flipping also definitely had NC flipping and Florida blue.

for Desantis vs. Biden I have Desantis winning the electoral college and popular vote but still losing PA and MI... two states the GOP have lot a lot of ground in since 2018. I see Desantis winning back AZ and GA, NV, and he could potentially peel off a VA and even NM as well. Wisconsin again could go either way but Desantis' path to WI is different from Trump in that he would have to win the Scott Walker way by running up the score in the WOW and doing just enough in the rural areas and smaller cities in the west and north to get the job done. Trump's path to WI would be similar to 2016 in that he would need to run the score up in the less urban parts and perform just well enough in WOW to win. Either way WI isn't as far gone for the Democrats as people thought a year or two ago.

I see Desantis vs Biden map as being similar to Bush vs Kerry in '04, but flip Colorado blue and VA, NM, and WI are toss ups
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 04-06-2023 at 02:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like Trump winning 270-268
    Oh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desantis will pick up momentum when he actually, you know, declares and launches a campaign.

Right now the odds are around 50/50 that he will even jump in the race at all and the polls are reflecting that. If Desantis had declared, say, Nov or Dec. 2022, he'd have a big advantage by now

He failed to capitalize on his own momentum and the optics of Trump having underperformed in the midterms and now he's got an uphill climb, but it's not one he can't overcome. He just has to actually declare first things first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desantis will pick up momentum when he actually, you know, declares and launches a campaign.

Right now the odds are around 50/50 that he will even jump in the race at all and the polls are reflecting that. If Desantis had declared, say, Nov or Dec. 2022, he'd have a big advantage by now

He failed to capitalize on his own momentum and the optics of Trump having underperformed in the midterms and now he's got an uphill climb, but it's not one he can't overcome. He just has to actually declare first things first.
    if wishful thinking were an Olympic event, I'd bet on you to medal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had it 269-269. How many times shall I repeat myself? The only reason I said Trump is because a 269-269 would favor him because of the State House committee which votes on the tiebreaker would likely break Trump about 27-23 in the event of a tie.

I had Omaha-Nebraska district as light pink as possible, and it turned out light blue... otherwise my map was the best map assuming Trump holds PA.
    Here's my final 2022 House Projection Map:

Here's my final 2022 Senate Projection Map:

Algorithm (as always)

Tilt = <+1.5%
    Lean = +1.5-5.0%
    Likely = +5.0-15.0%
    Safe = >15.0%

Full disclosure on the political leaning of the self-described libertarian, not.

Trump should stage a military coup to remain in power. After all, Obummer got 8 years, so anything less for Trump would not be fair.
    When Trump wins re-election, you will see.

Target goal: a minimum of a million executions of the left-wing movement fake "humans" per month, and to me that's not enough.
    I'm not a Trump discliple, but he's definitely better than the alternative.

Biden winning this year and the GOP holding the Senate (and taking back the House) in 2022 and taking back the WH and winning a treasure trove of Senate seats in 2024 wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize if Trump loses, though.
    Though I do think Biden is worse and more fraudulent than Trump. Obviously not a fan of either. Trump has gone back on his promises too much imo. Still better than getting a democrat in. Though it pretty much ensures there will be a democrat in 2024 winning if Trump wins this fall. Hope RBG dies in the meantime though. And Thomas, I love the guy but he's older and not the healthiest dude, he should retire assuming Trump wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. DeSantis named five appointees to the oversight board on Feb. 27. Three are lawyers who have donated campaign money to Mr. DeSantis. Another is a founder of Moms for Liberty, a group that backed Florida’s law restricting the discussion of sexuality and gender iden y in classrooms. The fifth is the chief executive of a Christian ministry who is known for spreading a baseless theory that tap water could turn people gay.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Full disclosure on the political leaning of the self-described libertarian, not.

Thread Information