Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Misinformation ,fearmongering, lashing out at others out of irrational fear does sound about right for dems
    The irony of this coming from the party of "anti-woke"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dis you?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis has no chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flip-flopping meatball ron caught with fingers in pudding, again.

Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis is attacking former President Donald Trump for “turning the country over to [Dr. Anthony] Fauci in March 2020” but DeSantis was praising the chief public health official at the same time in previously unreported quotes, saying Fauci was “really, really good and really, really helpful” and “really doing a good job.”

https://www.cnn.com/ron-desantis-fauci-trump-covid

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flip-flopping meatball ron caught with fingers in pudding, again.

Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis is attacking former President Donald Trump for “turning the country over to [Dr. Anthony] Fauci in March 2020” but DeSantis was praising the chief public health official at the same time in previously unreported quotes, saying Fauci was “really, really good and really, really helpful” and “really doing a good job.”

https://www.cnn.com/ron-desantis-fauci-trump-covid
    <-----

this desantis voter just jumped back on the trump 2024 bandwagon in a hurry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <-----

this desantis voter just jumped back on the trump 2024 bandwagon in a hurry
    You were always voting GOP, old man.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were always voting GOP, old man.
    Yeah, I mean I'll support desantis if he wins the primary, but he has about the same chance at winning the primary at this point as he has of turning the moon into green cheese. His poll numbers actually have tanked considerably in the past week since he announced formally.

I bet he'll suspend his campaign sooner than later to save face. Maybe after IA/NH/SC/NV or so. He'll drop out and endorse Trump. It's a shame because he's been such a based governor in Florida but he's simply too green to be POTUS in 2025. Maybe next cycle. I think a lot of it isn't his fault though. The GOP establishment, the Karl Rove and Koch types drafting him to run because they're tired of Trump, Mike Lindell and QAnon religion-based conspiracy theories and want to get back to winning elections but still with the same or similar policy as Trump, but don't realize that Desantis is just not really electable at the national level at the top of the ticket at this point.

Perhaps the Desantis VP / Trump POTUS 2024 idea is still in the cards, especially if he drops out early. Trump or Desantis would need to renounce his Florida residence for that to happen, and it doesn't make sense for Desantis. Trump has homes in multiple places but Nevada makes the most sense because he's not in legal trouble there and it's a purple swing state and winnable and there's a juicy senate seat up for grabs there in '24. He switched from NY in 2016 to FL in 2020 so switching domicile to a state like NV would not be past Trump imo. Also, no state income tax in NV just like FL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I mean I'll support desantis if he wins the primary, but he has about the same chance at winning the primary at this point as he has of turning the moon into green cheese. His poll numbers actually have tanked considerably in the past week since he announced formally.

I bet he'll suspend his campaign sooner than later to save face. Maybe after IA/NH/SC/NV or so. He'll drop out and endorse Trump. It's a shame because he's been such a based governor in Florida but he's simply too green to be POTUS in 2025. Maybe next cycle. I think a lot of it isn't his fault though. The GOP establishment, the Karl Rove and Koch types drafting him to run because they're tired of Trump, Mike Lindell and QAnon religion-based conspiracy theories and want to get back to winning elections but still with the same or similar policy as Trump, but don't realize that Desantis is just not really electable at the national level at the top of the ticket at this point.

Perhaps the Desantis VP / Trump POTUS 2024 idea is still in the cards, especially if he drops out early. Trump or Desantis would need to renounce his Florida residence for that to happen, and it doesn't make sense for Desantis. Trump has homes in multiple places but Nevada makes the most sense because he's not in legal trouble there and it's a purple swing state and winnable and there's a juicy senate seat up for grabs there in '24. He switched from NY in 2016 to FL in 2020 so switching domicile to a state like NV would not be past Trump imo. Also, no state income tax in NV just like FL.
    He apparently has an extremely well funded and organized ground game in Iowa and New Hampshire. I wouldn't write him off at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office says it has completed its investigation into the transport of 49 migrants from San Antonio to Martha’s Vineyard last September by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration and filed criminal charges with the local district attorney.

A statement from the sheriff’s office says it has filed several counts of unlawful restraint, both misdemeanors and felonies. The sheriff’s office didn’t name any individual suspects and didn’t specify when the investigation was turned over to the Bexar County district attorney.

“At this time, the case is being reviewed by the DA’s office. Once an update is available, it will be provided to the public,” the statement said.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2023/06/05/texas-san-antonio-migrant-flight-marthas-vineyard-criminal-charges/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-25-2023 at 09:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He apparently has an extremely well funded and organized ground game in Iowa and New Hampshire. I wouldn't write him off at this point.
    Supposing Trump doesn't die, I would.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Supposing Trump doesn't die, I would.

The GE matchup part is wild, and it's hilarious that even with this information the GOP will show up in droves for the reality TV clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GE matchup part is wild, and it's hilarious that even with this information the GOP will show up in droves for the reality TV clown.
    With or without Trump, the GOP remains Trumpist. His main challenger, idiotically, is attempting to out-Trump Trump.

Why vote for a pretender when you can have the real thing?

Supposing Trump gets convicted in his December trial in the docs case, I don't see the GOP picking someone else -- the danger of Trump running all on his own could easily sink any alternate candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recently Truthed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dark horse: Vivek Ramaswamy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    racist, hater, misogynist Desantis passes conveniently vague genral law to screw women out of alimony

1000s of Repug women could switch party and campaign for Dems

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    xenophobe Desantis chased immigrants out FL, crops rotting, construction halted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis agenda leads to concerns about a Florida ‘brain drain’

In theory, it might seem easy for universities in Florida to recruit top-tier academic talent.

In practice, Ron DeSantis' agenda has created a problem.

Ron DeSantis, Florida’s ambitious Republican governor,

has already denounced college majors he disagrees with,

suggesting publicly that if he disapproves of your undergraduate field of study,

you should simply relocate to some other state.

DeSantis has similarly

waged a strange campaign against “woke” ideas in higher education,

ended on-campus diversity programs, and targeted tenure.

such tactics would push some professors to take positions in other states,

while discouraging other top professors from considering Florida schools.

“some signs of an exodus are apparent.”

a candidate for a position in the philosophy department who “took a job at a lower-ranked school in another state, pointing to Florida’s political climate.”

a prospective finance professor concerned about the future of tenure in the state also took a position elsewhere.

an ecology professor said open positions that once drew over 200 applicants now see fewer than 20.

The African American studies department at UF made nine offers while trying to fill three positions. None accepted.

A report from the American Association of University Professors pointed to a law school position that couldn’t be filled and

said some candidates were turning down Florida offers with nothing else lined up.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/desantis-agenda-leads-concerns-florida-brain-drain-rcna93427

Exactly how fascism purges, genizes education to conform to fascist politics

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony of this coming from the party of "anti-woke"
    Not to mention this is what the red team does best, hypocrisy de jour.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Joey "calf tats hate my grandma" approve this image?

The resident maleness inspector must put his stamp on this.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure he knows how insurance works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Gov trying to stay positive about the future of Florida, but comes across as assuaging/self-soothing. Such a weirdo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure he knows how insurance works.

Mama mia! Meatball Ron's mama must ah have drop him on floor too many times as baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'est la vie

Convention organizers are pulling out of Florida, which is devastating knock-on tourism and causing panic over the future of the industry, experts warned in a report Friday.

When asked for a reason why they were scrapping plans, one organizer wrote simply: “Governor DeSantis.”

More than half a dozen planned conventions in Broward County, which encompasses the Fort Lauderdale area, have been scrapped in recent months, according to a list drawn up by the county’s tourism promotion group Visit Lauderdale and reported by the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-tourism/

Thread Information