Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Scottie is all over the place. If he wants to fluff his legacy then he shouldn't have spent time talking up Lebron, whom is a direct style of play clone.

Pippen had his opportunity with the Rockets and Blazers. That 7th ring would have really changed this conversation.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Scottie is all over the place. If he wants to fluff his legacy then he shouldn't have spent time talking up Lebron, whom is a direct style of play clone.

Pippen had his opportunity with the Rockets and Blazers. That 7th ring would have really changed this conversation.
    pippen definitely has his inconsistencies, where one day hes saying lebron would destroy mike, then a few years later hes saying the opposite

but hes definitely not wrong that things have gotten out of hand over the years with how little appreciation he and the rest of the bulls squad receive for their teams success. and its almost entirely been done with the intent to downplay the accomplishments of guys like kobe kd steph and lebron to keep mike on the highest pedestal, which is pathetic.

if someone like luka or giannis wins a few rings, the same crap will happen to them as well. the single worst thing to happen to the nba is jordanstans.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Look at Harp's fg% in Cleveland. Then look at his final year in LA. The explosiveness was gone. If you watched him back then, you don't need to see the dip in efficiency through stats, it was evident. Nobody said he wasn't a good defender or role player. Excellent defender and underrated in that dept.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

He says all sorts of stupid sh1t now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember Pip sucking so bad in Houston and then trying to pin that of Barkley. Like Pip scored 4 points a game until game 7 and then threw Barkley under the bus. The dude has always been delusional

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember Pip sucking so bad in Houston and then trying to pin that of Barkley. Like Pip scored 4 points a game until game 7 and then threw Barkley under the bus. The dude has always been delusional
    Meh I watched a ton of Rockets games that year and their offense was basically just dump the ball into Barkley or Olajuwon and have them hold the ball while Pippen stood at the three point line and then had to fire desperation shots at the end of the shot clock when Barkley or Olajuwon would finally kick the ball back out. That team was the whole reason for the 5-second backdown rule. It was a disgusting brand of basketball to watch and completely wasted Pippen's talents.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-10-2021 at 08:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was criticizing Barkley for his lack of defensive effort IIRC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh I watched a ton of Rockets games that year and their offense was basically just dump the ball into Barkley or Olajuwon and have them hold the ball while Pippen stood at the three point line and then had to fire desperation shots at the end of the shot clock when Barkley or Olajuwon would finally kick the ball back out. That team was the whole reason for the 5-second backdown rule. It was a disgusting brand of basketball to watch and completely wasted Pippen's talents.
    Im not saying that the team was a world beater or anything but the dude contributed nothing both offensively and defensively. And then he dragged Charles through the mud saying he can see why you can’t ever win with Chuck on your team and blah blah blah. I know Chuck never did win but he was a a player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scotty deserves all the accolades he gets. He was the other part of the duo that ran off two threepeats. You don't have to like him, but that's where it is.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Look at Harp's fg% in Cleveland. Then look at his final year in LA. The explosiveness was gone. If you watched him back then, you don't need to see the dip in efficiency through stats, it was evident. Nobody said he wasn't a good defender or role player. Excellent defender and underrated in that dept.
    yet he was still putting up 20/5/5

he was a very productive player who took a much lesser role to be part of a stacked team, simple as that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not saying that the team was a world beater or anything but the dude contributed nothing both offensively and defensively. And then he dragged Charles through the mud saying he can see why you can’t ever win with Chuck on your team and blah blah blah. I know Chuck never did win but he was a a player
    Chuck wasn't a of a player in 1999 when he was a black hole on the block and forcing Pippen into basically playing the Bruce Bowen role on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuck wasn't a of a player in 1999 when he was a black hole on the block and forcing Pippen into basically playing the Bruce Bowen role on offense.
    No Charles wasn't. My point is mainly that Pip is a worse player than Chuck and him talking about a better player is another example of him thinking he is better than he was. Dude is a nice Robin who wasn't able to carry a team. Also Nobody forced Pip to do in that series. Rewatch the series. the dude sucked the entire series on both offense and defense. The dude shot 6 for 23 and they had in in Bruce Bowen mode??? When tf did Bowen ever take 23 shots in a game? the game before he took 27 shots! You are remembering that series wrong my friend. He also had a game where he missed every shot he took.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    'Jordanstans'...delusional people like the great Jerry West...

Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 11-11-2021 at 09:23 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No Charles wasn't. My point is mainly that Pip is a worse player than Chuck and him talking about a better player is another example of him thinking he is better than he was. Dude is a nice Robin who wasn't able to carry a team. Also Nobody forced Pip to do in that series. Rewatch the series. the dude sucked the entire series on both offense and defense. The dude shot 6 for 23 and they had in in Bruce Bowen mode??? When tf did Bowen ever take 23 shots in a game? the game before he took 27 shots! You are remembering that series wrong my friend. He also had a game where he missed every shot he took.
    Agree with most of this and good point about Pippen laying all those damn bricks in that series. He was atrocious besides that one good game.

But overall you could argue that Pippen was as good as Barkley, he just never really had the chance to lead teams in his prime years like Chuck did. He had that one year in 94 when MJ played baseball and he was like 3rd in MVP voting and led the Bulls to 55 wins. Still not in Jordan's stratosphere, but I do wonder if he could have sustained that type of play from 94 while leading his own team during his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy saying a 4 game series went 7? So Pippen had a horrific game 2. Are you going to trash Olajuwon too for having a 5 point game and an 8 point game that series? I'm not talking just the series, I'm talking the entire season. They tried to force Pippen to be a spot up shooter with Barkley and Olajuwon holding the ball every possession. Do you think it's some accident the NBA implemented a five second rule for backing people down in the post as soon as this season was over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy saying a 4 game series went 7? So Pippen had a horrific game 2. Are you going to trash Olajuwon too for having a 5 point game and an 8 point game that series? I'm not talking just the series, I'm talking the entire season. They tried to force Pippen to be a spot up shooter with Barkley and Olajuwon holding the ball every possession. Do you think it's some accident the NBA implemented a five second rule for backing people down in the post as soon as this season was over?
    Literally my first post was about the playoffs
    Pippen was talking Charles after that series saying you can't win with him and he should've listened to MJ and blah blah blah
    None of that happened in the regular season. Your point has nothing to do with mine apparently. Also he sucked the whole series. His one good game was where he shot 12 for 27. Other than that he sucked.

Pip never takes responsibility for his own play and actions. Sits out against the Knicks and Phil is a racist. Doesn't show up in 3 outta 4 games including an 0fer and he blames Charles. Doesn't get surgery in the offseason and it's the GMs fault.

As much as people want to say that MJ is lucky to have Pip, Jordan would've won a le or two without him. When you're the best player in the world for several years you are going to win a le or 2. There's never been a case where that hasn't happened. Pip is waaaaaaay more lucky to have Jordan bc Pip can't carry a team and would've been seen as a 3rd tier player during the 90s had you replaced him with any other top player during the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with most of this and good point about Pippen laying all those damn bricks in that series. He was atrocious besides that one good game.

But overall you could argue that Pippen was as good as Barkley, he just never really had the chance to lead teams in his prime years like Chuck did. He had that one year in 94 when MJ played baseball and he was like 3rd in MVP voting and led the Bulls to 55 wins. Still not in Jordan's stratosphere, but I do wonder if he could have sustained that type of play from 94 while leading his own team during his prime.
    The team sucked the very next year. Pippen lost the whole team as a leader when he quit on them. This was well do ented at the time

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The team sucked the very next year. Pippen lost the whole team as a leader when he quit on them. This was well do ented at the time
    He was a bit of a baby.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Superstars get superstar treatment, on the court, in the media, in the public eye, and when remembered in the history of the game. That’s one of the perks of being the superstar. People don’t give a about AC Green or Danny Ainge or Bruce Bowen. No matter how much basketball purists and historians may want to give role players their flowers, they’re still ing role players. Sure, maybe Michael doesn’t win without Pippen or Rodman... maybe. But Pippen and Rodman for damn sure don’t win without Michael. And that’s why he’s the superstar. That’s why his side of the story gets written and told.

The Jackson 5 story is about Michael Jackson. Don’t get it twisted. It’s not about o or Marlon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superstars get superstar treatment, on the court, in the media, in the public eye, and when remembered in the history of the game. That’s one of the perks of being the superstar. People don’t give a about AC Green or Danny Ainge or Bruce Bowen. No matter how much basketball purists and historians may want to give role players their flowers, they’re still ing role players. Sure, maybe Michael doesn’t win without Pippen or Rodman... maybe. But Pippen and Rodman for damn sure don’t win without Michael. And that’s why he’s the superstar. That’s why his side of the story gets written and told.

The Jackson 5 story is about Michael Jackson. Don’t get it twisted. It’s not about o or Marlon.
    Maybe Michael doesn’t win without Pip or Rodman?
    Remove that maybe because he wouldn’t have won without them period
    And Rodman actually won without Michael tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Michael doesn’t win without Pip or Rodman?
    Remove that maybe because he wouldn’t have won without them period
    And Rodman actually won without Michael tbh
    Name a time when the best player in the world didn't win an NBA championship? I can't think of one tbh.
    Wilt and Russell
    Dr. J and Kareem
    Magic and Bird
    Jordan
    Kobe Shaq and Duncan
    Lebron
    Curry
    Giannis.
    All have been the best player in the world and all have won chips. It goes against history to think that Jordan wouldn't win a championship without Pip. And he already won 3 without Rodman. 1stpeat Grant was a better player than 2ndpeat Rodman tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen is being a big cry baby about this. Of course the fact that he refused to enter the game for a game-winning shot in the playoffs in the middle of his career is going to be a huge part of his life story. Besides, he wasn't even portrayed that bad in the last dance at all

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the do entary was a fun watch, but absolutely felt like an MJ commercial as oppose to a gritty behind the scenes look at the 90's Bulls. I thought it wasn't nearly as intriguing as far as the fly on the wall vibe we were advertised to be getting during that run. Obviously, with MJ being a producer you knew it was going to be a romanticized version of the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name a time when the best player in the world didn't win an NBA championship? I can't think of one tbh.
    Wilt and Russell
    Dr. J and Kareem
    Magic and Bird
    Jordan
    Kobe Shaq and Duncan
    Lebron
    Curry
    Giannis.
    All have been the best player in the world and all have won chips. It goes against history to think that Jordan wouldn't win a championship without Pip. And he already won 3 without Rodman. 1stpeat Grant was a better player than 2ndpeat Rodman tbh
    Pippen was their 2nd best scorer, their playmaker, best individual and help defender

There is no way in Chicago sniffs a le without him

and yes,Grant was underrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen was their 2nd best scorer, their playmaker, best individual and help defender

There is no way in Chicago sniffs a le without him

and yes,Grant was underrated
    And yet every single top player in the league ever has won a le. Jordan wouldn't have won 6 without Pip, but to say that he wouldn't win one is stupid.
    Russell did
    Wilt did
    Dr. J did
    Kareem did
    Magic did
    Bird did
    Kobe did
    Shaq did
    Duncan did
    Lebron did
    Curry did
    Giannis did.

And Jordan wouldn't win one? Just give the dude an all star and would've. The East was very weak in the 90s tbh. There was no great team besides the Bulls

Thread Information