Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.gq.com/story/scottie-pip...=pocket-newtab

I agree Pippen is getting bitter, and he wouldn't be as well know if it wasn't for Jordan, but he is 100% correct that players are being thrown under the bus and disrespected to build up that Jordan myth.

People made it out like Jordan can do no wrong to win the 6 les all by himself, what they don't mention is that the Bulls had one of the best defensive backcourt ever. While Jordan was part of that, Pippen, then later Harper had a huge part in it. The interior defence of players like Grant and Rodman also had a great hand in it. The front office smartly put in people who can shoot (Pax, Armstrong, Kerr, Wennington) to open up the lanes for Jordan and Pippen to drive to the basket but their names were dragged through mud.

Like all history, the winner gets to write it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always all about MJ. Pippen willingly played the trusty sidekick for about 10% of Michael’s salary. 25 years later there’s no one Pippen can blame but Pippen for any lack of accolades cast his way.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean, did he honestly think HE was supposed to be the focal point of the do entary, though? These guys age, romanticize the past, become irrelevant and also delusional as a result.

It's true that Jordan likely did this to try and put Lebron in his place, but Pippen got plenty of love in the Last Dance as well. I think he just wanted to revise history some, the same way Dr. Dre did in Straight Outta Compton. I remember watching that game live (Kukoc winner) then later having it confirmed that Pippen was a dbag who refused to go back in. Couldn't believe it. He was an incredible all around player but he was NEVER clutch. He had 7 seasons where he shot under 70% from the line. He was cringeworthy offensively in crunch time, tbh. There was only 1 MJ and he aint it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did hit clutch shots 3 times in the playoffs tho but the media keep bombarding us with the Kukoc inicdent and all the MJ clutch shots

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    > People made it out like Jordan can do no wrong to win the 6 les

This was not my takeaway. Jordan had a few failures that were focal points of the do entary.

Bottomline the series could have gone another 6 episodes and yet held its intrigue. They fast forwarded thru entire seasons and even playoff series just to get to the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 years from now when Klay is forgotten and ESPN reminds kids who aren't born yet that Curry took 11 guys he pulled off the street to 3 les, he'll be writing these type of books too.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ing role player.
    He said he wants to be remembered as the GOAT

He actually said that. Must be smoking some good sh1t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread just basically summarized the twisted sentiment. Sure Pippen wasn’t the man and he knew he wasn’t. What the issue was is that it was all Michael. It wasn’t.

The bulls were a team specifically constructed around the strengths of jordan and Pippen was a huge part in plugging the holes in Jordan’s game. The narrative of the bulls winning six les solely because of jordan is hogwash but that’s what the media has been selling, and the audience been buying, over the last two decades.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I mean, did he honestly think HE was supposed to be the focal point of the do entary, though? These guys age, romanticize the past, become irrelevant and also delusional as a result.

It's true that Jordan likely did this to try and put Lebron in his place, but Pippen got plenty of love in the Last Dance as well. I think he just wanted to revise history some, the same way Dr. Dre did in Straight Outta Compton. I remember watching that game live (Kukoc winner) then later having it confirmed that Pippen was a dbag who refused to go back in. Couldn't believe it. He was an incredible all around player but he was NEVER clutch. He had 7 seasons where he shot under 70% from the line. He was cringeworthy offensively in crunch time, tbh. There was only 1 MJ and he aint it.
    stupid take, obviously pippen knew he shouldn't be the focal point

the issue was how it painted a picture as if it was mostly a 1 man show with a little help from Scottie and Dennis, when in fact it was a team stacked (for it's time, considering the 90s were a weak era) with talented players who accepted much lesser roles for the sake of winning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread just basically summarized the twisted sentiment. Sure Pippen wasn’t the man and he knew he wasn’t. What the issue was is that it was all Michael. It wasn’t.

The bulls were a team specifically constructed around the strengths of jordan and Pippen was a huge part in plugging the holes in Jordan’s game. The narrative of the bulls winning six les solely because of jordan is hogwash but that’s what the media has been selling, and the audience been buying, over the last two decades.
    on top of that, Jordan was still making all defensive teams during the 2nd 3 peat and wasn't playing ANY defense whatsoever. Phil Jackson himself stated this in his book. Jordan was older and phil said they constructed a team with length(why they let BJ go in expansion draft and kept Harper, while also bringing in Rodman) so Jordan could rest on defense. Phil said this !!! So here you have a guy guarding 3rd and 4th option spot up shooters and just running wild on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the issue was how it painted a picture as if it was mostly a 1 man show with a little help from Scottie and Dennis, when in fact it was a team stacked (for it's time, considering the 90s were a weak era) with talented players who accepted much lesser roles for the sake of winning
    ESPN really makes it seems as though Jordan just carried 11 guys to 6 les that could do nothing but get dressed for the game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.gq.com/story/scottie-pip...=pocket-newtab

I agree Pippen is getting bitter, and he wouldn't be as well know if it wasn't for Jordan, but he is 100% correct that players are being thrown under the bus and disrespected to build up that Jordan myth.

People made it out like Jordan can do no wrong to win the 6 les all by himself, what they don't mention is that the Bulls had one of the best defensive backcourt ever. While Jordan was part of that, Pippen, then later Harper had a huge part in it. The interior defence of players like Grant and Rodman also had a great hand in it. The front office smartly put in people who can shoot (Pax, Armstrong, Kerr, Wennington) to open up the lanes for Jordan and Pippen to drive to the basket but their names were dragged through mud.

Like all history, the winner gets to write it.
    Yeah man, Harper was a borderline allstar in Cleveland and on the Clippers. Kind of sad to see how underrated he got in Chicago when he wasn't getting many touches any more.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Uninformed take.

You obviously did not see him recently state he wants to remembered as the GOAT. This is about his own ego and romanticizing the past.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah man, Harper was a borderline allstar in Cleveland and on the Clippers. Kind of sad to see how underrated he got in Chicago when he wasn't getting many touches any more.
    His game had diminished significantly by the time he got to Chicago. Torn ACL and age did him in and he lost his explosiveness.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ESPN really makes it seems as though Jordan just carried 11 guys to 6 les that could do nothing but get dressed for the game.
    Well ESPN might but the Last Dance did not push that narrative. Pippen and Rodman were given plenty of credit. Even Jerry Krause the villain was given some credit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    25 years from now when Klay is forgotten and ESPN reminds kids who aren't born yet that Curry took 11 guys he pulled off the street to 3 les, he'll be writing these type of books too.
    Doubtful. Everyone will also recall Curry choking in the Finals. The sort of stuff that never happened to Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game had diminished significantly by the time he got to Chicago. Torn ACL and age did him in and he lost his explosiveness.
    Did he tear his ACL his last year on the Clippers or something? Harper was still a high end defensive player in Chicago.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Uninformed take.

You obviously did not see him recently state he wants to remembered as the GOAT. This is about his own ego and romanticizing the past.
    taking pippens bait

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Did he tear his ACL his last year on the Clippers or something? Harper was still a high end defensive player in Chicago.
    no hes just making crap up as usual

the acl injury happened in 90, and the very next season (and each season until chicago) he averaged around 19/5/5

dude was fine, he just took a significantly reduced role to win. but jordanstans will do anything to revise history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen hasn’t been the same since his son died tbh

The last dance and the cucking have made matters worse

He’s not in a good place right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful. Everyone will also recall Curry choking in the Finals. The sort of stuff that never happened to Jordan.
    That’s because Jordan choked for 7 years before winning a le
    Also in 1995 vs Orlando

But according to the media, Jordan only played 1991-1993 and 1996-98

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no hes just making crap up as usual

the acl injury happened in 90, and the very next season (and each season until chicago) he averaged around 19/5/5

dude was fine, he just took a significantly reduced role to win. but jordanstans will do anything to revise history.
    LOL I should have known better than to take a Dirks_Finale post seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 3 full seasons of 18+ppg after the ACL injury before he even got to Chicago. His reduction on the offensive end was strictly due to less touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uninformed take.

Hey, I want to be remembered as a GOAT in the NBA as well even though I am not even good enough for a tryout. Who doesn't?

Thread Information