Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out Emoni Bates from Memphis State.
    It's only one game into the CBB season but we're looking at at least a 3-man draft with Holmgren, Banchero, and Bates.

***Bates is technically not eligible for the draft due to turning 19 in Jan 2023, but I'd imagine there will be some finagling with the draft bylaws to get him in this upcoming draft.

If Bates isn't in, then his teammate Jalen Duren (6'11, 250) is a good candidate.
    Duke has a blue chip guard who had a great outing last night vs Kentucky - Trevor Kheels - 6'4. A perfect guy to take Derrick White's SG slot.

Spurs getting a top-5 pick should merit a day 1 starter for next year. 3-7 is good for #5 lotto odds. I think when Houston gets Wall back and NO gets Zion, they should start winning more games.

Leave Orlando and Detroit as the main compe ion for best odds.

Houston isn't getting Wall back. They've asked him to stay home this season and are trying to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston isn't getting Wall back. They've asked him to stay home this season and are trying to trade him.
    Holy *%#. How does Silver let this sort of underhandedness fly. Saving grace is the bottom 3 records get the same lotto odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's basically what people were pretending samanic would end up being

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So off to the G-League and get some beef on that frame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So off to the G-League and get some beef on that frame.
    Well, San Antoni would be perfect. Between breakfast tacos and Whataburger, we could have him looking very San Antonio in a few months. Maybe Dejuan Blair could be his nutritionist.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. I don't think Houston has any intention of even trying to win this year. Same goes for the Magic/Pistons/Thunder.

The Pelicans will probably tank by accident by starting off slow (check), getting Zion back and making a mini-run, then shutting the good players down in March when they realize a playoff push isn't possible.

Right now I expect the Spurs/Wolves/Kings to finish 10-12 in some order, with the Wolves and Kings (and maybe the Spurs too) pushing hard at the end of the season to get the #10 spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bates is gonna be the best player in next year's draft class imo. Just can't trust white American basketball players tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wall was actually in attendance for the kentucky-duke game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that Shawn Bradley Jr. ? Dude needs to eat super sized foods at Mcdonald's for a year. He has some skills but I think the ball boys weigh more than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bates is gonna be the best player in next year's draft class imo. Just can't trust white American basketball players tbh.
    Wembanyama looking like a clear number 1 prospect in 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see him in Austin you mean

Tbh i just can't buy a dude named "Chet" being a star basketball player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that Shawn Bradley Jr. ? Dude needs to eat super sized foods at Mcdonald's for a year. He has some skills but I think the ball boys weigh more than him.
    True but remember Durbeta was and is a twig also.
    Modern day NBA does not require centers to be Apes.

For that matter he could be a forward.

Would you rather have Bryn Forms-Popovich on the roster or a guy named Chet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my eyes on friend:

In scrimmages Chet has looked dominant.
    Take that FWIW but Gonzaga has been killing it in recent years in recruiting so the opposing Center and F's are not a marshmallows.

NBA player my friend likens Chets game to: Durbetta. Yep. Besides having a consistent trey dude can dribble.
    But see for yourself as Trill posted the vid.
    He's Porzingis II

NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet Chet at 19 with one college game is better then Zinger at 19.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd take banchero over holmgren.
    I would rather have Jalen Duran. I wouldn't touch any of those Duke players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet Chet at 19 with one college game is better then Zinger at 19.
    Perhaps, but he's gonna have a similar ceiling. He's a better dribbler but unless the kid can take a body he'll always get bumped out of position.

As for his 1 college game, the opposition was simply embarrassing in practically everyone of those highlights. Case in point that transition D on his last bucket no one even tries to stop him. It was like playing against a YMCA rec league team. I'll grant him nothing in terms of showing out from that game. Let's see how he fares against better talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when people were calling Jan Vesley the Euro Durant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s phenomenal. Unfortunately I don’t think we are going to suck enough to be one of the three worst teams. We will have to get lucky in lottery.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when people were calling Jan Vesley the Euro Durant?
    I remember that it was Blake Griffin, because when Vesely got drafted he said, "Blake Griffin is American Jan Vesely."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Chet but can you imagine him taking a charge from Giannis or Joel Embiid ? It wouldn't be pretty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see him in Austin you mean

Tbh i just can't buy a dude named "Chet" being a star basketball player

Well... we may not see him in Austin, soon, but Austin (The Longhorns) is going to him this Saturday night! This will be an opportunity to knock out 2 birds with one stone, as the Horns have a new coach in Chris Beard, with a whole lot of high expectations! Texas is ranked 5th, while the Zags are ranked 1st. Should be a good game, but to also scout this future (Spurs) draft pick!

No. 5 Texas vs. No. 1 Gonzaga. When: 9:30 p.m. Saturday at McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane, Washington. Records: Texas (1–0 overall, 0-0 Big 12), Gonzaga (1-0, 0-0 West Coast Conference ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... we may not see him in Austin, soon, but Austin (The Longhorns) is going to him this Saturday night! This will be an opportunity to knock out 2 birds with one stone, as the Horns have a new coach in Chris Beard, with a whole lot of high expectations! Texas is ranked 5th, while the Zags are ranked 1st. Should be a good game, but to also scout this future (Spurs) draft pick!

No. 5 Texas vs. No. 1 Gonzaga. When: 9:30 p.m. Saturday at McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane, Washington. Records: Texas (1–0 overall, 0-0 Big 12), Gonzaga (1-0, 0-0 West Coast Conference ...
    Oh it's on ESPN 2, BTW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think a gordon hayward type injury is inevitable with this guy.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I would never gamble on a white American being a franchise player. Regardless, Spurs won't draft that high for this to be a concern.

Thread Information