Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Durant ever that awkward in the way he moved? Chet also seems even more lanky. I will say, his handles for his size are pretty impressive and he seems to already be a skilled offensive player. But I do worry that he just doesn't move well enough for the NBA level.
    No he was very fluid from day 1 in college. Dribbled faster and lower too.

This guy looks slow and awkward AF with the ball IMO. ESP compared to a Durant, whom I hate with a passion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peak Porzy 2 (prior to injury) would be better then any PF the Poppers have run out in the last 7 years.

Lets see what develops this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he was very fluid from day 1 in college. Dribbled faster and lower too.

This guy looks slow and awkward AF with the ball IMO. ESP compared to a Durant, whom I hate with a passion.
    Yeah I agree he doesn't move very well, it's a big concern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ain’t sniffing Chet. Too many tanking teams ahead of us and the Spurs are too prideful. We’ll likely end up selecting somewhere between 9-14 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ain’t sniffing Chet. Too many tanking teams ahead of us and the Spurs are too prideful. We’ll likely end up selecting somewhere between 9-14 imo.
    spurs currently have the 7th worst record overall in the nba

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy moves so slow. KD actually moves fluidly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy moves so slow. KD actually moves fluidly.
    KD has always been effective but I would not call him fluid. Sort of like how Larry Bird would play. George Gervin was fluid and smooth. I would not call this kid, fluid either. More like an ooze.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we end up with a top 6 pick in this draft. I have no idea where Chet will go and haven't paid any attention to the college guys yet but, if he's in that range I expect us to have a shot if we play this season as presently constructed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there precedent for a kid that’s almost 20 and still only 195 at 7-foot becoming a star in the league? Can’t think of another example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 points and 4 fouls vs Texas. Timms stole the show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many haters in this thread. If the Spurs lucked into drafting this guy, we could have our first franchise-level player since Nephew.
    Last edited by Uriel; 11-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there precedent for a kid that’s almost 20 and still only 195 at 7-foot becoming a star in the league? Can’t think of another example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many haters in this thread. If the Spurs lucked into drafting this guy, we could have our first franchise-level player since Nephew.
    L o LLL

I watched the first half of the Texas game. This dude has no place in any discussion on franchise level players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get KD, but why the pic of T. Prince?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant was 6’10, 215 lbs coming out. 20 pounds is a big difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get KD, but why the pic of T. Prince?
    Skinnys that had a productive NBA career.

Durant was 6’10, 215 lbs coming out. 20 pounds is a big difference
    So Chet has the rest of this season and next summer to gain 25 pounds.
    Probably not going to happen but maybe add some PEDs to his buffet line.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made fun of KD not being able to bench press the bar coming out of college

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans really hyping up the next Tyler Hansbrough

This kid is awful, future Brian Wright pick for sure with his complexion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the Spurs are playing their way to a top 6 pick...not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 points and 4 fouls vs Texas. Timms stole the show.
    Oh yeah, Drew Timme DID steal the show on Saturday night against Texas! Poor Chet only had two points, but his presence on the defensive end created disruption in the paint He did look slow & he needs to beef up a couple of pounds, but to compare him to KD? Hmmm... Now, if he's drafted by a NBA team, he's gotta be more "fluid." But Timme? This guy was in beast mode against Texas with the following stats: 37 points: 15/19, & was 0-1 from the 3 point line, which he will have to work on to be a successful PF in the NBA. He had 7 Rebs & 3 assists in 31 minutes of play. The 21 year old 6-10 PF has been compared to Kevin McHale. Here's an excerpt from CBS Sports postgame report which describes Timme's game & comparison:

At the center of it is Timme, who isn't the strongest or fastest or most overwhelming. He's none of that. He's solid. He's smart. He's great in his own way, which makes the rest of the team great. In an era of ever-evolving big men with perimeter-insistent skillsets, Timme remains a charming-yet swaggy-throwback. Some have compared his ability to move in to the post to a young Kevin McHale. Timme seems to know all the angles and myriad ways to find his points near the rim.
    "He's a load, man!" said Texas' Timmy Allen. "He's not the most athletic guy, but I've never played someone like that. It's hard to guard a guy like that when they have such good players round him too."
    Although, we would like for our PF to be an athletic freak who can pound in the paint, block shots as well as hit 3 pointers, I can easily see Timme as a player that PATFO could draft. He's from Richardson, Tx & is a smart player who may be able to fit in the culture & in the Spurs' system. Unsure if he will be a top 5 pick or not, but I'm sure that his stock will be on the rise if he continues to play well in the NCAA, & who knows, surpass Holmgren! Who knows? He currently wears #2 & that name, "Timme!" The possibilities... Any who, just putting it out there... GSG!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me I agree Baldwin would probably be my first pick depending where we draft as he would be a GREAT stretch four for us. If we can get into 4 to 6 draft we got a chance at him or another big Jabari Smith. After that I would be looking at Collins who is a beast on defense but definitely will take some time to reach potential on the offensive side. Another kid is is Caleb Houston a SF who has a sweet stroke definitely worth a look.

After that some guys who intrigue me is Nikola Jovic a PF from Serbia who just plays Nasty he can be a really good point forward and does a little bit of everything and he is opposite of Luka the kid has Heart. Next would be Mouhamed Gueye who is a freak athlete would definitely need to play in G League a season or two but tons of possible upside.

Another kid who is going to try and be draft eligible is Shaedon Sharpe a SG who is projected to go number 2 in 2023 draft. Curious to see what people think of him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me I agree Baldwin would probably be my first pick depending where we draft as he would be a GREAT stretch four for us. If we can get into 4 to 6 draft we got a chance at him or another big Jabari Smith. After that I would be looking at Collins who is a beast on defense but definitely will take some time to reach potential on the offensive side. Another kid is is Caleb Houston a SF who has a sweet stroke definitely worth a look.

After that some guys who intrigue me is Nikola Jovic a PF from Serbia who just plays Nasty he can be a really good point forward and does a little bit of everything and he is opposite of Luka the kid has Heart. Next would be Mouhamed Gueye who is a freak athlete would definitely need to play in G League a season or two but tons of possible upside.

Another kid who is going to try and be draft eligible is Shaedon Sharpe a SG who is projected to go number 2 in 2023 draft. Curious to see what people think of him?
    I’m almost exactly thinking the way you are with your assessments and picks.

I definitely will watch more NCAA, G League, and foreign basketball this season to check out prospects. I kept up pretty will with the FIBA U20 tournament that occurred earlier this year and it’s some solid foreign born guys coming to the league in the next couple of seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only a young Tim Duncan was in college right now, then we would tank. Pop had no problem tanking for Tim. Why won't he tank for anyone else?
    Tanking rarely works. That's why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors
    15-50 '19-20
    39-33 '20-21
    11-4 so far.

Compare with the Poppy s.

Thread Information