My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking rarely works. That's why.
    spurs dont need to tank. They flat out suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's Chet run his record up to now, 3-0?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzaga @ UCLA Tues night if any of the SpursTalk scouts want to weigh in.
    Should be a decent test for Chet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There’s thin legs and then there’s thin legs. Hot damn.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, Holmgren kicking the out of my Bruins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brah, he balled out. Doubt SA will be in a position to draft him but damn give him the kirby/china- treatment and he'll put on muscle faster than you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now that's he's done with Growth Hormone he needs some anabolic steroids

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we were lucky enough to get him in the draft, that would be a significant cornerstone for a rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we were lucky enough to get him in the draft, that would be a significant cornerstone for a rebuild.
    They said that about Wiseman. Nothing is a given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They said that about Wiseman. Nothing is a given.
    You're probably right but look what he walked into. GS didn't need a savior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not seeing what the hype with this guy is tbh he’s skilled and has size but he moves around like Boban lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not seeing what the hype with this guy is tbh he’s skilled and has size but he moves around like Boban lmao

I don't think Boban quite moves like this lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me more of Bol Bol. Bol Bol was posting historic numbers in college but his frame hurt his chances in the NBA. Could happen to Chet too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think Boban quite moves like this lol
    Maybe not boban lmao my point is he’s slow tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man he's so scrawny.

I look at College Timmy and College David. (though not sure how old they are here)

and then i look at Chet

Dave and Timmy are both skinny but this is another level skinny. Yeah he'll get bigger but how much so?

But with that said, we need a Big that can score and post up and shoot. We are missing that badly. I would definitely be happy to have him on our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not boban lmao my point is he’s slow tho
    How about an endline to endline race between you and Chet?

Kind of like Chuck Barkley and Bavetta back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me more of Bol Bol. Bol Bol was posting historic numbers in college but his frame hurt his chances in the NBA. Could happen to Chet too.
    he reminds me of Bol Bol also.

I think Chet is a better defender now than Bol Bol has ever been though. He moves better laterally and has better defensive instincts than Bol also, but the first thing I thought watching him was Bol Bol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, looking at Chet’s body type I don’t think he is really gonna get that much bigger.

Dude definitely has good basketball IQ and plays hard on both sides of the ball. I just feel unless he gets really good at shooting 3 pointers and handling the basketball his talent might not transfer that well to the NBA.

Durant even in high school had wing skills for his height. Chet is solid handling the ball and shooting but doesn’t really look like a wing and with his frame that’s the most ideal area for him to play in the NBA in my opinion. he gets bodied in college trying to guard post players and he doesn’t really have post offensive moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ True that it will only be a matter of time before someone like the Donkey Green or a similar like a Morris Twin takes a cheapshot at Chet. Last night vs UCLA he took a semi cheapie and survived fine. But surely they will intensify.

Could cause serious injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, looking at Chet’s body type I don’t think he is really gonna get that much bigger.

Dude definitely has good basketball IQ and plays hard on both sides of the ball. I just feel unless he gets really good at shooting 3 pointers and handling the basketball his talent might not transfer that well to the NBA.

Durant even in high school had wing skills for his height. Chet is solid handling the ball and shooting but doesn’t really look like a wing and with his frame that’s the most ideal area for him to play in the NBA in my opinion. he gets bodied in college trying to guard post players and he doesn’t really have post offensive moves.
    Yeah, I mean, unless Chet starts averaging 26 and 11 while being a focal point on offense and taking 18 shots per game….. there really is no comparison to Durant here. Durant plays much differently and was on another level in college, despite all the oohs and aaahs Chet is getting. It’s all hypothetical so far for Chet similar to Kai Jones last year. People love the unknowns hence why people think Tre Jones is closer to being a building block than Dejounte.

Just because you could win a million dollars with a lottery ticket doesn’t mean you’re winning that million dollars.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he could somehow be our Sf that’d be elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I mean, unless Chet starts averaging 26 and 11 while being a focal point on offense and taking 18 shots per game….. there really is no comparison to Durant here. Durant plays much differently and was on another level in college, despite all the oohs and aaahs Chet is getting. It’s all hypothetical so far for Chet similar to Kai Jones last year. People love the unknowns hence why people think Tre Jones is closer to being a building block than Dejounte.

Just because you could win a million dollars with a lottery ticket doesn’t mean you’re winning that million dollars.
    huh? You totally overlooked the most important and prevalent part of my post.

I’m not saying the guy has to be as dynamic as Durant was even in high school. I’m saying it would be in his best interest to work on wing type of skills because with his body type it’s gonna be hard to be a really good (quality starter getting good minutes) NBA player with the skill set he has shown so far.

now of course he could be just playing the role the coach wants him to play to help the team win. He also can and will improve over time but the whole point of my post was in my opinion he is gonna have to sharpen those wing skills to really be a quality NBA player because he is too frail and weak to play In the post.

Kai Jones (even though he is thin) played more physical at the rim and is 100% a front court player. He never showed close to the wing type of skills that Chet has already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh? You totally overlooked the most important and prevalent part of my post.

I’m not saying the guy has to be as dynamic as Durant was even in high school. I’m saying it would be in his best interest to work on wing type of skills because with his body type it’s gonna be hard to be a really good (quality starter getting good minutes) NBA player with the skill set he has shown so far.

now of course he could be just playing the role the coach wants him to play to help the team win. He also can and will improve over time but the whole point of my post was in my opinion he is gonna have to sharpen those wing skills to really be a quality NBA player because he is too frail and weak to play In the post.

Kai Jones (even though he is thin) played more physical at the rim and is 100% a front court player. He never showed close to the wing type of skills that Chet has already.
    What? I was agreeing with you. The rest of my post was me putting my own thoughts. I wasn’t addressing any particular point of yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont think he's trying to be a wing. he's a center. but he will have a lot of trouble with some of the bigs like Embiid/KAT and the like

Thread Information