Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ oh no he's playing to be a F in the NBA.

Definitely lined up several times for trey bombs last night vs UCLA. It's mandatory he ends up on an NBA team with other bigs to do the muscle work. At least one.
    And that is exactly what he has on Gonzaga right now. It is working well.

Related, Zinger is looking much better on the Mavs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me more of Bol Bol. Bol Bol was posting historic numbers in college but his frame hurt his chances in the NBA. Could happen to Chet too.

totally agree about their frame, about their skills Holmgren is more polished, better IQ and a more complete player.

the big question is what position can he guard and his perimeter D. Other than that i think he can exist in the NBA, offcourse if he is not injury prone.

And don't forget that Bol Bol played only nine games with Oregon, we'll see if Holmgren can play all the season without being injured.( I'm not sure Holmgren had a lot of injuries during his youth)
    Last edited by duncan2150; 11-24-2021 at 08:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about an endline to endline race between you and Chet?

Kind of like Chuck Barkley and Bavetta back in the day.
    Easy, I’d smoke him lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? I was agreeing with you. The rest of my post was me putting my own thoughts. I wasn’t addressing any particular point of yours.
    my fault it seemed like you were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duke vs Gonzaga tonight. We're getting two potential Spurs in action tonight.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting absolutely rammed by Banchero lmao. Hope this bust stops getting head on this thread because of the color of his skin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ain’t getting a top-2 pick tbh. Too many ty teams right now and Spurs will improve as the season progresses. Much more likely we pick between 5-10 imo, especially if D. White starts playing like himself again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ain’t getting a top-2 pick tbh. Too many ty teams right now and Spurs will improve as the season progresses. Much more likely we pick between 5-10 imo, especially if D. White starts playing like himself again.
    No way to know with the flattened lottery odds. Many teams outside the top-4 have been jumping into it the last few drafts, and if the Spurs finish anywhere near a top-5 worst record, it wouldn't be a stretch at all.

I don't know about top-2, but the Spurs have a pretty good chance at a top 4 pick with the way the season is playing out so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll probably change but right now I think it's a top 4 player tier 1 draft with Banchero, Jabari, Chet, and Baldwin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Layed a three point shooting egg vs Alabama, but still hung in there with 11 rebs and 4 blocks in only 22 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet looked good stroking 3s and had some nice drives to the rack.

Vs San Francisco.

He's coming to the NBA, just a matter of if the team that gets him already has a big or two to provide the muscle.
    And / or if Chet can avoid getting cheapshotted cause you know that's coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting news that apparently Shaedon Sharpe will be eligible for the 2022 draft. This will likely change things significantly, because he could go top 5 and push some other guys like Chet down. Dynamic, athletic scorers like him and Ivey might be more interesting for some teams than 4s like Smith, Banchero or Chet, who's more of a 5 anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting news that apparently Shaedon Sharpe will be eligible for the 2022 draft. This will likely change things significantly, because he could go top 5 and push some other guys like Chet down. Dynamic, athletic scorers like him and Ivey might be more interesting for some teams than 4s like Smith, Banchero or Chet, who's more of a 5 anyway.
    Thought I read somewhere that he was planning on returning to Kentucky next year no matter what. But if he does end up coming out for some reason, he’s definitely a top-5 pick imo. Kid is gonna be good at the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the Spurs could have some lottery luck for once and get Banchero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought I read somewhere that he was planning on returning to Kentucky next year no matter what.
    Read that too but can't believe it honestly. He's pretty much a surefire top 5 pick, there's some chance he goes 1st too. Very few players have turned that chance down (Tim Duncan). He doesn't have much to gain from a season in college. It's a $30-40 mil contract on the table against the possibility to get injured or flame out like Emoni Bates, for example. He'd be smart to go pro immediately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather have Jabari Smith. I wouldn't touch those Duke players.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson and Duncan not enough for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the draft gods give us another lucky bounce I hope it’s in a better draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like suddenly the early enrollment option is something that is very much on the minds of Canadian players. Sharpe was part of the Nike-affiliated UPlay Canada program, like Primo, RJ Barrett, & Shai Gilgeous-Alexander before him, and someone up there seems to have honed in on this loophole of graduating high school a year early to enroll in college and gain that one year advantage in being available for the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather have Jabari Smith. I wouldn't touch those Duke players.
    Same. Smith >> Banchero imo. Defensively it’s not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson and Duncan not enough for you?
    That was over 20 years ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read that too but can't believe it honestly. He's pretty much a surefire top 5 pick, there's some chance he goes 1st too. Very few players have turned that chance down (Tim Duncan). He doesn't have much to gain from a season in college. It's a $30-40 mil contract on the table against the possibility to get injured or flame out like Emoni Bates, for example. He'd be smart to go pro immediately.
    Yeah, if he's a top 5 pick (really even a top 10), he'd be silly not to go; another reason is that it puts him 1 year closer to finishing his rookie contract and getting into the real money.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was over 20 years ago
    You're right, but in the Spurs' last 5 lotteries have produced Primo (11th pick, only a small chance of jumping to top 4), Vassell (12th pick, also small chance of jumping), Duncan, Elliott, and Robinson.

That's insane luck, especially considering that the Spurs got the #1 pick in the perfect years (1987, 1997) to land an instant MVP candidate (Robinson) and a GOAT candidate (Duncan).

I guess I'm looking at this from a different angle than you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, but in the Spurs' last 5 lotteries have produced Primo (11th pick, only a small chance of jumping to top 4), Vassell (12th pick, also small chance of jumping), Duncan, Elliott, and Robinson.

That's insane luck, especially considering that the Spurs got the #1 pick in the perfect years (1987, 1997) to land an instant MVP candidate (Robinson) and a GOAT candidate (Duncan).

I guess I'm looking at this from a different angle than you.
    True, I‘m looking at it from the NBA is rigging the lottery perspective like when they gave the Lakers the 4th pick so they could get AD. All these other teams except the Pacers have been tanking for years. Time to reward the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Smith >> Banchero imo. Defensively it’s not even close.
    Facts!!

Thread Information