Page 101 of 164 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah in the last few days his name seems to be everywhere. I love what I'm seeing from this guy.

This was a really interesting read...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/p/m...-has-begun?s=r

Seems like his game is tailor made for the combine too...

Looks sort of Primo like
    A little lacking in explosiveness,
    But then again it's not like watching a full game

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally any footage shows he's not Kyle Anderson.
    I haven’t seen any footage that shows explosiveness or any noteworthy athleticism. Not to say he isn’t I just haven’t seen it.

He looks like he moves methodically and deliberate rather than instinctually athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Jeremy Sochan as a less athletic Obi Toppin tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But way better on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obi Toppin never played a day of defense in his life. D is Sochan's calling card. Toppin was 22 when drafted. Sochan will be 19. Toppin is a terrible rebounder. Sochan is a good rebounder.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember, Toppin was a high leaper but had very poor lateral movement, so I guess there are different types of athleticism is what I would say. Sochan doesn't seem unathletic in any way to me; I'm curious to see his combine measurements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I watch Sochan he looks stiff in his movements, he’s not a leaper and he has to make up on plays with his Length because he’s not super quick. I like Sochan and think he‘ll be a target for the spurs but at 9 idk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obi Toppin was one of those prospects who drove me crazy with interviews. Every scouting reel and scouting report said he was a dunker who couldn't defend, so in interviews what did Toppin talk about incessantly-- was it working on defense? Nope. He talked about dunking, over and over again. I could just tell that his mindset wasn't focused on addressing shortcomings and becoming a better defender. But still so many people said he'd step right in from Day 1 and start at PF and be a big time scorer, which of course did not happen.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-12-2022 at 11:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I watch Sochan he looks stiff in his movements, he’s not a leaper and he has to make up on plays with his Length because he’s not super quick. I like Sochan and think he‘ll be a target for the spurs but at 9 idk
    If Sochan falls to around 15, I can see the spurs trading the 20 & 25th pick for him. Sochan is a decent player but not worth 2 first round picks, although the spurs have done some really boneheaded moves in the draft. They think they're out smarting every other team but they just outsmart themselves if they do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys realize athleticism isn't just jumping, right? Like, there's ways to move on a court that aren't just vertical. Kyle Anderson isn't the comparison because Sochan is much quicker in his reactions. He's more like a Scottie Barnes. They're both very big but move very well across the court. No one would say either is a vertical athlete.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 05-12-2022 at 11:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if athleticism was all that mattered, lonnie would be the best player on the spurs roster by far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys realize athleticism isn't just jumping, right? Like, there's ways to move on a court that aren't just vertical.
    difficult for some, i don't find one scouting saying Sochan is not a good athlet. Maybe is not explosive but he is a good athlet, when you are 6'9 and you can guard pretty every positions then you're good.

For all the debate about him and if he's a good pick at 9 .... imo yes he is, i have him second on my board for the spurs but i can understand the thing because for me when i watched him, i see a really high ceilling. You don't need to teach him defense and i see some upside offensively tough the % were low, the form was good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m nit advocating for or against as I know nothing regarding college prospects but these hype videos posted by so called twitter scouts are so damn useless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was wondering where that Miller hype was coming from, as I keep getting less and less impressed with every meaningless, new "workout" vid pooping out (horrible shot with slow release, actually slow overall) until I saw his agent was bill Duffy... from BDA Sports Management / WME Sports

Praise my kid and I'll give you some scoop or interview from my players (and he has a lot of NBA players).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that those videos of a guy working out solo are not the thing that impresses me. I think it's a thing to watch to evaluate the prospect shooting form or physical attributes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That shot is a real concern to me especially when we’ve heard a lot about Miller being a G and going through a growth spurt.

At 1:11 mark when he starts shooting, you get an idea of his form.
    His dominant hand drags right considerably from where he brings the ball up which would lead to an inconsistent release and some wild misses.
    He also has this stunted type jump effect where he really doesn’t look to be generating effective power from it either.

I had read that he had a variety of movement type shots in his bag - step backs, side steps etc which would be extremely hard to pull off with that form.

My conclusion - this is someone who was shooting the long ball at a very early age and developed poor habits by shooting it without the necessary tools at the time to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot is totally fixable, not concerned at all. He's the youngest player in the draft, or close to it. What matters is how he processes the game, what's inside his head, how he can be coached and understand the game better. None of that can be seen in dumb vids like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot definitely needs to be revamped. Too low and slow, and has a bit of a hitch in it. He’ll have to completely rework that imo, which isn’t a huge deal considering his age (youngest player in the draft this year at 18 1/2 years old). But it’s clear that he has nice touch for a 6’9-6’10 guy (still don’t buy his 6’11 billing) despite his weird mechanics.

Athleticism looks fine, nothing special. His scouting report says he’s not a good defender right now though, but that he also hasn’t been asked to play much defense due to the lack of compe ion, so hard to know. The combine will be telling of where he’s at in relation to the other guys.

Lastly, like Body said, I wanna see what he looks like in scrimmages. How he holds up against better compe ion, how he processes the game, if he stands out at all or disappears or just straight up struggles, etc. He’ll be battling guys 1-3 years older than him, so it’ll be interesting to see how he holds up. Looking forward to it. Wouldn’t be surprised if ends up going the G-League Unite route though if he underperforms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More breakdown of some of his HS game tape which, again, doesn’t tell us much given his level of compe ion. But it does highlight some of the little things he does at his ripe age of 18.

Also, this video mentions that he measures just under 6’10 barefoot, so maybe his 6’11 billing is legit. We’ll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smith looks intriguing ( young, athletic, 37% on 8 3pt attempts per game ), Diabate could be a nice 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Fort Erie Int’l Academy LOL as someone with roots in the area is that a fking joke?

Pls no. Atleast Primo played HS ball down south.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys realize athleticism isn't just jumping, right? Like, there's ways to move on a court that aren't just vertical. Kyle Anderson isn't the comparison because Sochan is much quicker in his reactions. He's more like a Scottie Barnes. They're both very big but move very well across the court. No one would say either is a vertical athlete.
    Yeah, he's more of a fluid (lateral quickness) than explosive athlete. He seems like a less athletic version of Aaron Gordon.

Similar to Daniels, I'd get it, but be underwhelmed at the same time (non shooter, lacking elite athleticism and go-to upside).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith looks intriguing ( young, athletic, 37% on 8 3pt attempts per game ), Diabate could be a nice 2nd round.
    Agreed, you know this draft is starting to look pretty deep as far as talent

Thread Information