Page 102 of 164 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a great draft to have multiple picks in, maybe doesn’t have sure fire stars but there’s lots of good players in it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a great draft to have multiple picks in, maybe doesn’t have sure fire stars but there’s lots of good players in it.
    Yes and that's why (unless a really good offer for a proven player or packaging two picks to moving up a lot ) i want the spurs to use their picks on players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-Jalen Duron
    20 Leonard Miller
    25 Kendal Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-Jalen Duron
    20 Leonard Miller
    25 Kendal Brown
    The more time passes, the more confident I am that the Spurs will not be selecting Jalen Duren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily what I want but this is how I foresee the draft going lol

9th- Ousmane Dieng
    20th- Bryce Mcgowens
    25th- Ismael Kamagate

call me crazy, but that looks like a spurs draft. Many won’t love it but I can see the spurs going that route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Fort Erie Int’l Academy LOL as someone with roots in the area is that a fking joke?

Pls no. Atleast Primo played HS ball down south.
    I’m bumping this. It looks like Leonard Miller was playing with and against kids that probably couldn’t get a D3 offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily what I want but this is how I foresee the draft going lol

9th- Ousmane Dieng
    20th- Bryce Mcgowens
    25th- Ismael Kamagate

call me crazy, but that looks like a spurs draft. Many won’t love it but I can see the spurs going that route.
    I am down with that draft:

38th - Josh Minott PF or Procida SF
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-12-2022 at 05:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't see the Spurs drafting 4 guys. Certainly some moves in the works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sort of think that way as well but the free agency class sucks this off-season and it’s become more and more apparent how valuable it is to have guys on rookie contracts. Some might argue that it would be bad because they’d become extension eligible all at the same time, let me tell you if they’re all good enough that they have to be extended we did pretty good in this draft lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you see the roster and the lack of places, plus the money they will have in the FA : yes it's unlikely but what if they don't have some good offers ? i think the spurs should draft unless they have really good offers. The FO is in the good seat with money and 4 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith looks intriguing ( young, athletic, 37% on 8 3pt attempts per game ), Diabate could be a nice 2nd round.
    Smith’s profile seems to have risen considerably post college season. Raf. Barlowe was the first I’d saw mention him and he had him pegged as a definite first rounder.

Pete Nance is interesting, brother to Larry who was a SpursTalk favourite in FA/Trade awhile ago.
    From that same article that mentioned Jalen Williams:

Larry Nance Jr. got his father’s vertical ability, but Pete Nance got his father’s jumpshot. Both players are ideal bigs for dribble-hand-off situations, pick-and-roll, or playing the high post. Both Larry and Pete demonstrate the ability to read the floor, make sharp passes, and be positive contributors on both ends. Both had 20%+ assist rates, 20%+ defensive rebounding rates, and 4%+ block rates on 25%+ usage.
    The one thing Lakers would have loved early on from Larry Nance Jr. was some 3-point ability. It wasn’t just about making 3-point shots, but also having some gravity to open up the paint.
    Pete does that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of draft-and-stash options in this draft. But yea, could also trade for a future FRP and I’d be okay with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is reportedly moving up draft boards. Interesting prospect. Explosive athlete at 6’4. Averaged 16/4/2 this season and shot 36% from 3.

Shot 50% on corner 3’s this season though (!!). Spurs worked him out yesterday. Name to keep an eye on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sort of think that way as well but the free agency class sucks this off-season and it’s become more and more apparent how valuable it is to have guys on rookie contracts. Some might argue that it would be bad because they’d become extension eligible all at the same time, let me tell you if they’re all good enough that they have to be extended we did pretty good in this draft lol
    The problem isn’t if they’re good enough. If they all become eligible at the samevtime, and they agree to take DJ’s bargain $15M/yr extension, that’s like dropping a $45M contract on your cap, sudden like. I think they’ll draft the lottery pick and #38, see who’s there at #20, and maybe stash it, and trade #25 to someone for a future #1, kicking the can down the road, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you see the roster and the lack of places, plus the money they will have in the FA : yes it's unlikely but what if they don't have some good offers ? i think the spurs should draft unless they have really good offers. The FO is in the good seat with money and 4 picks.
    There’s always a market for FRPs. The price includes a convenience charge for wanting a player right now and needing a pick. Usually a better FRP in the future, or an equivalent one and a SRP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of teams have multiple first round picks and a couple have multiple second round picks it will be interesting to see what the market dictates. Me I am for getting the best players and then worry about contracts latter on - keep the ones we want and trade the others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that those videos of a guy working out solo are not the thing that impresses me. I think it's a thing to watch to evaluate the prospect shooting form or physical attributes...
    All this video shows is the he's tall enough to dunk, big whoop. Color me unimpressed so for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if Spurs get lucky and get a top 4 pick, then we might see some trades, go all in to contend. IF Spurs stay with 9th pick, I’ll see them using all 4 picks and see what they get. I’m praying for the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if Spurs get lucky and get a top 4 pick, then we might see some trades, go all in to contend. IF Spurs stay with 9th pick, I’ll see them using all 4 picks and see what they get. I’m praying for the former.
    top 4 pick Spurs drafting for the future. We make the first round next year with a top 4 pick. Can go wrong with any of the to prospects even if the 3 bigs are gone, we draft Ivey with the 4th and a 4 with #20

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-Jalen Duron
    20 Leonard Miller
    25 Kendal Brown
    I would be ecstatic with that haul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes part deux?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes part deux?
    Definitely some similarities. Marcello’s a little taller but they have similar builds and similar games. Both 3-point shooters who struggle defensively. Spurs may not be able to resist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does average a steal a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of teams have multiple first round picks and a couple have multiple second round picks it will be interesting to see what the market dictates. Me I am for getting the best players and then worry about contracts latter on - keep the ones we want and trade the others
    The problem is, once you figure out the FRPs that aren’t developing to your satisfaction, pretty much everyone else knows that, too, and you’ll never pull a FRP for them. Call it the Lonnie dilemma. I also see an issue with trying to simultaneously develop 3 FRPs. There’s usually one PD coach who focuses on the FRP. The other coaches might interface here and there, but their main job is scouting and upcoming game prep.

Kick that #25 pick down the road a year or two, and maybe it turns into a better pick.

Thread Information