Page 107 of 164 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4088
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 is way way to early for drafting him but your right by 20 he might be gone....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 is way way to early for drafting him
    He's going to get looks ala Primo last year. The Spurs are either going to have to hold their nerve or go all in...

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Davis is my fav right now. Seeing him on that Taco Bell commercial just reinforced my belief in his s om. In the playoffs the superstars get buckets. The name Johnny Davis just sounds like a future HOF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JWill’s IQ is through the roof. Draft this man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After a couple years, this boy will be a yearly top 5 wing during his career. Call me out if I’m wrong. At least I have the balls to call it on someone who isn’t already projected lotto (like Sharpe)
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-26-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my updated BB since we've had the combine and a few workout reports. I think there will be more movement and a few guys in tier 6 have a chance to move up.

Tier 1
    1. Paolo Banchero
    2. Jabari Smith
    3. Chet Holmgren
    4. Jaden Ivey
    Tier 2
    5. Keegan Murray
    6. Benedict Mathurin
    7. Shaedon Sharpe
    8. Jalen Duren
    Tier 3
    9. Johnny Davis
    10. Ousmane Dieng
    11. Dyson Daniels
    12. AJ Griffin
    Tier 4
    13. Mark Williams
    14. Tari Eason
    15. Jeremy Sochan
    16. EJ Liddell
    17. Ochai Agbagi
    Tier 5
    18. Patrick Baldwin Jr
    19. Blake Wesley
    20. Malaki Branham
    21. Jaden Hardy
    22. Nikola Jovic
    Tier 6
    23. Jalen Williams
    24. Gabriele Procida
    25. Wendell Moore Jr
    26. MarJon Beauchamp
    27. John Butler Jr
    28. Kendall Brown
    29. TyTy Washington Jr
    30. Kenny Chandler

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can’t see how Jalen Duren is so high, especially for us. Can’t shoot. Has no post moves. Not a multipositional defender. He’s great at a few things, things within five feet of the basket, but it’s not where the league has trended over the last ten years. His comps were all drafted at around 18 or lower. For pick #20, sure, absolutely. I value him about the same as Ochai Agbaji.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can’t see how Jalen Duren is so high, especially for us. Can’t shoot. Has no post moves. Not a multipositional defender. He’s great at a few things, things within five feet of the basket, but it’s not where the league has trended over the last ten years. His comps were all drafted at around 18 or lower. For #20, sure, absolutely.
    His shot isn't that bad and some evaluators think he will be a good mid range shooter. If you're in the camp that thinks he has a broken shot you'll have him much lower but, if you think his shot looks decent and that he can be a mid range plus shooter then you have him higher....I think his shot will be fine..

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting seems like his swing skill for sure.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can’t see how Jalen Duren is so high, especially for us. Can’t shoot. Has no post moves. Not a multipositional defender. He’s great at a few things, things within five feet of the basket, but it’s not where the league has trended over the last ten years. His comps were all drafted at around 18 or lower. For pick #20, sure, absolutely. I value him about the same as Ochai Agbaji.
    Ogbaji is better than Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read THIS and you'll see why people are high on Duren. You are massively under rating his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read THIS and you'll see why people are high on Duren. You are massively under rating his defense.
    That writer should be a kindergarten teacher. Everything is "astounding" and "exceptional." He throws superlatives around like stickers. Everyone's phenomenal! Everyone's great!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That writer should be a kindergarten teacher. Everything is "astounding" and "exceptional." He throws superlatives around like stickers. Everyone's phenomenal! Everyone's great!
    I went back and re-read, got 1/3 of the way thru the article, and found ONE superlative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/cavalier...draft-targets/
    The guy they’d draft at No. 14 is really team-friendly in terms of his contract and a young player under team control for the next four or five years. The type of player they’d acquire in a trade centered around the 14th pick I don’t think is going to move the needle all that much for them to give up the chance to take a swing on the upside of Malaki Branham, Johnny Davis, Ben Mathurin if he falls down the board, Tari Eason, who’s a player I know the Cavs like. Kentucky’s TyTy Washington is another player I know the Cavs like. Jeremy Sochan is another player I know the Cavs are interested in.
    Damn... I was hoping they'd go for Agbaji, but there seems to be quite an overlap with our (as in the forums') interests.
    I'm hoping at least Eason falls a bit so we can nab him @ 20 or at least he makes it to the 15 - 20 range were we can possibly trade up for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Duren @ 9 better value than Kamagate or Koloko @ 25, maybe even 38 (one of them could fall)? Unless he massively improves his offensive skillset, I'm going with no...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams is still underrated. He's
    definitely a lottery pick talent.
    I definitely like the highlights we've seen from him, both season and combine, but I'm wary of putting too much stock on the combine.
    Granted, he seems talented indeed, plus he's young for a junior (21) and long, and if he's available @20 seems like a really good pick, or even trade up a bit from 20... but using no. 9 on him seems too much for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you ignore the combine, he elevated that Santa Clara team which no one has done since Steve Nash. This is how amateurs miss out on great talent. I’m all in, baby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say he can't shoot, he showed some nice things in that regard. Still a work in progress but he made 10 of his 19 shots from the elbow for example. He has a high ceilling imo and he can defend the perimeter.

Every team needs someone like that, a true guy in the paint.

Is he worth a top 10 pick ? yes absolutely for me. Is he the player spurs needs ? not necesseraly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-kawhi-leonard

Man, when you look at player comparisons including Tari Eason, his production per 36 is eye-popping. It's hard not to be super-intrigued by him, but then those questions about whether he actually knows how to play within a system or will be able to cut down on those turnovers and fouls.

(Not accounting for age differences.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-kawhi-leonard

Man, when you look at player comparisons including Tari Eason, his production per 36 is eye-popping. It's hard not to be super-intrigued by him, but then those questions about whether he actually knows how to play within a system or will be able to cut down on those turnovers and fouls.

(Not accounting for age differences.)
    My real question about Eason is his ballhandling. Looks a little bit weird, his shot can be fixed imo and the physical tools are really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My real question about Eason is his ballhandling. Looks a little bit weird, his shot can be fixed imo and the physical tools are really good.
    Oh, I have more questions than ballhandling. I'm fascinated by him, but he's like that freak of nature who just freakin dominates at your Y games, just kills people, but could never win a lot in organized ball because he's always fouling out and coughing the ball up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you ignore the combine, he elevated that Santa Clara team which no one has done since Steve Nash. This is how amateurs miss out on great talent. I’m all in, baby.
    Haven't seen him in actual games, so I'm just going with that I'm most confident. But may very well be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's a good read and a nice approach to looking at defense, but I had to laugh a little at the sentence on Mark Williams: "Mark Williams is a quick leaper with pretty good length... "

(Article was written 5 months ago)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams, totally a Knicks pick. A rugged guard who can dig in and do multiple things, muscular and tough, be a crowd pleaser, who won't wind up winning that many games for them.

Thread Information