Page 157 of 164 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will legit be shocked if we draft Duren at 9. Two weeks ago I thought there was no way that happens. Now I’m not so certain, though I still don’t think it does. Even last week I would’ve had us taking Mark Williams over Duren given timvp’s intel.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of Brian Wright's quotes sound like a veiled way of saying the Spurs aren't drafting Jalen Duren. "We won't hesitate to draft a guard," "we want versatility," etc. That makes me wonder if the plan really is to draft Duren and the Spurs trotted out Wright to try to get the rest of the basketball world off of the scent
    I suppose drafting another guard is another way to not be versatile. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea this is under the assumption that Daniels is gone by 9. If he’s available, I think he’ll be the pick. I go back and forth between he and Sochan.
    It’s a good debate. Similar skill sets and weaknesses, generally speaking. I’d go with the taller guy typically. But part of the versatility of Dyson is…could he be our future point guard? That would shake up potential trades. Just spitballing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably, though Dyson or Jalen Williams I suppose could be versatile as well.
    Yeah and Wright says its not just about size which Sochan has but who knows whats going to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, ESPN’s mock currently has us taking Sharpe at #9.
    I logged back on to say something about this.. and I am going to piggy back on your mention.

Wright said, they are not in a position to eschew best player available. If someone falls to them that they consider the BPA, even if it's not who they originally thought they were drafting there, they will take him.

Sharpe notoriously worked out for the Spurs. Didn't give a good interview afterwards, seemed like an airhead, but if he wowed then I'd have to think he's in play. The rumor though is that Portland is definitely taking him, so Sharpe is out.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to take anything Wright says at face value. I don't think he's dumb enough to tip his hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I logged back on to say something about this.. and I am going to piggy back on your mention.

Wright said, they are not in a position to eschew best player available. If someone falls to them that they consider the BPA, even if it's not who they originally thought they were drafting there, they will take him.

Sharpe notoriously worked out for the Spurs. Didn't give a good interview afterwards, seemed like an airhead, but if he wowed then I'd have to think he's in play. The rumor though is that Portland is definitely taking him, so Sharpe is out.
    Absolutely no way Sharpe is in play for the Spurs. They were doing due diligence.

He's not BPA at #9 anyway. The kid is so ing overrated it's unbelievable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will legit be shocked if we draft Duren at 9. Two weeks ago I thought there was no way that happens. Now I’m not so certain, though I still don’t think it does. Even last week I would’ve had us taking Mark Williams over Duren given timvp’s intel.
    It really depends who is available to them.

We don't think Sharpe is a Spurs type at all, but if he were available to them, and they watched him in person and are sold he will be a star, they are not in a position to say no thank you. That's what I took from it, not that they will take Sharpe. He's just the most bold example I can come up with in this range.

Also, doesn't matter what position that guy plays, which could mean, it doesn't matter who we already have in the team, this is not about filling a hole.

I really like that approach. Use the 20-38 picks to take niche guys that you think will fill out different holes if you want, but at 9, take whoever BPA is. It could be Duren, but it also could not be him, could be a guard even though the team is well stocked there. It also doesn't mean they will necessarily plug a perceived hole, other than the hole of upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely no way Sharpe is in play for the Spurs. They were doing due diligence.

He's not BPA at #9 anyway. The kid is so ing overrated it's unbelievable.
    I am trying to prove a different point Mr. Body, using someone that most people don't expect them to like. If he was the second coming of Michael Jordan you don't say no... and no I am not saying he is any such thing. It's a hypothetical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trying to prove a different point Mr. Body, using someone that most people don't expect them to like. If he was the second coming of Michael Jordan you don't say no... and no I am not saying he is any such thing. It's a hypothetical.
    Yeah and the cure for cancer is going to spurt out of his zits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to take anything Wright says at face value. I don't think he's dumb enough to tip his hand.
    I am team Duren myself, but I do like Sochan, Davis and a few others. Frankly as long as they don't take a project, and by that I mean someone who can't do anything well right now, then I'll be fine.

I want someone with at least a medium floor... can do something now, and will add things to his game as time goes on. There's a few guys that I am not even crazy about that can do that, but I really don't like guys that can't do anything well right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of Brian Wright's quotes sound like a veiled way of saying the Spurs aren't drafting Jalen Duren. "We won't hesitate to draft a guard," "we want versatility," etc. That makes me wonder if the plan really is to draft Duren and the Spurs trotted out Wright to try to get the rest of the basketball world off of the scent
    CIA POP thing to do.

Frankly we all hope the unexpected is something like this. Something they are uncharacteristic about like taking a real big man, instead of some reach coming from left field that no one thought about before because honestly...

If they want to take an 18 year old, that is still a little raw and needs to improve his shooting, at least take the one who has an imposing physique and an NBA skill to start. Then go from there. I am all for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

there is so much subterfuge in the draft it's just too hard to tell. on the other hand, it could be the spurs actually saying what they'll do to get other teams to believe that the spurs are going to do something different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why it can happen!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is so much subterfuge in the draft it's just too hard to tell. on the other hand, it could be the spurs actually saying what they'll do to get other teams to believe that the spurs are going to do something different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After years of smoke and mirrors spurs just go hidden in plain sight this year.

The misdirection was no misdirection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for a moment there, i thought this was from the amber heard trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After years of smoke and mirrors spurs just go hidden in plain sight this year.

The misdirection was no misdirection
    Yea they are drafting a guard again.. and to Mr. Body's relief it will probably not be Sharpe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs drafted Sharpe would that increase his trade value because the super safe Spurs vetted him? Spitballing.

He probably will go sooner, but why would PDX telegraph their intentions so blatantly? Or maybe in the age of social media it’s impossible to contain and the flood of information is it’s own inherent confusion, you know, like normal life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the trade deadline, the assets and flexibility, I still don't expect much in terms of movement. They'll probably take Sochan or Dieng because they're the two presumed candidates I don't want at 9, try and fail to package 20 and 25 to move into the teens, trade one for a protected '23 1st and not move a player off the current roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng a Spur or Poeltl being shipped out confirmed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng a Spur or Poeltl being shipped out confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ousmane Dieng a Spur confirmed then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully not at 9 though. Way too high for Dieng.

Thread Information