Page 3 of 164 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately, there is no way in we will be a top 2 in the draft lottery, as Houston has cornered the market on Ping Pong balls. Now if we can somehow allow them to sweep us, we may have a chance.

if we were able to get the top pick and Victor was available......Holy Moly, the Basketball Gods have once again shined down on the Alamo City.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately, there is no way in we will be a top 2 in the draft lottery, as Houston has cornered the market on Ping Pong balls. Now if we can somehow allow them to sweep us, we may have a chance.
    Bottom 3 have an equal chance at the top 4 picks, so it doesn't matter what Houston are doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been following Keegan Murray lately and he looks like the real deal. 21 points and 8 rebs right now at the half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m backing off my S. Barnes comp for Banchero. I think that le belongs more to Jabari Smith. duncan2150

Right now, my favorite players:

1a. Patrick Baldwin Jr.
    1b. Keegan Murray
    2. Banchero
    3. Jaden Ivey

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keegan Murray is quite impressive. It's only highlights, but still. I'd love it in a Spurs uni. The young scorer at the forward spot Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keegan Murray is quite impressive. It's only highlights, but still. I'd love it in a Spurs uni. The young scorer at the forward spot Spurs need.
    Keegan also draws a lot of fouls and isn’t afraid of contact, which is a sore need on this Spurs team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m backing off my S. Barnes comp for Banchero. I think that le belongs more to Jabari Smith. duncan2150

1a. Patrick Baldwin Jr.
    1b. Keegan Murray
    2. Banchero
    3. Jaden Ivey
    If you're comparing Jabari and Scottie Barnes I'm curious how you're getting that? Do you just mean athleticism because Barnes always looked like his shot was broken to me...Jabari looks pretty fluid.

Jabari is my #1 (admittedly I'm just starting to look at these guys..less than a week that I've paid any attention to it) followed by Baldwin then Banchero...(full disclosure- I haven't watched Murray yet at all)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're comparing Jabari and Scottie Barnes I'm curious how you're getting that? Do you just mean athleticism because Barnes always looked like his shot was broken to me...Jabari looks pretty fluid.

Jabari is my #1 (admittedly I'm just starting to look at these guys..less than a week that I've paid any attention to it) followed by Baldwin then Banchero...(full disclosure- I haven't watched Murray yet at all)..
    They both feed off their intensity to make game changing plays. Both look like they never run out of energy. Their length and athleticism allows them to shoot over people or make plays inside. Yes, Jabari’s shot is better. However, he is the same as Scottie where he isn’t a natural scorer and it’s not where he can put the team on his back to lead the game in scoring. It’s why he hasn’t had consistent scoring games. It’s going to fluctuate all season from 10 points to 20 points and maybe even some games where he has less than 10 points. The offensive awareness and fundamentals aren’t there. These aren’t all things that will doom him from being a good player. Just stating the type of player he is. Personally, it’s not the type of player I could see leading the Spurs in the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both feed off their intensity to make game changing plays. Both look like they never run out of energy. Their length and athleticism allows them to shoot over people or make plays inside. Yes, Jabari’s shot is better. However, he is the same as Scottie where he isn’t a natural scorer and it’s not where he can put the team on his back to lead the game in scoring. It’s why he hasn’t had consistent scoring games. It’s going to fluctuate all season from 10 points to 20 points and maybe even some games where he has less than 10 points. The offensive awareness and fundamentals aren’t there. These aren’t all things that will doom him from being a good player. Just stating the type of player he is. Personally, it’s not the type of player I could see leading the Spurs in the future.
    Ok, I can buy that... I think the difference in the shot is significant though... I think Jabari has a much better chance of becoming a go-to scorer that can put a team on his back than Barnes does and the shot is what gives him that chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just realized I gave Banchero a Jalen Johnson comp, not a Barnes one. That’s the one I meant I’m backing off of.

Banchero is much more convincing on halfcourt sets than Jalen. I’ll come up with a better comp later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like to make reactions based on a single game, let alone three. If I were to though, based on the game tonight, Banchero should probably be the #1 pick if the Spurs pick there. If the Spurs land between #2 to #6, Baldwin or Keegan should be the pick. If they land past #7, it should be Ivey. This is my really, really early analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero needs to move more off-ball. When he doesn’t have the ball, he just hovers around one area. While I think he’s worthy of the #1 pick, this is the reason why I find Baldwin and Keegan more enjoyable to watch. They both embrace playing within a team, and have no problems running around to get open. There’s no expectation that they should be force fed the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paolo loves to live inside the paint on defense and that’s really concerning. There’s not much sample size of him defending the perimeter that’s enough to convince people that he will do fine with the speed of the NBA. And this is where he drew the Jalen Johnson comp from me. Seems like he’s a big with ISO skills on offense. His lack of activity will be the mountain he has to climb if he wants to be great. The reason he’s worthy of the #1 pick is I can see building an offense around his skills, but 1) will he be a liability on defense and 2) can he play unselfish and allow an offense to thrive without him needing the ball?
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-27-2021 at 12:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paolo loves to live inside the paint on defense and that’s really concerning. There’s not much sample size of him defending the perimeter that’s enough to convince people that he will do fine with the speed of the NBA. And this is where he drew the Jalen Johnson comp from me. Seems like he’s a big with ISO skills on offense. His lack of activity will be the mountain he has to climb if he wants to be great. The reason he’s worthy of the #1 pick is I can see building an offense around his skills, but 1) will he be a liability on defense and 2) can he play unselfish and allow an offense to thrive without him needing the ball?
    It's hard to tell what the Coach K does anymore. He gets gobs of top freshmen and they just sort of play. I haven't been hugely impressed with guys coming out of Duke for a while now. It's almost like he's bored and is just coasting on accolades at this point. Time to hang them up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks taller than he's listed...I wonder if he's grown since that measurement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My tier 1 is Banchero, Holmgren and Smith in no particular order.
    Tier 2 Baldwin Jr, Ivey, Hardy, Duren.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't get over Holmgren and his size or lack thereof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I am wrong but we don’t have our second round pick for the 2022 Draft? Which kinda sucks if true since it will be the highest second we would have used in a LONG time - I hope I am wrong though.
    That pick went to Utah in 2016 for them to eat the last year of Diaw’s salary. . Don’t worry. We’ll have Detroits pick, which will be better than ours, most likely. First payoff in the DeRozan trade. We also have this year’s Laker second rounder from that same trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s early but I’m already looking forward to a few players. Banchero, Holmgren, & Smith stand out the most but I also like Ivey & Murray. Thats 5 players right off the bat. Plus I trust the Spurs enough to mold a player with true potential. Our franchise player might not be too far away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1a. Patrick Baldwin Jr.
    1b. Keegan Murray
    2. Banchero
    3. Jaden Ivey
    Yes Smith is active, really like his character.

Murray is killin it this year, he's older than others prospects at the age of 21 but really interesting player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets with a 4 game win streak! Let's go Clutch City

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if we were able to get the top pick and Victor was available......Holy Moly, the Basketball Gods have once again shined down on the Alamo City.
    THE
    FINAL
    STANDINGS
    ARENT
    THE
    DRAFT
    ORDER.

They have this thing called the lottery. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Detroit moved up within the top 4, and two other teams moved into the top 4, Cleveland and Toronto. If you’re keeping up, in the 3 years of the new format, 9 teams have moved from outside the top 4 to inside the top 4. So, 9 of the total top 12 picks were made from outside of the top 4 pre lottery positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE
    FINAL
    STANDINGS
    ARENT
    THE
    DRAFT
    ORDER.

They have this thing called the lottery. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Detroit moved up within the top 4, and two other teams moved into the top 4, Cleveland and Toronto. If you’re keeping up, in the 3 years of the new format, 9 teams have moved from outside the top 4 to inside the top 4. So, 9 of the total top 12 picks were made from outside of the top 4 pre lottery positions.
    A draft lottery? No way.....I was wondering where the ping pong balls came from......well thank you for telling me.

BTW, I know we have a chance......just expecting the worst since nephew did us dirty.

If we do get the top pick, I hope we don't waste it on the flagpole from Gonzaga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank another year and get Victor Wembanyama !

Thread Information