Page 4 of 164 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank another year and get Victor Wembanyama !
    Man, I'm so incredibly turned off by noodle-stick prospects like Victor, or Chet this year, or Poku the year before. I know NBA basketball is at maybe all-time levels of non-physicality and offensively tilted officiating, and that Kevin Durant exists and has made an all-time career out of that same body frame, but it's just so unlikely that a player with that body type can succeed long-term in the league, IMO. Game is way too fast-paced for those joints.

I'd much rather have a prospect like Anthony Edwards, Banchero, that kind of strongman build. Hopefully the Spurs can get a top 3 pick, and not "waste" it on Chet, this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about that Nikola Jovic guy this year, wasn’t he really hyped up? Has he not performed well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else hear that Banchero loses on average 7lbs in sweat a game and needs a special electrolyte concoction to stay hydrated. Reason he cramps up. WTF?!?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top 3 picks at the moment are;
    1. Jabari Smith: dude looks like he can be a go to score in the League. he has a chance to be special
    2. Baldwin Jr:
    3. Duran

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How can anyone look at the current Spurs roster or the general state of the NBA and then still want to gamble on non-shooters hoping they’ll improve their shooting over time? This is a no-brainer— go for a shooter like PBJ in the draft with star potential and don’t look back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PBJ hit em with a “sit yo ass down” after the 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top realistic list:

Top tier.
    Jabari Smith - Instant starter at PF and easily best player on our team also a definite need and fit
    Jalen Duran - Our potential starting center in one to two years only draft him if Spurs think his offensive game has potential?

Second tier.
    Keegan Murray - A SF/PF Who does it all a very complete game only question is he will be almost 22 when we draft what is his ceiling?
    Patrick Baldwin - A SF/ PF a great shooter would definitely be a good fit for our team has nice size 6’10
    Jaden Ivey - Dude is smoking hot right now would be Lonnie replacement 6’4 SG- Kid is just a baller has great court vision and is a scorer.
    Kendall Brown - Another really smart player who can shoot and does everything definitely like this kid SF

If we can stay in top 10 of draft we good after that I think talent drops.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top realistic list:

Top tier.
    Jabari Smith - Instant starter at PF and easily best player on our team also a definite need and fit
    Jalen Duran - Our potential starting center in one to two years only draft him if Spurs think his offensive game has potential?

Second tier.
    Keegan Murray - A SF/PF Who does it all a very complete game only question is he will be almost 22 when we draft what is his ceiling?
    Patrick Baldwin - A SF/ PF a great shooter would definitely be a good fit for our team has nice size 6’10
    Jaden Ivey - Dude is smoking hot right now would be Lonnie replacement 6’4 SG- Kid is just a baller has great court vision and is a scorer.
    Kendall Brown - Another really smart player who can shoot and does everything definitely like this kid SF

If we can stay in top 10 of draft we good after that I think talent drops.
    I like the list, but I question the "realism" of some of the names. I see the Spurs being somewhere between picks 6 and 10, and I think Jabari Smith, Jalen Duren, and Jaden Ivey are top 5 picks. I could see Duren falling to pick 6 or 7 but I think the others are locks for the top 5 right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you thought Primo was raw… Ivey looks like he has no idea how to play basketball. That being said I would loooive to have him on the Spurs. Dude has dawg in him is quick as and attacks the pint like no tomorrow. He also looks for contact which is nice instead of avoiding it. He has a funky shot which I don’t expect Chip to be able to fix bc Chip sucks but it looks like it can be serviceable. Dude could be like Westbrook tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in this draft pops to me in the limited amount I've seen of the prospects, which is why I'm not upset at the Spurs winning games and possibly messing with their tank odds.

Some of these guys look alright and would probably be starters once they got over themselves in the g-league but I don't see anyone like Mobley for instance. Don't know if any 4s or 5s will even exceed John Collins, who while I was all in on being a use of their capspace this summer it's fair to point out that he's never been an all star. I guess that's what I see this year, no all stars. I probably haven't watched enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in this draft pops to me in the limited amount I've seen of the prospects, which is why I'm not upset at the Spurs winning games and possibly messing with their tank odds.

Some of these guys look alright and would probably be starters once they got over themselves in the g-league but I don't see anyone like Mobley for instance. Don't know if any 4s or 5s will even exceed John Collins, who while I was all in on being a use of their capspace this summer it's fair to point out that he's never been an all star. I guess that's what I see this year, no all stars. I probably haven't watched enough.
    Who really popped out last year? Most of the top picks were iffy with Mobley and Cunningham showing some talent, but probably not franchise-changing talent -- although Mobley is playing well in a team with talent. The best player might have been Scottie Barnes and he dropped. The G-League kiddies were dubious. Same for the year before, with Wiseman a joke and Ant-man pretty good but also maybe not a franchise player.

The draft nowadays is pretty dubious. It's hard to tell where really great talent is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How can anyone look at the current Spurs roster or the general state of the NBA and then still want to gamble on non-shooters hoping they’ll improve their shooting over time? This is a no-brainer— go for a shooter like PBJ in the draft with star potential and don’t look back.
    I was just going to post his highlights, one of my top choice for next year. The shoot is pure, he will give you size, IQ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who really popped out last year? Most of the top picks were iffy with Mobley and Cunningham showing some talent, but probably not franchise-changing talent -- although Mobley is playing well in a team with talent. The best player might have been Scottie Barnes and he dropped. The G-League kiddies were dubious. Same for the year before, with Wiseman a joke and Ant-man pretty good but also maybe not a franchise player.

The draft nowadays is pretty dubious. It's hard to tell where really great talent is.
    Just giving my impressions. Mobley might be a franchise player.

Edwards and Ball are the 2 guys I didn't play attention to that year.

This is much earlier than I usually start looking so it's probably unfair, but I'm not viewing Banchero or Holmgren on Mobley's level though I know even he had bad games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just giving my impressions. Mobley might be a franchise player.

Edwards and Ball are the 2 guys I didn't play attention to that year.

This is much earlier than I usually start looking so it's probably unfair, but I'm not viewing Banchero or Holmgren on Mobley's level though I know even he had bad games.
    I think Mobley is going to be at least a very good foundation guy. My point is just that there are few franchise guys that are apparently nowadays, players come out so young and undeveloped. Teams are forced to bite on G-League doofuses and guys like Wiseman who hide themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mobley is going to be at least a very good foundation guy. My point is just that there are few franchise guys that are apparently nowadays, players come out so young and undeveloped. Teams are forced to bite on G-League doofuses and guys like Wiseman who hide themselves.
    As a contrast, people don't need to see that much from Wembayana or Scoot for the following draft, I think i like both those guys over anyone in this draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like Keegan started off uncharacteristically slow (likely due to coming back from an injury) and then almost willed his team to victory in the fourth. I hope this guy gets overlooked so that he’s there wherever we pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the spurs likely falling somewhere between the 4th and 8th pick of the draft, i wonder if they might consider employing the same strategy they did with primo-trying to find a very young player who enters the draft but may still be a year away. this is what they did with primo: grabbed a player that was late lottery material or beyond this past draft but who likely would have been a top five pick in the next. i don't know of any such player but then i had no clue about primo either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the spurs likely falling somewhere between the 4th and 8th pick of the draft, i wonder if they might consider employing the same strategy they did with primo-trying to find a very young player who enters the draft but may still be a year away. this is what they did with primo: grabbed a player that was late lottery material or beyond this past draft but who likely would have been a top five pick in the next. i don't know of any such player but then i had no clue about primo either.
    We picked 12th for that pick. It was a gamble on a lot of players at that point.

If we have the 4th pick, there wouldn't be a need to do that (in theory, unless there is a very specific player you have in mind). If we have the 8th pick, that would be debatable. In general, really wouldn't want to go that route with still having high caliber players readily available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if you want young get Jalen Duran at Center he will only be 18 years old on draft night. But most of the guys in top 10 are all pretty young 19 years old on draft night. You though might see them take a chance on an international player with Detroit’s pick which should be a very early second

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If they draft 4 to 8, i don't think they will make a gamble a la primo, a player who is projected far away from their range. They can suprise but i don't think it will be an under the radar type of guy at that range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs have a 2nd round pick this year?

I don't see this year's squad landing outside of the top 10. Pick 6-8 is where I think they'll land. There should be some very helpful talent available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs have a 2nd round pick this year?

I don't see this year's squad landing outside of the top 10. Pick 6-8 is where I think they'll land. There should be some very helpful talent available.
    We have two. Detroit’s via the Wizards and Lakers via the Bulls I believe. That Detroit one will be top 35 likely. Utah owns our original SRP. Austin might be stacked next year lol

I really hope we go for the best player available if we have a top 5 pick. As much as we need a modern 4, best player available makes the most sense for a roster starved of talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we had the number 1 pick Pop would throw him to the g league anyways

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have two. Detroit’s via the Wizards and Lakers via the Bulls I believe. That Detroit one will be top 35 likely. Utah owns our original SRP. Austin might be stacked next year lol

I really hope we go for the best player available if we have a top 5 pick. As much as we need a modern 4, best player available makes the most sense for a roster starved of talent.
    The thing I have been praying for is the Spurs somehow get the 3rd pick yeah yeah I know I am dreaming but what is life without Hope. And with that pick it is a not brainer to pick PF Jabari Smith which gives us best player available and definitely a team need for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing I have been praying for is the Spurs somehow get the 3rd pick yeah yeah I know I am dreaming but what is life without Hope. And with that pick it is a not brainer to pick PF Jabari Smith which gives us best player available and definitely a team need for sure.
    I question whether Jabari will still be there at #3.

Thread Information