Page 6 of 164 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can’t create his own shot, then it seems hard to see him going top 10, speaking in generalities. His shooting form looked ok from that one three point attempt I saw. But I could see him mid to late first round. But if a team sees an underutilized offensive game, then who knows. The details matter, as the Primo pick showed.

I tend to agree with you in general, that's a good question because he seems to exceed the concern ( he is a top 10-15 player in a lot of mocks now) about his raw offense with the way he plays in transition, his passing or Ballhandling Skills, Defense....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the kid he I believe was a 5 star recruit and he is a true Freshman he definitely has lottery hops and he does seem to have a high ball IQ - I think he could be a decent 3 pointer but one thing is that he doesn’t get a lot of rebounds and he is a true SF - But like I said I like his game and Tankathon has us taking him at 6 which is one of the better mocks that are out there. Yeah, we don’t need another SF but hopefully will get the third draft pick where we can get our PF we desperately need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've changed my views a bit in the last few weeks.

Banchero - does a lot of things well but does he have an elite NBA skill yet? Jumper is good, knows where to be on defense, rebounds, etc. He's a very good player but something seems a bit off for me. A Julius Randle type?
    Holmgren - still high on him but I see him strictly as a 5, not a 4. Defense is legit but his J looks a bit slow and mechanical. I can see the comparisons to Mobley, but Mobley's stronger and more fluid.
    Jabari Smith - my number 1 right now, although I hope to see him go in the post more often than settling for jumpers. He has that LMA turnaround over the shoulder mid range J that's unguardable.
    Jaden Ivey - definitely tier 1 imo. Major Ja Morant vibes, so quick and crafty. Even his shooting looks good.

Jalen Duren - much lower on him. He's a good rim protector and runner but his defensive switchability is suspect, seems slow footed. Hasn't shown anything with his J too and also looks shorter than advertised.
    Baldwin Jr - another player I'm lower on. Drifts a lot, doesn't attack the rim at all, it's all jump shots all the time. While the J is smooth I don't see any other good skills. A Cam Johnson type unless he shows more.
    Jaden Hardy - poor man's Primo lol. Has the pedigree and tools to figure it out eventually but g-league seems a level above for him right now.
    Kendall Brown - what an athlete this dude is! His passing seems quite good too and if you believe in his J he could definitely go into tier 1. A lot of Aaron Gordon in him.
    Ben Mathurin - he's a bucket getter and everything he does will likely easily translate to the NBA.
    AJ Griffin - difficult to evaluate him because he doesn't play much but maybe in the Primo school of 'draft him early because he'd be a top 5 pick if he'd stay in college another year' ( which he won't ).
    Keegan Murray - another player I find difficult to evaluate. Obviously his numbers are awesome, but he's older and his J is suspect.
    JD Davison - a lot to like about him, his athleticism is special and he's a statsheet stuffer. As with many other players it's all about the J coming along well.
    TyTy Washington - could see him as a Cole Anthony type of scorer, maybe even better.
    Caleb Houstan - started off very slowly but progressing well as of late. I think he'll be a very good role player and perhaps one of those guys who'd be better at the NBA level than college.
    Kennedy Chandler - despite of his raw numbers I don't like him much. Every time he plays against a decent team his numbers drop significantly.

There are a lot of players I like that could realistically fall to pick 31 - from scorers like Johnny Davis, Harrison Ingram, Julian Champagnie and Bryce McGowans to raw (and terrible right now) talents like Peyton Watson, Daimion Collins and Jeremy Sochan and also players who'd probably be projected to go way higher had they not been injured (Allen Flanningan) or were allowed to play more (Nolan Hickman, Hunter Sallis). Also a decent crop of draft and stash european guys like Roko Prkacin, Yannick Nzosa, Ousmane Dieng, Tristan Vukcevic and Nikola Jovic.

Some players I don't like at all - Max Christie, Trevor Keels, Jabari Walker, Jean Montero, Drew Timme, Caleb Love, Marcus Bagley and the aforementioned Kennedy Chandler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've changed my views a bit in the last few weeks.

Banchero - does a lot of things well but does he have an elite NBA skill yet? Jumper is good, knows where to be on defense, rebounds, etc. He's a very good player but something seems a bit off for me. A Julius Randle type?
    Holmgren - still high on him but I see him strictly as a 5, not a 4. Defense is legit but his J looks a bit slow and mechanical. I can see the comparisons to Mobley, but Mobley's stronger and more fluid.
    Jabari Smith - my number 1 right now, although I hope to see him go in the post more often than settling for jumpers. He has that LMA turnaround over the shoulder mid range J that's unguardable.
    Jaden Ivey - definitely tier 1 imo. Major Ja Morant vibes, so quick and crafty. Even his shooting looks good.

Jalen Duren - much lower on him. He's a good rim protector and runner but his defensive switchability is suspect, seems slow footed. Hasn't shown anything with his J too and also looks shorter than advertised.
    Baldwin Jr - another player I'm lower on. Drifts a lot, doesn't attack the rim at all, it's all jump shots all the time. While the J is smooth I don't see any other good skills. A Cam Johnson type unless he shows more.
    Jaden Hardy - poor man's Primo lol. Has the pedigree and tools to figure it out eventually but g-league seems a level above for him right now.
    Kendall Brown - what an athlete this dude is! His passing seems quite good too and if you believe in his J he could definitely go into tier 1. A lot of Aaron Gordon in him.
    Ben Mathurin - he's a bucket getter and everything he does will likely easily translate to the NBA.
    AJ Griffin - difficult to evaluate him because he doesn't play much but maybe in the Primo school of 'draft him early because he'd be a top 5 pick if he'd stay in college another year' ( which he won't ).
    Keegan Murray - another player I find difficult to evaluate. Obviously his numbers are awesome, but he's older and his J is suspect.
    JD Davison - a lot to like about him, his athleticism is special and he's a statsheet stuffer. As with many other players it's all about the J coming along well.
    TyTy Washington - could see him as a Cole Anthony type of scorer, maybe even better.
    Caleb Houstan - started off very slowly but progressing well as of late. I think he'll be a very good role player and perhaps one of those guys who'd be better at the NBA level than college.
    Kennedy Chandler - despite of his raw numbers I don't like him much. Every time he plays against a decent team his numbers drop significantly.

There are a lot of players I like that could realistically fall to pick 31 - from scorers like Johnny Davis, Harrison Ingram, Julian Champagnie and Bryce McGowans to raw (and terrible right now) talents like Peyton Watson, Daimion Collins and Jeremy Sochan and also players who'd probably be projected to go way higher had they not been injured (Allen Flanningan) or were allowed to play more (Nolan Hickman, Hunter Sallis). Also a decent crop of draft and stash european guys like Roko Prkacin, Yannick Nzosa, Ousmane Dieng, Tristan Vukcevic and Nikola Jovic.

Some players I don't like at all - Max Christie, Trevor Keels, Jabari Walker, Jean Montero, Drew Timme, Caleb Love, Marcus Bagley and the aforementioned Kennedy Chandler.

Nice work BG

I agree with your tier 1 and the majority of your comments. Imo Banchero is playing it cool because he is dominating physically, he'll need to be more aggressive to succeed in the NBA but he's the more nba ready for me.
    Jabari Smith would be the perfect fit.

About your tier 2 ( i have nearly the same), guys i like basing on the fact that we need a forward are :

Kendall Brown, i start to really like him, elite athlete, he flies, maybe the best wing defender of this class, can pass and drive. The J is still unknow tough he hits 50% of his 3 pointer on a low volume.

Baldwin. For the moment, i think playing in Milwaukee ( plus a little injury) are the reason why he looks so irregular. His team is so bad, he is doing too much and i don't think that's his game.

Keegan Murray. His age is a question mark but i think he could be a good fit as a late lottery. Can do a little bit of everything, the 3's are low % but he his an +80% Ft shooters so that's not a concern for me.

Aj Griffin could be the dark horse ( Houstan also)

for your last group, i think Johnny Davis will be a first pick, he's really good with Wisconsin. I like his profile but he's a SG
    Last edited by duncan2150; 12-24-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the best thing to hope for would be to get Smith as he fits a need and fits as far as tier 1 talent. After him is Ivey and no one is even close though I would hate to draft another SG but I think that kid is going to be special. After him it’s tough but I would go with Brown watching him you can tell he is a baller and looks so smooth only thing he needs to work on is his rebounding and shooting more 3 balls. I need to watch Ben more but he definitely is moving up in a lot of mock drafts

You know from looking at the draft I really think we have a very good chance to find another diamond in the rough with Detroit’s 31 pick. They are a couple of SG/SF that I think have a legitimate chance of not only making team but maybe even starting depending on how things work out - Tari Eason from LSU and Peyton Watson from UCLA are just a few that may be available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

oh man, i REALLY like this guy’s game. Been closely following the draft for several years and it’s rare to find a prospect who has an old school back-to-the-basket game as a wing AND shoots threes and plays defense. This guy is sky rocketing my board. Not sure he’ll be a top 10 pick but if the Spurs are drafting mid-lottery or later, I hope it’s for this guy. He’s a bit on the older side so I wonder if they (the Spurs) change their approach of drafting super young from last year. Methinks since Liddell has a unique skillset that he might be a Spurs’ target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Monster blocks

looking like Paul Pierce

im calling it now like I did with Franz, Giddey, and others last year

this guy will rise the board from his currently late first round pick projection. Likely not too high because people will foolishly look at his age

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They grow up so fast Tari Eason who I thought we could grab in the second round has shot up in the draft and now looks like will go mid to late first.
    For me starting to look at second roundeds:

Detroit’s Pick:
    Hugo Benson PG/SG - Offensive and great 3 ball
    Marjon Beauchamp - SG - Good players solid defender needs to improve 3 ball though

Wendell Moore - SF - Good player can do everything on offense
    Peyton Watson - SF - Has a lot of potential is a Freshman stuck behind some good players can definitely play defensive

Ismael Kamagate - C - Has potential I like as a big he is always moving

Lakers Pick:
    Drew Timme - PF/C - Good player has a nice feel for game and good handles for a big high IQ
    Trace Jackson Davis -PF - A big traditional PF but is pretty athletic great defender
    Last edited by BackHome; 12-27-2021 at 01:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last time I looked, Lakers pick was #44.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I am really hoping Le China gets Covid or has a little injury so our draft pick will go up to late 30's or early 40's. Right now I think we are going to pick any where from 6 to 12 in the first. But they are a lot of good players that will be available in the second round so hoping we get two potential starters and a solid bench player from this upcoming draft.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

oh man, i REALLY like this guy’s game. Been closely following the draft for several years and it’s rare to find a prospect who has an old school back-to-the-basket game as a wing AND shoots threes and plays defense. This guy is sky rocketing my board. Not sure he’ll be a top 10 pick but if the Spurs are drafting mid-lottery or later, I hope it’s for this guy. He’s a bit on the older side so I wonder if they (the Spurs) change their approach of drafting super young from last year. Methinks since Liddell has a unique skillset that he might be a Spurs’ target.

I like Liddel, he's talented but i think he is a little bit similar to Keldon. Don't know if you can pair them, maybe.

What do you think of Kendall Brown ? i showed some of his clips a few days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Liddel, he's talented but i think he is a little bit similar to Keldon. Don't know if you can pair them, maybe.

What do you think of Kendall Brown ? i showed some of his clips a few days ago.
    Keldon doesn’t have the mid range game that Liddell does. Although since I last posted about Liddell, I’ve cooled down on him. He’s actually played as a PF and C in college and I didn’t realize it at all. Wonder now if he has the lateral quickness to keep up with wings.

my initial impression of Kendall was that he reminds me of Otto Porter Jr. i could be way off, but I’m just not impressed right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon doesn’t have the mid range game that Liddell does. Although since I last posted about Liddell, I’ve cooled down on him. He’s actually played as a PF and C in college and I didn’t realize it at all. Wonder now if he has the lateral quickness to keep up with wings.

my initial impression of Kendall was that he reminds me of Otto Porter Jr. i could be way off, but I’m just not impressed right now.

Agreed about Liddell.

About Brown he's the opposite of Porter on the offensive end ( porter was good at mid range and 3 pt at Georgetown, Brown operates near the basket ), they are both good defender and have a good length but Brown is an elite athlet, not porter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte curious on your thoughts on Hugo Benson- My thoughts on he has a very nice 3 ball and gives us another ball handler for the second unit in case Whites feet and though I like Tre he still not showing the 3 ball

Also, your thoughts on Trace Davis -He is I think a legit 6'10 PF - who could play small ball center a very good defender who would fit with Landale in the second unit also.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he comes out this year I think John Butler from FSU would be an interesting 2nd round pick. Similar to Poku; 7'1" w/ a 7'4" wingspan but 200 lbs soaking wet. Excellent handles and passing ability, 3 pt range. Gets good defensive position in space to use his size. He was a coach's son. Whataburger could make him a force.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we agree that Spurs will be picking in 11-14 range again this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ or Jak go out for a few weeks or more and we are easily top 5 lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest it could go either way one but barring injury or covid outbreak I think we’re looking at 10 to 12. But we have so far avoided a lot of injuries and covid outbreaks that most teams are dealing with right now. Knowing our luck will make the play in and just as it starts half our team will get hit with Covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last time I looked, Lakers pick was #44.
    What’s funnier, could get better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baldwin Jr. is like a walking Spurs stereotype (the look/background, the supposed personality/high basketball IQ) and on top of that his body type and theoretical skillset would seemingly be hand in glove fits too.

Hopefully he continues to struggle to a certain extent, thereby increasing the odds that he ends up in their probable range.

If they luck into the 1st pick, I'd probably go Banchero at this point given the need for an offensive centerpiece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte curious on your thoughts on Hugo Benson- My thoughts on he has a very nice 3 ball and gives us another ball handler for the second unit in case Whites feet and though I like Tre he still not showing the 3 ball

Also, your thoughts on Trace Davis -He is I think a legit 6'10 PF - who could play small ball center a very good defender who would fit with Landale in the second unit also.
    Besson reminds me of Austin Reaves from last year. I actually think Austin looked better. As a second round pick, it’s a crapshoot so you get any talent you can get and on some level, they have to exhibit an NBA floor and maybe Besson looks like that, maybe he doesn’t. He looks like he would get abused on defense.

Trayce is a fine pick if you’re looking to add center depth. I get that we want to get bigger with our front court line ups but I really don’t think people understand that Landale can’t play the four. Not only because he doesn’t have the agility to defend the perimeter for long stretches, but if you’re going to pair him with a guy like Trayce who HAS to play inside because he can’t shoot… then you have Landale who has to act like a modern four and move, move, move on the perimeter, past screens, getting open, etc… that would take a physical toll on Landale, a type of role he’s not accustomed to. Yes, he gets open right now as a spot up shooting Center, but he doesn’t put in much effort to get open right now because his matchup is a center and Landale only goes out on the perimeter when his matchup isn’t paying attention or doubles up on somebody else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems right if thing hold.

I’d be curious to see who the youngest player in the draft is this year. Could see the spurs doing another red shirt/Primo move, on a kid who would go a lot higher in the subsequent draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s getting difficult to look at lottery prospects given the low but increasing chance the Spurs make the playoffs and end up with a 15th or lower pick. On one hand, if they do the playoffs, that must mean other players aside from Murray stepped up their level of play and increased their trade value. On the other hand, it’s a lower pick. Well, if someone raised their trade value enough to attach with the Spurs’ FRP, they could move up and attain either Baldwin Jr or Keegan Murray. That would be a dream.

On that same note, if they do make the playoffs, then that must mean someone else on the team would have established himself as a foundational piece (think Keldon increasing his scoring output and showing us he can be counted on for a bucket). That would make everybody excited.

It’s all unlikely, especially with COVID, and maybe the Spurs end up between #8 to #12 like some expected. And in that range, I hope we get a chance to draft one of those two prospects I mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems right if thing hold.

I’d be curious to see who the youngest player in the draft is this year. Could see the spurs doing another red shirt/Primo move, on a kid who would go a lot higher in the subsequent draft.
    I agree with this to a certain extent. I don’t think the prospect HAS to be the youngest player in the draft like Primo was. I think the main thing is that the player the Spurs target could be someone who doesn’t have the role in college to showcase their skills. It may mean that all these videos on prospects are useless and we have to pay extremely close attention to reports of guys who do pre-draft workouts with the Spurs and guys who flash elite skill during the combine games of which weren’t displayed during college.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Dejounte for responding this draft is really funny for me a lot of potential as far as players but have to dig through the weeds to find that complete player.

I will say this if we don’t draft in the top 3 then I am almost 85% certain that we take a SG or SF - This draft is really weak when it comes to PF and C after the 3rd pick. This sucks for us as PF is a real need and if we do draft in the 10 to 13 range I don’t see anyone that is either a bench player or potential aka Luka. I do think that with our 3 picks will find Walkers and Forbes replacement which is what I look for each draft coming away with a player that is better then a starter or depending on where we draft better then bench player just getting better talent every year

Thread Information