Page 61 of 164 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, college basketball can be offensive to the eyes some times. This Duke/UNc came is ugly as .
    I watch the first week of the tournament and start losing interest. The play is just sloppy, bad, so many mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys who can ball out in the NCAA might not even be able to play in the gleague. The level of compe ion isnt even close. If it were, the NBA rosters would turn over every 3 years with cheap new talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys who can ball out in the NCAA might not even be able to play in the gleague. The level of compe ion isnt even close. If it were, the NBA rosters would turn over every 3 years with cheap new talent.
    Forbes- all you got to do to play in the NBA is shoot the other three. Nothing else is required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Success in the NCAA does matter when you’re gauging if that prospect will translate to the NBA

but it is not success alone

1)if the player is putting up big numbers but only showed up big in March, I’d be concerned that it was just a hot streak. See Johnny Juzang.

2)if the player is putting up big numbers all the while exhibiting killer instinct / immense confidence throughout their college season, that will translate. See Curry.

3)if the player is putting up big numbers AND has unreal physical attributes (talent that’s not typical of a player their size)… that’s as sure of a prospect you’ll get. See Zion, Durant, Davis.

IMO, Jabari doesn’t fit any of these three. He’s not efficient, and he’s not physically special

Chet, Ivey, and Banchero are borderline #3 so they are good prospects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes- all you got to do to play in the NBA is shoot the other three. Nothing else is required.
    It’s funny that you mentioned Forbes, because there are only two attributes that are a near lock to translate from one level of bball to the next level up: shooting and rebounding. Bryn Forbes has forged a moderate NBA career by being a top notch shooter. He is 701-1700,41.1% for his career. He’s a flawed player, but a guy like Forbes has a better chance at playing in the NBA than almost any athlete-type prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It amazes me that these kids who grow up wanting to be in the NBA yet they can’t even hit a 3 ball and have terrible handles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So just my thoughts on players I like at areas we pick;

First Pick:
    * Bennedict Mathurin - Has a great 3 point shot and can shoot it on the move or set - good athlete can take it to the rim and plays D.
    *Jeremy Sochan - Very good team defender a position of need is young and has a high ball IQ
    *Malaki Branham - A very young SG who can play defense has nice handles and can score and has a 3 ball to his game
    *Dyson Daniels - A version of Murray another young player who seems can grow into something specialjjj
    *Tari Eeason - A great defender not sure but he does have potential to have a high level if he puts in the work on offensive side

Second Pick*
    *Mark Williams - A very athletic Center has shown glimpses he can be much more then a rim protector lob kinda player
    *Blake Wesley - If Walker leave he brings that instant offense
    *Nikola Jovic - Has good handles a point forward can stretch the floor good passer
    *Moussa Diabate - My new fav - very twitch has a high IQ good passer and decent defender who have a high upside with the right team
    *Walker Kessler - Big time shot blocker has good movement for someone his size can guard big centers and small fast centers
    *E.J. Liddell - A small PF but has good length over all defense - Tucker from LA

Third Pick:
    *Max Christie - A young SG good athlete could be a good player has the skills and athleticism
    *MarJon Beauchamp - Solid SG if you want to go with a more defensive type of player kinda Danny Green like
    *Christian Koloko - Good athlete can protect the rim
    *Jean Montero - A very good PG has potential to be a steal if he can learn to play defense reminds me a little of Parker with his speed

Second Round Pick:
    *Hugo Besson - A tweener PG/SG who has a nice 3 ball
    *Gabriele Procida - Another player I really like would not be made if they used early pick is very athletic and very good 3 ball right team could have a high upside
    *Jamie Jaquez - Good player plays hard on both sides of the ball
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-03-2022 at 05:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the Spurs have any interest in Diabate after that mini-escalation:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the remaining schedule for every team which could affect the 1st, 2nd and 3rd first rounders respectively. Projected wins in green:

It's an optimistic scenario if you're looking for the best picks possible, but not unrealistic. If it were to happen and the Spurs don't succeed in advancing to the playoffs through the play in, then they would be in a tie for the 8th pick (randomly decided with the Lakers), the Toronto pick would fall in the 20th place, and the Boston pick would be at 23, though this could vary significantly, since Boston has only 3 games remaining that are tough, and dropping one or two would be huge for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs draft 6’9 Manek late in the 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance. Poor athlete, horrible defender, bad rebounder. He’s a one-trick pony who may carve out a bench spot on a bad NBA team but no way he’s a 1st Round Pick imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on Ochai Agbaji tonight. He’s been ballin’ in the tournament and was already a projected top-20 pick before it. He’s 22 already so a little older, but he’s going to be a good 2-way SG at the next level imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were to draft anyone from North Carolina, I'd take Caleb Love, whom most draft boards have missed altogether. Getting him with the Lakers' 2nd rounder would be pretty nice, even with Boston's... unless he goes ballistic today and his stock skyrockets. I'll take Armando Bacot before Manek as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were to draft anyone from North Carolina, I'd take Caleb Love, whom most draft boards have missed altogether. Getting him with the Lakers' 2nd rounder would be pretty nice, even with Boston's... unless he goes ballistic today and his stock skyrockets. I'll take Armando Bacot before Manek as well.
    Caleb Love reminds me of another UNC sharpshooter, a guy who won player of the tournament in the early 90s, Donald Williams. He went off that tournament but wasn't an NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be disappointed if Agbaji is our first pick because I'd like a forward like Eason or Sochan, but if he were to fell to the Toronto pick (which may end up as high as 18.. unlikely but possible) I'd be a nice pick up. Though he's projected to be drafted in the late lottery, so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caleb Love reminds me of another UNC sharpshooter, a guy who won player of the tournament in the early 90s, Donald Williams. He went off that tournament but wasn't an NBA player.
    Can't say I remember him, but Caleb Love isn't a shooter per se, he can shoot but he can drive, he's athletic, has adequate size for a combo guard (6-3' 6-4'), and he's aggressive and fearless... that you can't teach. He's definitely earned his chance in the League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't say I remember him, but Caleb Love isn't a shooter per se, he can shoot but he can drive, he's athletic, has adequate size for a combo guard (6-3' 6-4'), and he's aggressive and fearless... that you can't teach. He's definitely earned his chance in the League.
    I really should say tournament sharpshooter. Love's fg% is atrocious (.388) and he coughs up the ball a ton (3.6 assists to 2.7 TOs) and he's not usually a great three point shooter, either (.368). Go ahead and pencil him in for the 2nd round, but he's actually not close to being an NBA player.

In the 1993 game, UNC also had Eric Montross, who was a big white stiff in the NBA for a while. I think George Lynch was a rotation guy for a while, too. They defeated the Michigan Fab Five team in the game where Chris Webber called a timeout they didn't have. Donald Williams hit 5 of 7 from deep and scored 25 points. Again, he wasn't drafted and never saw an NBA floor. He was 6'3".
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 04-04-2022 at 08:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really should say tournament sharpshooter. Love's fg% is atrocious (.388) and he coughs up the ball a ton (3.6 assists to 2.7 TOs) and he's not usually a great three point shooter, either (.368). Go ahead and pencil him in for the 2nd round, but he's actually not close to being an NBA player.
    His FG% is certainly a concern, but he's 20, he can learn to play smarter and be more selective. College players back in the day were significantly older, he's far from a finished product at his age. Plus we're talking second round here, about the same place we picked Wieskamp... Of course there are rough edges to work on, otherwise he'd be a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caleb Love has been balling out, how is he not drafted at all in most mock drafts?
    Dude is complete ass. 5-24 (!!) tonight from the field and single-handedly lost him team the National Championship game. And this is without taking into account all his turnovers. He was legit horrendous.

He can’t handle the ball and is a poor passer. Poor decision maker too. He’s basically an undersized chucker. I wouldn’t touch him even with a 2nd Round Pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is my selection……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is complete ass. 5-24 (!!) tonight from the field and single-handedly lost him team the National Championship game. And this is without taking into account all his turnovers. He was legit horrendous.

He can’t handle the ball and is a poor passer. Poor decision maker too. He’s basically an undersized chucker. I wouldn’t touch him even with a 2nd Round Pick.
    Yeah, today he was HORRENDOUS... the decision making in that last shot was just atrocious. However, in all fairness, he beat UCLA and Duke almost single handedly, so you take the good with the bad... and today it was REALLY BAD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not familiar with him, but i can say tonight that was complete ass coaching by Herbert Davis to leave him in. You see the possessions where it was 4 on 5 and moron Hubert didn't even call a timeout?
    Obvious blown ankle and yes his Kirby Bryant chucking should have been silenced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hard to argue for Love based on tonight. That is gonna haunt him for the rest of his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, today he was HORRENDOUS... the decision making in that last shot was just atrocious. However, in all fairness, he beat UCLA and Duke almost single handedly, so you take the good with the bad... and today it was REALLY BAD
    How about the pathetic D by Wonder Bread on Kansas to allow the wide open trey?

Jesus BBIQ died and was buried years ago.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not familiar with him, but i can say tonight that was complete ass coaching by Herbert Davis to leave him in. You see the possessions where it was 4 on 5 and moron Hubert didn't even call a timeout?
    Obvious blown ankle and yes his Kirby Bryant chucking should have been silenced.
    Do you remember what the clock read when that injury happened? I don't think the coach can ask for that timeout, except in the last 2:00. And the refs aren't supposed to call it except to protect the player. They'll go ahead and call it, but they won't break the momentum unless the player is in danger of being trampled. He was on the opposite end of the court, so not in danger of being hurt further. I thought Kansas was dumb for not pressing that 5-on-4 advantage they had for a few seconds.

Thread Information