Page 66 of 164 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4088
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good for us. More depth attention the top of the draft.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 04-12-2022 at 04:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some great takes here. Will check out Dyson.

In my observation, the Spurs rarely, if ever, draft for need. They subscribe to best player available credo.
    My guess is that their recon is exceptional and they will find another player that fits their system.
    I hope it’s a power forward, but, don’t expect it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a pretty checkered list, and I'm not sure how you go from "most of these guys made the NBA" to "let's spend our lottery pick on this guy". I'm also not sure I want family of LeBron on the roster. Bad flashbacks to Nephew.
    It is an outlier , considering there are other variables like mental , athleticism and physical profile that prevent some of this guys to not make it or make it far, being so skilled offensively while being so young singlehandedly carried this guys to the NBA. Now apply that to a one and done guy with good intangibles and I think you have a lottery pick.

I don't know what you mean by family of Lebron or what it has to do with drafting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is an outlier , considering there are other variables like mental , athleticism and physical profile that prevent some of this guys to not make it or make it far, being so skilled offensively while being so young singlehandedly carried this guys to the NBA. Now apply that to a one and done guy with good intangibles and I think you have a lottery pick.

I don't know what you mean by family of Lebron or what it has to do with drafting him.
    He’s LeBron’s cousin, and I don’t want that circus anywhere near our locker room. I assure you that if he did fast track develop, he’d be spirited away to a large market. Hard pass on drafting him. NFW you use a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who has been saying Blake Wesley? I like the way this kid moves on the court. A lot of style and flair to his game. I think he would be a Primo-type pick. Looks kinda like a less athletic version of Ivey… before Ivey became Ivey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who has been saying Blake Wesley? I like the way this kid moves on the court. A lot of style and flair to his game. I think he would be a Primo-type pick. Looks kinda like a less athletic version of Ivey… before Ivey became Ivey.
    I mentioned him also. Going by projections he could be had with the Boston pick, maybe even the Lakers 2nd rounder (don't think so, but still)... he's interesting, at least worth considering IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley is as athletic as Ivey to be honest but he doesn’t take advantage of it in a controlled manner yet. He’s all potential and wingspan right now but would be a good pick/project with the last FRP.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s LeBron’s cousin, and I don’t want that circus anywhere near our locker room. I assure you that if he did fast track develop, he’d be spirited away to a large market. Hard pass on drafting him. NFW you use a lottery pick.
    Lebron called him nephew but he is not his nephew. Where did you get cousin. You are too traumatized by Kawhi lol, i though you were the more logical poster in this board.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sort of riffing here, mostly completely sarcastically, but in contemplating some potential head-scratching "Primo style" picks we may do this year given we have an abundance of FRPs and we're the Spurs, here's one that comes to mind that I haven't seen anyone at all mention yet.

Harrison Ingram.

Pac-10 Freshman of the Year.
    Stanford (smart!)
    6-7. 230 Pounds.
    Well spoken.
    Possible leadership qualities.
    Not as athletic as we would want.
    Does a little bit of everything on the court, shoots the 3, plays down low, loves to pass.
    Fits a position of need (though that may be a strike against him getting drafted by us.)
    Has a great smile. (I still believe that Brian Wright likes photogenic, smiling players, mainly because it suggests good character. Not totally serious here, but maybe a tiny bit.)

Seems like Spurs material.

https://youtu.be/2Yy86EMNrpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfrPTBkIOk
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 04-12-2022 at 10:40 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pegged him as a dark horse with our pick earlier, he does create NBA level separation and can pull up like a star scorer. I think he is more a dynamic 6th man than a starter assuming that shot comes around.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did watch some Tari Eason and he did play a little selfish like showcase to get me drafted. I think it was Zeus that said it first. Reminded me of Precious Achiuwa.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ooooh. He would have to be fixed. He's a good facilitator, and I get the part about the way he looks. But he's a terrible shooter. Horrible FT shooter for a guard. (I could look it up, but not quite as bad as Bowen, not quite as good as Duncan as I recall.) I only watched ND play twice, but my thought was that he wasn't much interested in the other end of the court, either.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 04-12-2022 at 10:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did watch some Tari Eason and he did play a little selfish like showcase to get me drafted. I think it was Zeus that said it first. Reminded me of Precious Achiuwa.

It was me. And I said then that I wondered how he would interact with Pop. But I also said that he reminded me of young Stephen Jackson. I've watched all the video I could find, and that part still stands. Heh. Remember Pop commenting that Jackson lost as many games as he won?

If I was building the perfect beast, I would change a few things about him. And the biggest would be what I see as a me-first at ude. But I've made no secret of the fact that I think Patrick Baldwin Jr. will be a bargain. He's the other end of the aggression curve, though. I think Eason would come out ready to bounce off of NBA players (and probably rack up a foul-out Per 36 in his first year). Which probably means Pop won't even be looking at him. But I still think he would dovetail into this roster and at least be an incremental improvement.

Maybe I just hate the thought of wondering which 6'5" guy is going to be playing PF tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dyson Daniels also if he is actually 6’8” like Mike Schmitz said In his interview with him.

as much as I would like our guys to draft a front court player I am not opposed to them getting another guard if they feel that player is the best available.

I'm more excited about this off season than I have been about our season as a whole. Lol. It’s so many possibilities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been deep diving into the prospects and it’s kinda hard to pinpoint what the spurs need tbh lol like I think most would agree we need size so ideally a PF or C but Keldon has been holding it down all year with the PF position even if it’s not his natural position and Jakob and Collins have been really good as the bigs as well.
    it's easy to see what they need: A PF with size who can rebound, shoot the 3, provide weakside shotblocking and flourishes in transition. Who does that profile fit to: Keegan Murray. Now if you want to take it up a notch, it would be even better if that PF could also score from midrange and out of the post when we need buckets. That's Banchero. The problem is they are out of our draft range unless we jump up in the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a total knee jerk reaction but I’m open to everyone now including Sharpe and Johnny Davis at 9, I just want a confident scorer on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a total knee jerk reaction but I’m open to everyone now including Sharpe and Johnny Davis at 9, I just want a confident scorer on the team.
    +100

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's so woke maybe we'll draft Paige Bueckers or Aliyah Boston. LOL! Might be better than drafting a 6-5 guard with their top pick!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Sochan. He’s exactly what we need tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a half court shot creator first then you can get a defensive 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On to the lottery . . .

Plan A: Get lucky and get a 4 by picking top 4 -- Jabari, Banchero or Holmgren.

Plan B: Shaedon Sharp.

But whatever happens, the fun is still ahead . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am super hyped about our 4 draft picks it’s going to be an interesting summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am super hyped about our 4 draft picks it’s going to be an interesting summer

I'll go ahead and get it on record in the draft thread. Andrew Nembhard with that second round pick from the Lakers. Somebody to keep the ball moving when the subs are on the floor, and smart enough to hit it running.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN's latest mock draft order is below (6th April 2022). Sometimes when I go on there I don't see any info due to not being a subscriber/insider other times I can see the info, so I put the link below and copy and pasted the Top 25 picks (up to the Spurs last 1st round pick).

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/insider/...caa-tournament

Jonathan Givony's NBA mock draft

1. Houston Rockets

Chet Holmgren | Gonzaga | 7-0 | PF | Age: 19.9

2. Orlando Magic

Jabari Smith | Auburn | 6-10 | SF/PF | Age: 18.8

3. Detroit Pistons

Paolo Banchero | Duke | 6-10 | PF/C | Age: 19.3

Banchero's outstanding freshman campaign came to end against North Carolina with the projected top-3 NBA pick turning in a 20-point, 10-rebound performance that was very representative of his clear strengths and glaring improvement areas.

On the offensive end, Banchero showed flashes of brilliance. He knocked down a pair of decisive trail 3s (one off the catch and one off the bounce), used his powerful 250-pound frame to attack the rim rather than settle for contested pull-ups, and finished post-ups over Brady Manek and Armando Bacot. Banchero scoring 20 points on 17 shots against a below average defender in Manek isn't going to convince NBA teams that he should be the No. 1 pick. The fact that he did struggle a bit to finish over length at times is noteworthy when you consider his good -- not great -- reach (he shot 49% from 2 in the NCAA tournament). Not scoring a bucket over the last 7:37 is also something naysayers will point to. The 19-year-old still showed yet again how much of a mismatch he is for opposing defenses, which should surely translate well with NBA spacing.

It was Banchero's spotty defensive effort that will likely stick with NBA scouts. UNC had a clear plan to bring Banchero into action to force a switch and attack him. Banchero held up OK in these situations despite getting caught a little flat-footed on a couple occasions, even blocking R.J. Davis at the rim after a switch. He also added some value as a defensive rover when he was defending Leaky Black as he started the game fairly disruptive, and altered a shot at the rim as the drop defender in the second half.

Overall, Banchero's NCAA tournament run should be considered a success, as he averaged 18.8 points, 7.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists while shooting 53% from 3 over five games. He's the most polished of the potential top-3 picks and a strong candidate to compete for Rookie of the Year pending his potential new team. But for the teams that were already concerned about Banchero's defensive impact -- preferring the two-way play of Jabari Smith and Chet Holmgren -- Saturday's heartbreaking loss to UNC likely didn't help change their mind. -- Mike Schmitz

Complete scouting report from Mike Schmitz (No. 3 in Top 100)

4. Oklahoma City Thunder

Jaden Ivey | Purdue | 6-4 | PG/SG | Age: 20.1

5. Indiana Pacers

Keegan Murray | Iowa | 6-9 | PF/C | Age: 21.6

6. Portland Trail Blazers

Shaedon Sharpe | Kentucky | 6-6 | SG | Age: 18.8

7. Sacramento Kings

Johnny Davis | Wisconsin | 6-5 | PG/SG | Age: 20.1

8. New Orleans Pelicans (from Lakers)

AJ Griffin | Duke | 6-6 | SF/PF | Age: 18.6

Griffin capped off a freshman season that featured tremendous highs and head-scratching lows with a clunker in Duke's loss to UNC as he went just 1-for-7 from the field (0-for-4 from 3) for six points in 29 minutes. One of the youngest players in the country, Griffin has been feast or famine all season, either catching fire from beyond the arc and splashing tough step-back 3s or showing his youth and inexperience with inconsistent decision making on both ends. The UNC game was the ladder for the 18-year-old wing, as he looked relatively out of rhythm offensively, hoisting up a couple contested triples, failing to knock down the open ones, and appearing relatively limited in terms of burst and bounce when he tried to put pressure on the rim. Griffin did make a heady drop-off pass after collapsing the defense on penetration. He also had some solid defensive moments making it tough on Caleb Love in the first half while using his 7-foot wingspan on an energetic crack-down block. He still runs into screens too often, doesn't mix it up on the defensive like he could, and has his lapses off the ball defensively.

Griffin's Final Four performance feeds into the question that some of his naysayers have asked this season: What does he do in the NBA when he's not making shots? Aside from an 18-point performance in a win over Arkansas and a 21-point outing against Miami in the ACC tournament, Griffin had his fair share of ups and downs over the last 10 games as he failed to reach double-digits four times, shot 33% from 3 and registered just six assists. There's still a lot to like about Griffin. He's young, built like an NBA wing, has a strong basketball pedigree, shot 45% on the season, and had stretches during the year where he looked like Duke's best prospect, displaying better ball skills than most players with his body type while also finding ways to add value as a cutter. Last Saturday's tough showing is a perfect example of why Griffin is one of the more polarizing and often confusing prospects projected in the top-10. -- Schmitz

Complete scouting report from Mike Schmitz (No. 8 in Top 100)

9. San Antonio Spurs

Jalen Duren | Memphis | 6-10 | C | Age: 18.3

10. Washington Wizards

Dyson Daniels | G League Ignite | 6-6 | PG/SG | Age: 19.0

11. Portland Trail Blazers (from Pelicans)

Mark Williams | Duke | 7-1 | C | Age: 20.3

Williams was unable to settle in and have his usual two-way impact as he picked up his second foul that forced him to sit the final 15 minutes of the first half. Williams was again forced to the bench in the second half as he collected his fourth foul with just over 10 minutes remaining. On top of that, Williams missed two huge free throws with 47 seconds remaining that would have put Duke up one. Williams never got in a true rhythm during his 16 minutes, finishing with eight points, four rebounds and zero blocks -- it was only the second time all season that Williams didn't record at least one block. Although not an elite defensive rebounder, Williams' 9-8 reach was sorely missed on the glass, as UNC chased down 17 offensive rebounds.

The 20-year-old sop re did still have a couple highlights, hammering home four dunks off of putbacks and drop offs, bringing his NCAA total to 17 over five games. He was a mixed bag defending pick-and-roll, taking away passing angles for the ball handler several times, racking up a couple deflections in the process. It's hard to complain about his contest against Caleb Love in what proved to be a back-breaking pull-up 3 for the Blue Devils. But he was a bit too deep in drops on occasion and still gets too high in his stance from time to time.

Given the tough whistle along with his strong body of work as a lob-catching, shot-blocking, offensive rebounding center, Williams' up and down Final Four performance isn't likely to affect his draft stock as he's all but solidified his status as a top-20 prospect, with the potential to earn looks in the late lottery with a strong pre-draft process. With a reach bigger than Rudy Gobert and some stylistic similarities to centers ranging from Robert Williams to Mitc Robinson to Clint Capela, there are no shortage of successful bigs in Williams' mold, which gives him one of the highest floors among big men prospects not named Chet Holmgren. -- Schmitz

Complete scouting report from Mike Schmitz (No. 11 in Top 100)

12. New York Knicks

Bennedict Mathurin | Arizona | 6-6 | SF | Age: 19.7

13. Charlotte Hornets (Hawks if 19-30)

Jeremy Sochan | Baylor | 6-9 | PF | Age: 18.8

14. Houston Rockets (from Nets)

TyTy Washington Jr. | Kentucky | 6-4 | PG/SG | Age: 20.3

15. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Clippers)

Tari Eason | LSU | 6-8 | PF | Age: 20.9

16. Atlanta Hawks

Ochai Agbaji | Kansas | 6-6 | SF | Age: 21.9

Kansas' Ochai Agbaji was named Most Outstanding Player of the NCAA tournament. Jamie Squire/Getty Images
    Agbaji was named the NCAA tournament's Most Outstanding Player, largely on the back of two phenomenal performances in the Elite Eight and Final Four in which he scored 39 points on an efficient 14-for-20 shooting from the floor with excellent one-on-one defense.

His contributions were more muted in the four other tournament contests, scoring 43 points on 16-for-45 shooting, demonstrating his limitations as a ball handler and passer while having too many lapses with his off-ball awareness and rotations, showing his just-average feel for the game.

Agbaji looks like a plug-and-play 3-and-D NBA caliber wing with his strong 215-pound frame, 6-10 wingspan, 41% 3-point shooting, high-intensity level and ability to score in transition on straight line-drives, especially coming off screens. It was important for him to get back on track from beyond the arc as the tournament progressed as he was mired in a deep slump from the perimeter, hitting 26% for 3 in the 10 games prior to the Elite Eight. When Agbaji gets into rhythm and is playing with confidence, he looks like one of the most dynamic shot-makers in college basketball, rising up smoothly pulling up in transition, ducking behind handoffs and sprinting off pin downs or staggers with outstanding footwork.

The senior won the last 11 games of his college career, was named a First-Team All-American, and likely secured a spot for his jersey to hang in the rafters of Allen Fieldhouse in the process. That should also translate to a spot in the green room on draft night and potentially hearing his name called in the lottery by NBA commissioner Adam Silver. -- Jonathan Givony

17. Indiana Pacers (from Cavaliers)

Malaki Branham | Ohio St. | 6-5 | SG | Age: 18.8

18. Chicago Bulls

Ousmane Dieng | NZ Breakers | 6-10 | SF/PF | Age: 18.8

After watching a New Zealand Breakers practice, shootaround and NBL game in Cairns, Australia, Dieng reminded me exactly why he was once considered a top-10 prospect in this class and should earn late lottery consideration once NBA execs get eyes on the 18-year-old. Seeing him in live game action for the first time since the 2019 U16 European Championships, Dieng is now 6-10 in shoes with a 7-0 wingspan, has a thin yet developing frame, and guard-like agility that helps him on both ends of the floor. He was the best player on the court during the practice I evaluated, handling the ball with extreme fluidity while firing several one-handed passes you rarely see from players his height.

With the NBL season winding down, Dieng has put his forgettable start to the season behind him and is now playing the best basketball of his young career. After failing to reach double digits scoring the first 11 games of the season -- with two goose eggs sprinkled in -- Dieng has now scored at least 11 points in seven of his last nine games, capped off by 38 combined points in his last 47 minutes in back-to-back games against Cairns.

While he shows real promise as a ball handler, pick-and-roll creator, shooter and is incredibly smooth with everything he does, Dieng is still a ways away from being able to impact winning at the NBA level, at least with any type of consistency. Although greatly improved, his defensive toughness comes and goes. He's a poor rebounder who doesn't always box out or pursue the ball. He's a finesse over physicality finisher. And he thumbs the ball as a shooter, which plays a role in the fact that he's shooting 24% from 3 and 64% from the free-throw line. His success does come with a bit of a caveat, as the Breakers sit in last place of the NBL standings.

Whether it's as a Nicolas Batum type, Kyle Anderson or some leaner version of Boris Diaw, there's a clear pathway and role for Dieng in the NBA. Dieng has persevered through a brutal start to the season, all while playing zero true home games with the New Zealand borders still closed due to the pandemic. Expect to hear his name a lot more between now and draft night, as he's the type of tantalizing talent that tends to rise in the pre-draft process. -- Schmitz

Complete scouting report from Mike Schmitz (No. 18 in Top 100)

We also scouted top-100 prospects Hugo Besson (No. 32), Ariel Hukporti (No. 71) and Luke Travers (No. 95) on this trip. Evaluations can be found on their respective ESPN Top 100 profile pages.

19. Minnesota Timberwolves

Kennedy Chandler | Tennessee | 6-1 | PG | Age: 19.5

20. San Antonio Spurs (from Raptors)

Blake Wesley | Notre Dame | 6-5 | SG | Age: 19.0

21. Memphis Grizzlies (from Jazz)

MarJon Beauchamp | G League Ignite | 6-6 | SG/SF | Age: 21.4

22. Denver Nuggets

E.J. Liddell | Ohio St. | 6-7 | PF | Age: 21.2

23. Milwaukee Bucks

Walker Kessler | Auburn | 7-1 | C | Age: 20.6

24. Brooklyn Nets (from 76ers)

Nikola Jovic | Mega Mozzart | 6-10 | SF | Age: 18.8

25. San Antonio Spurs (from Celtics)

Kendall Brown | Baylor | 6-8 | SF | Age: 18.9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=mystargtr34;10718278]ESPN's latest mock draft order is below (6th April 2022). Sometimes when I go on there I don't see any info due to not being a subscriber/insider other times I can see the info>…

If you google ESPN Draftcast, click the link and select the heading ‘Best Available’ - you’ll get a breakdown of each prospect by their Big Board position.

Thread Information