San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumorville is ramping up so hard. WTF ARE THE SPURS GOING TO DO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumorville is ramping up so hard. WTF ARE THE SPURS GOING TO DO
    I think they are looking at so many different things right now that it's hard to get a read. I think they'd like to trade up with Sacramento and build around DJ but, with so few teams with cap space for FA several see their FA as happening on draft night with trades/acquisitions...at this point they probably have a couple godfather type offers on the table for DJ that it's giving them pause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Givoni’s face…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are looking at so many different things right now that it's hard to get a read. I think they'd like to trade up with Sacramento and build around DJ but, with so few teams with cap space for FA several see their FA as happening on draft night with trades/acquisitions...at this point they probably have a couple godfather type offers on the table for DJ that it's giving them pause.
    Zach Lowe had a hypothetical one recently which caught my attention: DeAngelo Russell and 2 FRPs (top 3 protected) from Minni. I really don't care for Russell, but the parameters seemed right -- a useful player + 2 picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe had a hypothetical one recently which caught my attention: DeAngelo Russell and 2 FRPs (top 3 protected) from Minni. I really don't care for Russell, but the parameters seemed right -- a useful player + 2 picks.
    I listened to that yesterday as well... another Podcaster (windhorst maybe? ) I was listening to said there were several teams inquiring about DJ. Apparently there's a sentiment out there in some corners that thinks Pop is going to retire before the season and that were moving DJ and Jak for a proper rebuild...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte ain’t goin anywhere. At least not anytime soon. And I sure as wouldn’t give him up for DeAngelo Russell and a couple FRP’s between 18-22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills/Bryn Forbes comparison. The Spurs are salivating. Alfonso Plummer to the Spurs G-League confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The inclusion of Beauchamp is interesting. I wonder if the Spurs at 20 are in play for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Givony latest mock draft that came out yesterday has Josh Minott at 40 and Max Christie at 47. Has the Spurs drafting Duren, Blake Wesley, Kennedy Chandler and Caleb Houstan at 38.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I’d be happy to get any of these players at 20. That is a very nicely situated pick because a quality prospect is guaranteed to fall there and then there’s arguably a significant tier break. Even players I’m down on like Agbaji, AJ Griffin, or Dieng would be great picks at 20 - though I’d still put other players like Max Christie or Dalen Terry over them, unless you think one of them can be grabbed at 25.

Looking at this list, it also should be conceivable for the spurs to package 20 and 25 to move up into the teens to grab their guy if other teams look at the tiers similarly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Givony latest mock draft that came out yesterday has Josh Minott at 40 and Max Christie at 47. Has the Spurs drafting Duren, Blake Wesley, Kennedy Chandler and Caleb Houstan at 38.
    I'd be super happy with Duren and I am glad to see him there.

I suppose Givoni is sticking with the guess that the Spurs made a promise to Houstan. I saw on Twitter that Houstan worked out for Denver and the Grizzlies among other teams. I haven't seen anything for the Spurs... My first su ion when Timvp posted about him was the Grizzlies. They took a huge gamble last year on Ziaire Williams who had a bad college season but was affected by COViD, a family death and was a top recruit in college. He shot poorly but had upside. Houston is not the same case but it just seemed their MO to take a gamble like that and they have slomo in their team. I think they can afford to take risks like Houstan who may bust but can also turn into a bench wing possibly. I didn't post about it bc the Houstan rumors to the Spurs have gone down.... But I suppose he's still in play. I don't know much about the other two guys and have to look them up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass on Kennedy Chandler and Caleb Houston. I’ll be really disappointed if we waste picks on those guys, especially Chandler. A 6’0 backup PG is not what we need. Would much rather have Ryan Rollins if we’re looking to draft a backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been the greatest fan of Duren, but that is a very smart move. I think he'll be one of the hottest commodities for teams picking below 9, because many of them have a glaring hole at C (like OKC & Charlotte) and will be extremely happy if he falls into their lap. Taking him and having them come at your feet offering their picks + assets (12 + whatever, 13 + 15) would give us a lot of options, or we could keep Duren and further explore trades involving Poeltl.
    The Spurs won’t draft a player they don’t want unless there is a deal already in place before the pick. Williams will likely still be on the board for CHA, so they just need to decide what would be the best use of the pick, a development project, or a ready to go plug in NBA center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting a player in order to blackmail later teams to trade for him doesn't seem like a great idea.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take Agbaji over Max Christie at 20 in a heartbeat. Dalen Terry is intriguing but still feels like a late FRP, like at #25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houstan: we have a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caleb Houstan is the discount AJ Griffin. He's immobile and athletic and also can't play defense, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9: Sochan
    20: EJ Ledell
    25: Max Christie or Jake Laravia
    38: Procida

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Houstan at 38 is not the worst thing that could happen. It's the 38th pick, and the Spurs could take a gamble on a character guys there. At least he's 6'8". More worried about them choosing Livio Jean Charles part 2 in the first round for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Houstan at 38 is not the worst thing that could happen. It's the 38th pick, and the Spurs could take a gamble on a character guys there. At least he's 6'8". More worried about them choosing Livio Jean Charles part 2 in the first round for example.
    Agreed. I’m worried about Houstan in the FR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass on Kennedy Chandler and Caleb Houston. I’ll be really disappointed if we waste picks on those guys, especially Chandler. A 6’0 backup PG is not what we need. Would much rather have Ryan Rollins if we’re looking to draft a backup PG.
    givoni's mock doesn't make complete sense, why would a guard heavy team draft Wesley and Chandler? and, yeah, i'll pass on houston as well-especially if procida is still around at #38.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should go all in
    Jalen Duren
    Jalen Williams
    Jaylin Williams

Last season the Spurs acquired two Josh's

Not sure where next year is headed

All kidding aside these Mocks are all over the place and are pretty much speculation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    givoni's mock doesn't make complete sense, why would a guard heavy team draft Wesley and Chandler? and, yeah, i'll pass on houston as well-especially if procida is still around at #38.
    I would too but I expect Porcida to go in the first round..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would too but I expect Porcida to go in the first round..
    it's possible he could go late 1st or early 2nd. if the spurs were to keep all their 1st rounders, i'd probably be okay with nabbing him with the 25th, depending on who else was left on the board at that point.

Thread Information