Page 103 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4088
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes part deux?
    More like Jack McClintock, probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m bumping this. It looks like Leonard Miller was playing with and against kids that probably couldn’t get a D3 offer.
    He was 'discovered' at the Nike Hoop Summit, and those are NOT kids who can't get a D3 offer. Was said to be the best player on the international team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need some athletic bigs down low.

Duren and/or Eason IMHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was 'discovered' at the Nike Hoop Summit, and those are NOT kids who can't get a D3 offer. Was said to be the best player on the international team.
    His last season was at Fort Erie International Academy - trust me those are kids who couldn’t get D3 offers. One decent outing at a hoops summit is risky business for an FRP choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His last season was at Fort Erie International Academy - trust me those are kids who couldn’t get D3 offers. One decent outing at a hoops summit is risky business for an FRP choice.
    Even taking D1 players is a risky business
    While to some extent I agree with you taking a player on limited live action against quality opponents- I'm more and more convinced that to some degree this a crap shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even taking D1 players is a risky business
    While to some extent I agree with you taking a player on limited live action against quality opponents- I'm more and more convinced that to some degree this a crap shoot.
    Agreed. I understand the intrigue. He makes sense to me in the second round but With that being said I guess we are well position to risk a pick if need be (Tor/Bos) with little repercussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Sochan remains my guy. I like others - Davis, coming around to Daniels - but Sochan doesn't simply fit a need, he has incredible potential. He fixes a lot of defensive problems immediately and I think his shooting woes are probably fixable. Plus he's very Spursy in background and personality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Sochan remains my guy. I like others - Davis, coming around to Daniels - but Sochan doesn't simply fit a need, he has incredible potential. He fixes a lot of defensive problems immediately and I think his shooting woes are probably fixable. Plus he's very Spursy in background and personality.
    +1

I think Chip can work with his jump shot and make some subtle changes that will drastically improve everything.

His defensive versatility (must need in the playoffs) , body control around the basket, and post up game intrigues me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we are 9, i have my definitive list since a few weeks , that will not change imo.

Duren
    Sochan
    Daniels
    Davis
    Murray( i really think he can fall to us)

Approximatively in that order : duren/sochan could be my tier 1 and Daniels/Davis my tier 2 with murray just after or with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we some how land in the top 4 my order would be Paulo, Jabari, Chet, Ivey.

if we stay at 9, Johnny Davis, Jalen Duren, Ousmane Dieng, Jeremy Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw one game, but was underwhelmed with Davis. Maybe because he looks like an average athlete and finished product
    That. Said I'm rarely right about these things, but then again who is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m wondering if Sochan is this year’s Scotty Barnes, the guy with the janky shot that every one except one team considers too risky to draft high. Scotty won ROY shooting 30% from three in a league that values that stat over just about everything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m wondering if Sochan is this year’s Scotty Barnes, the guy with the janky shot that every one except one team considers too risky to draft high. Scotty won ROY shooting 30% from three in a league that values that stat over just about everything else.
    I've been comparing him to Barnes for a while. They're both big guys with a lot of horizontal athleticism. Sochan does have playmaking ability. Not at the Barnes level, but he's a smart player. Sochan might beat him defensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we some how land in the top 4 my order would be Paulo, Jabari, Chet, Ivey.

if we stay at 9, Johnny Davis, Jalen Duren, Ousmane Dieng, Jeremy Sochan.
    I support this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been comparing him to Barnes for a while. They're both big guys with a lot of horizontal athleticism. Sochan does have playmaking ability. Not at the Barnes level, but he's a smart player. Sochan might beat him defensively.
    Only two issues one his free throw form is terrible it will be the first thing that needs to be broken down and fixed. The second you need to have a very good shot blocker at center as Sochan is not a good rim protector not saying he is not a good defender it's just he is not that type of player flying all over blocking shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only two issues one his free throw form is terrible it will be the first thing that needs to be broken down and fixed. The second you need to have a very good shot blocker at center as Sochan is not a good rim protector not saying he is not a good defender it's just he is not that type of player flying all over blocking shots.
    agreed on the blocks, at 9 the only guy who can do that if he still there is Duren. I'm not concerned about this part of Sochan's game, he will give you a block occasionnaly but that's not the best part of his game.

I hope the spurs will take a rim protector with one of their picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less concerned with having a shot blocker as more as having someone who can rebound and defend that 4 spot. a 4 and D player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has a slow release in that video but not to worried about it. If he can become even just an average 3-pt shooter (34-36%) with a slightly quicker release, he becomes a totally different player. Already looks like he’s bulked up a bit since last season at Baylor. If he performs well at the combine, could see him getting picked right before us at 7 or 8 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love for SA to get Sochan and Eason if they don’t land a top 4 pick. Use 9 to pick one of them, then also use 20, 25 and players to move up and get the other.
    Man, if timvp is right, and Eason is going to fall to near 20, getting Sochan & Eason with just 9 and 20 while having pick 25 still to trade with would be incredible.

Im surprised Eason is so low on timvp board seeing how SA defense was the issue this year and those types of players seem to be very valuable right now in the nba and tend to outperform (even with offensive flaws).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still, really really want SA to maneuver during the draft. They really dont need to draft 3 picks in the first so I am hoping they can use 20/25 and Richardson to move up closer to another lottery pick. I would even use Jak if CHA is still interested. Something around Jak + 25 for Players + pick 13 would be amazing and would allow for SA to likely use 9 + 13 to move up further too..

Just want to see them maximizing assets and still keeping an eye on future (trade Doug and Richardson for any future draft comp or to move up)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if timvp is right, and Eason is going to fall to near 20, getting Sochan & Eason with just 9 and 20 while having pick 25 still to trade with would be incredible.

Im surprised Eason is so low on timvp board seeing how SA defense was the issue this year and those types of players seem to be very valuable right now in the nba and tend to outperform (even with offensive flaws).
    Eason seems to be dropping across the boards. He has that ”doesn’t seem to know where he is” Lonnie Walker vibe. I’ve paid my money, and watched that entire movie already. It’s also an unfixable condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be shocked if Eason got past Chicago at 18. They desperately need defense on that team and he would get lots of playing time as a Rookie imo. They’d prob run that card up to the podium if he were available. I read they’re interested in Leonard Miller at 18 too though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest thing against Sochan, and I’m not against the spurs drafting him, I’d be happy but if we took him but at 9 is he really that special that we should take him with our 9th pick versus grabbing a guy like PBJ, Jovic, Liddell at the 20th spot and addressing the 9th pick with someone with more upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be shocked if Eason got past Chicago at 18. They desperately need defense on that team and he would get lots of playing time as a Rookie imo. They’d prob run that card up to the podium if he were available. I read they’re interested in Leonard Miller at 18 too though.
    Yeah, I don't see Eason lasting until 20. He's way too productive for teams to keep passing on him. But I do see the reasons the Spurs might stay away. He doesn't seem to be a bad dude, as far as I know, but he's just wild and undisciplined in a team setting. He lost to, and then beat, Paolo Banchero's team in high school, by the way.

Thread Information