Page 104 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eason's definitely got an odd personality. In post game interviews at LSU, his teammates almost always seemed aloof and awkward with him. I've watched more than a dozen of these, and they are always strangely uncomfortable, sometimes with teammates actually rolling their eyes at the interview table. I don't understand the exact dynamic there, but it's weird. There's very little team chumminess or casual jokey friendliness there that I can see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it's in !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League proving again you don’t need an elite center to win. Why do people want to waste their pick on Duren again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League proving again you don’t need an elite center to win. Why do people want to waste their pick on Duren again?
    Because I don’t trust Jakob or Zach Collins to be our bigs lol joking aside Duren isn’t a first choice of mine but I still wouldn’t mind us picking him. A couple guys I’d rather have then him for sure tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea seems to be paired with trading Poeltl. I dunno about using a top 10 pick on a center nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, the concern is about using a lottery pick on a center in today’s NBA where centers don’t lead teams deep into the playoffs. This isn’t about whether our current centers are good enough, this is about if it’s even worth using the pick on one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, the concern is about using a lottery pick on a center in today’s NBA where centers don’t lead teams deep into the playoffs. This isn’t about whether our current centers are good enough, this is about if it’s even worth using the pick on one.
    To me it's about who's on the board when we pick. If Duren is BPA I'd take him but, from a philosophical perspective you make a good point. If there are players on the board in the same tier that I had Duren I'd probably go with someone playing a different position but I don't think I'd pick someone from a lower tier over him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea seems to be paired with trading Poeltl. I dunno about using a top 10 pick on a center nowadays.
    Poodle is a good player but he is going to want to get paid $$ so that is why I want the Spurs to keep pursing that trade that broke down or any other new trades. I am also wanting us to get a center with the 25th pick I am really high on Kamagate or Koloko so even if we don't get a trade done that gives them one year of learning before we have to let Poodle go because of money $$$

Either way in this draft I am looking for size I would rather take Dieng with our 9th pick as I think he has the most upside but depending on measurements and skill test and scrimmage I would not hate taking Sochan, or even Daniels if he is a legit 8ft and the Spurs think they can fix his three ball shooting?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why so many so high on him? I don't see a potential future star in his game. A solid role player but not a go to scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why so many so high on him? I don't see a potential future star in his game. A solid role player but not a go to scorer.
    Why do you keep wanting Sochan to be a go to scorer? Lol.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you keep wanting Sochan to be a go to scorer? Lol.
    By the talk and the hype on this guy you'd think he has a higher potential on the offensive side.

If you burn a top ten pick on a player don't target what appears as a limited offensive player. Defensive role players you can find with the 20th and/ or 25th picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have decided I am on the official Ousmane Dieng Train.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the talk and the hype on this guy you'd think he has a higher potential on the offensive side.
    Who has said this? Are you brain damaged?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who has said this? Are you brain damaged?
    What makes you think I'm saying someone is saying he is a strong offensive player?

I'm saying Sochan is over hyped and shouldn't be pick 9.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think I'm saying someone is saying he is a strong offensive player?

I'm saying Sochan is over hyped and shouldn't be pick 9.
    Well, we need a power forward and after the first 7 picks or so the talent level drops off. There is no home run pick at #9 I would argue. I've been leaning towards Davis, but I'm not absolutely in love with that scenario, either. The other option is swinging for the fences for a star down the road, like Leonard Miller or Ousmane Dieng, but both are so young and would need so much work, it feels like a really low chance of success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this also points to FA in regards to whether or not the spurs did decide to spend serious cap space this summer. should it be spent on ayton or lavine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea give me Sochan at 9

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was 'discovered' at the Nike Hoop Summit, and those are NOT kids who can't get a D3 offer. Was said to be the best player on the international team.
    Well, we need a power forward and after the first 7 picks or so the talent level drops off. There is no home run pick at #9 I would argue. I've been leaning towards Davis, but I'm not absolutely in love with that scenario, either. The other option is swinging for the fences for a star down the road, like Leonard Miller or Ousmane Dieng, but both are so young and would need so much work, it feels like a really low chance of success.
    Dieng and Sochan are the same age and nothing is a sure thing when drafting and as people have stated we need a massive talent upgrade and it happens to be a position of need. Also, for the record his first half of the season he was terrible but the second half he showed why he is lottery talent. Not easy going to a new country/league and he is playing against professionals players who are getting paid for a living and he is doing it at 18 years old.

Also, if his measurements are true 6’10 with a 7.1 wingspan that some nice building blocks in addition to his shooting and ball handling.
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-16-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not opposed to Dieng but I think Sochan is more developed physically and could contribute more quickly but he has a lower ceiling I suppose, but I think Sochan also has some upside on offense in at least a secondary role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng and Sochan are the same age and nothing is a sure thing when drafting and as people have stated we need a massive talent upgrade and it happens to be a position of need. Also, for the record his first half of the season he was terrible but the second half he showed why he is lottery talent. Not easy going to a new country/league and he is playing against professionals players who are getting paid for a living and he is doing it at 18 years old.

Also, if his measurements are true 6’10 with a 7.1 wingspan that some nice building blocks in addition to his shooting and ball handling.
    that's something indeed Dieng gets for himself. He experienced a change of country in a new pro league and I guess he'll be prepared to that entering the NBA. I also guess he'll be "familiar" with the spurs, watching TP growing up, who might even give him a few advice on how to deal with Pop as a rookie and about life in SA in general (minus ing your teammate wife).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea give me Sochan at 9
    Sup Trill? Where you been brah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup Trill? Where you been brah
    Sup fam. I've been around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Schmitz just did a good video with Dieng, it worth a view though audio could be better. If anyone could post it that would be cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Mike Schmitz a thing?

Thread Information