Page 119 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw two mocks today that had Davis going #6 overall. Mocks mean nothing, but I think he’s moving up draft boards regardless after the combine and these individual workouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw two mocks today that had Davis going #6 overall. Mocks mean nothing, but I think he’s moving up draft boards regardless after the combine and these individual workouts.
    Yeah I think Davis goes before us and possibly before Mathurin. He's too promising.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are gonna pick somebody nobody’s heard about just like last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After all the scenarios have played out, if we are going big I do hope the Spurs at least look at what Duren can do/be.
    Hard to believe this kid is 18 tbh..

I wouldn’t mind Duren. But he requires a little more shuffling of the roster. I see him going up the board, and hopefully helps land the Spurs who they really need: go-to scorer, point-of-attack defender Davis at 9th. Rebound and defense at 4, Sochan, Eason 13-15. Insurance big: Kessler, Koloko at 20-25 whichever pick is left. Project big or spot-up shooter at 38th or whoever they can stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t mind Duren. But he requires a little more shuffling of the roster. I see him going up the board, and hopefully helps land the Spurs who they really need: go-to scorer, point-of-attack defender Davis at 9th. Rebound and defense at 4, Sochan, Eason 13-15. Insurance big: Kessler, Koloko at 20-25 whichever pick is left. Project big or spot-up shooter at 38th or whoever they can stash.
    Ok, so here's my argument for Duren.

When you look at all the players likely available when picking at #9, even in the unlikely event of a Mathurin, Daniels being available; at the very high-end of outcomes, where do you think they stand in the hierarchy of players to position?
    Do you think any of them could be the best Guard league wide by the end of their rookie contract?

With Duren, I see him as the clear-cut best C prospect in the draft (and no I don't think Chet is a C). I believe that there is a significant gap in talent based on projections and potential when compared to the consensus' next best, Mark Williams.
    It's not unreasonable to think Duren could be one of the best C, perhaps Top 3, in four years time at age 22.
    Rarely do you have an opportunity to draft someone of that ilk at 9.

If the league continues to get smaller and smaller at the 5, a player like Duren could absolutely feast if he can competently guard on the perimeter and consistently develops his jumper.

Edit: I've got no doubt there will be a special talent from the SG in this draft but when you look at the names, can you be sure to grab the right one? And even more still, the right one at #9 knowing what you're leaving on the board?

eg. NBA Draft Rooms Top 20 SG

Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 06-07-2022 at 03:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so here's my argument for Duren.

When you look at all the players likely available when are picking at #9, even in the unlikely event of a Mathurin, Daniels being available; at the very high-end of outcomes, where do you think they stand in the hierarchy of players to position?
    Do you think any of them could be the best Guard league wide by the end of their rookie contract?

With Duren, I see him as the clear-cut best C prospect in the draft (and no I don't think Chet is a C). I believe that there is a significant gap in talent based on projections and potential when compared to the consensus' next best, Mark Williams.
    It's not unreasonable to think Duren could be one of the best C, perhaps Top 3, in four years time at age 22.
    Rarely do you have an opportunity to draft someone of that ilk at 9.

If the league continues to get smaller and smaller at the 5, a player like Duren could absolutely feast if he can competently guard on the perimeter and consistently develops his jumper.
    I’ll buy it. Duren checks-off the need for a go-to scorer. How do you fix the other immediate needs? Including point of attack defender which athletic guards nightly torched the Spurs.

To me Spurs immediate needs:
    1. Go-to scorer: Davis, Mathurin, Sharpe
    2. Rebound and defense at PF: Sochan, Eason
    3. Point of attack defender: Davis
    4. On man defense at C: Duren, Williams, Koloko, Kessler

To me Davis checks off 1 and 3, plus he becomes a secondary facilitator. Davis just gives so much value for me at 9. If I could pair him with Eason, Spurs just took care of 1, 2 and 3. And they have the luxury with either 20 or 25, whichever left after chasing Eason, to get a defensive big, #4 problem check. There’s easier path to address the immediate needs, compare to drafting Duren. Unless Duren is a top 3 talent, but he’s not imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll buy it. Duren checks-off the need for a go-to scorer. How do you fix the other immediate needs? Including point of attack defender which athletic guards nightly torched the Spurs.

To me Spurs immediate needs:
    1. Go-to scorer: Davis, Mathurin, Sharpe
    2. Rebound and defense at PF: Sochan, Eason
    3. Point of attack defender: Davis
    4. On man defense at C: Duren, Williams, Koloko, Kessler

To me Davis checks off 1 and 3, plus he becomes a secondary facilitator. Davis just gives so much value for me at 9. If I could pair him with Eason, Spurs just took care of 1, 2 and 3. And they have the luxury with either 20 or 25, whichever left after chasing Eason, to get a defensive big, #4 problem check. There’s easier path to address the immediate needs, compare to drafting Duren. Unless Duren is a top 3 talent, but he’s not imo.
    BTW I'm not 100% on board the Duren bandwagon. Just thought it was an interesting point to make.
    I was amending my post when you must have responded so I did put some extra info. in there.

I like your list of immediate needs and actually think Duren's biggest weakness might be as a Go-To Scorer atm.

My main point was there is a glut of shooting guards in this draft, we just drafted one last year, do you think there is huge difference between Johnny Davis and Jaden Hardy for example? Enough you could be certain in four years that you're grabbing the right one at #9?

I'm just hoping the Spurs are having that discussion at the very least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either this is his second workout with the Spurs or the first one was a fluke timvp

Let’s go. JDub with the 9th. I badly want to see this happen (i know it probably wont) so mofos can cry about it being a reach like they do with Primo’s in their mouth in every one of their posts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JDub

97th percentile when shooting off the catch when open
    100th percentile when shooting off the catch when guarded

1.769 points per possession when shooting off the catch when guarded
    Jdub makes over 50% of his shots when guarded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Duren energy and fire. Looks confident, tough and very determined. Kind of guy that will bring it on the court every night. Def doesn't look 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dyson on the docket sometime in the not too distant future…

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Davis will go to the Knicks at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don’t draft Williams at #9, I think it’s very likely they will take him at #20 if he’s there. I wouldn’t be surprised if our draft haul ends up being Johnny Davis and Jalen Williams.

I would be disappointed, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Davis will go to the Knicks at 11.
    Possible, and it’d be a good fit, but don’t see him lasting that long. He’s moving up draft boards right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this anonymous executive Mr. Body by chance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don’t draft Williams at #9, I think it’s very likely they will take him at #20 if he’s there. I wouldn’t be surprised if our draft haul ends up being Johnny Davis and Jalen Williams.

I would be disappointed, though.

Sounds like Williams won't make it to 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t mind Daniels at 9, now 6’8” who likes to facilitate and a lockdown defender and still just 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniels absolutely my top choice at 9 at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to root for Jalen Williams, such a freakish 7’3” wingspan and 39” vertical. He’d be a great help defender, but could be a tad slow against shiftier guards. And that’s where athletic guards torch Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniels seems top Intriguing to pass up on. I always favor players who SHOW development every year. Daniel's pace of development is on star level.

I've thought Davis has the prototypical game since before he was getting much love in the lottery. Guy is just an old fashioned bucket.

Williams is definitely intriguing. How high though? Seems like young talent will push a bunch of solid older talent down the board. Can definitely come away with some steals this draft. Great draft to have multiple picks. It's crazy deep on actual star prospects. The odds hopefully favor the spurs with one of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch Jovic the more I don't want him at any pick. I don't see what's so good about his game.

Give me Procida, that guy can play some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch Jovic the more I don't want him at any pick. I don't see what's so good about his game.

Give me Procida, that guy can play some.
    I've been out on Jovic for a while. He's good offensively but may be completely unplayable due to his defensive woes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been out on Jovic for a while. He's good offensively but may be completely unplayable due to his defensive woes.
    Jovic is who Spurs can stash for a couple of years. I can’t see the Spurs playing 4 rookies. Again Jovic has guard skills at 6’11”, high Bball IQ. High rewards, low risk if he pans out. But Procida is another candidate.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see anything great about Jovic, in my opinion. I suppose at 38 he would make sense. But I still like David Roddy at 38 if not Alondes Williams more.

Thread Information